You are the GM of the Philadelphia Eagles

Would you trade T.O. if he threatens to hold out and wants to be traded?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade T.O. if he threatens to hold out and wants to be traded?

• Yes
    • No

THey rode him for all last season, and now they won't pay the man. 

Hes too damn good to let go.

305262[/snapback]

Wrong! They are more than willing to pay him, the amount of money he agreed to play for, less than 1 year ago. So what, the Eagles give him the money he wants, throw their salary cap out of wack to accomodate him, lose all their depth, and then two years down the road, TO will want to "go somewhere he will have a chnace to win"? You would just think, by now, some of these guys would learn. The Eagles can win without him, they did it for 3 years before he got there, they can do it without him. Being lost in all of this is the swipes he took at McNabb, for "getting tired" in the Super Bowl game. McNabb is much more vital to that teams success than Owens.

Doesn't strike anyone who is so supportive of Owens that he is establishing, once again, a pattern of behavior that makes him, eventually, a detriment to his team? He pissed and moaned in San Francisco, took shots at teammates (all the while, excusing his boorish behavior with the tired "I come to play every Sunday" argument, right up there with Allen Iverson's "We're talking about practice man.." tirade a few years ago) wanted more money, wanted to get traded, wanted to determine what team he got traded to, went to the team of his choice, and is starting the whole cycle over again! If I see him with his crocodile tears again ("you guys in the media pick on me, I am not getting arrested, blah, blah, blah") it will only further my disdain for this guy. He may be a model citizen off the field, he may make some terrific plays (and I would never take that away from him) but he is the classic example of the spoiled athlete that just doesn't "get it" when it comes to team sports. I would say "good riddance" if he were on my team....

Wrong!  They are more than willing to pay him, the amount of money he agreed to play for, less than 1 year ago.  So what, the Eagles give him the money he wants, throw their salary cap out of wack to accomodate him, lose all their depth, and then two years down the road, TO will want to "go somewhere he will have a chnace to win"?  You would just think, by now, some of these guys would learn.  The Eagles can win without him, they did it for 3 years before he got there, they can do it without him.  Being lost in all of this is the swipes he took at McNabb, for "getting tired" in the Super Bowl game.  McNabb is much more vital to that teams success than Owens. 

Doesn't strike anyone who is so supportive of Owens that he is establishing, once again, a pattern of behavior that makes him, eventually,  a detriment to his team?  He pissed and moaned in San Francisco, took shots at teammates (all the while, excusing his boorish behavior with the tired "I come to play every Sunday" argument, right up there with Allen Iverson's "We're talking about practice man.." tirade a few years ago) wanted more money, wanted to get traded, wanted to determine what team he got traded to, went to the team of his choice, and is starting the whole cycle over again!  If I see him with his crocodile tears again ("you guys in the media pick on me, I am not getting arrested, blah, blah, blah") it will only further my disdain for this guy.  He may be a model citizen off the field, he may make some terrific plays (and I would never take that away from him) but he is the classic example of the spoiled athlete that just doesn't "get it" when it comes to team sports.  I would say "good riddance" if he were on my team....

305286[/snapback]

don't let your disdain for him interfear with the fact that he's the best in the league

"I had to let him (Reid) know that this isn't a problem. That's a misunderstanding, because this is all about business."

So you misunderstood when you signed the contract, TO? You misunderstood when you got your first big check? Was that all just one BIG misunderstanding? Then here's an idea: give the money back and start all over again.

What's that, TO? The answer is NO? Well then STFU you fuggin' tard and get back to fuggin work.

don't let your disdain for him interfear with the fact that he's the best in the league

305538[/snapback]

Oh, I know he is may very well be the best WR in the leauge (I still think Randy Moss is a notch better, but is also a maor leauge team cancer), but what has that gotten him, or any of his teams? He is credited with getting the Eagles over the hump, and into the Super Bowl. Big deal! They didn't win one with him, and actually managed to win two playoff games without him.

I am not denying the guy is physically talented, but if you are a negative influence on your team, year after year, because your need for all the glory is so strong, you really are not ultimately helping all that much in the end. With the NFC as putrid as it was last year, I am not sure the Eagles coudn't have just as easily lost a Super Bowl without TO, just as easily as they lost one with him. People who claim they rode him all season long (that would be Owens himself and his legion of fans), forget that the Eagles were something like 39-9 (or so) in regular season games the previous three years. Guys like Mushin Muhammed, or even our own Eric Moulds, while maybe not quite as gifted as Owens, might be all the Eagles needed to get to where TO "took them". And Eagles fans, management wouldn't be having this debate, less than a year after the guy agreed to a contract.

TO asking for more money is not what bothers me so much. That is common place. It is the "woe is me, I am so picked on, everyone is so against me when all I do is bring it every week" schtick, all the while saying "look at me, I am an extrordinary talent, one of the 10 best in the leauge" and taking jabs at your QB at the same time. Teams have been winning Super Bowls for years, without Terrell Owens, and I suspect, they will continue to. If he was available, I think smart teams would stay away.

TO asking for more money is not what bothers me so much.  That is common place.  It is the "woe is me, I am so picked on, everyone is so against me when all I do is bring it every week" schtick, all the while saying "look at me, I am an extrordinary talent, one of the 10 best in the leauge" and taking jabs at your QB at the same time.  Teams have been winning Super Bowls for years, without Terrell Owens, and I suspect, they will continue to.  If he was available, I think smart teams would stay away.

305774[/snapback]

Precisely. With Freddie Mitchell on his way out, the Eagles will probably use 2 picks on WR's on Day 1. Plenty of extra picks to afford that luxury.

Owens is on the wrong side of 30 and overestimates his long term value. I'm well aware what he did last year but Philly is NOT going to redo his contract and may just move him. If McNabb doesn't want him around, he's history.

Owens act is played. He's not bigger than the Eagles and Rosenhaus doesn't help matters.

I voted 'no', but only because I would make his silly ass hold out instead. I don't buy his 'I'm getting underpaid this year' because everyone knows the meat of a contract is the signing bonus. He got that last year and now he wants another one? Fug off TO.

New England keeps winning Super Bowls with receivers you couldn't pick out of a police lineup. Philly would be very foolish to overpay for this 'superstar'.