Tedy Bruschi had TWO holes in his heart

Tedy Bruschi of the Patriots apparently had two holes surgically repaired by doctors in Arizona. He is at the White House with the Patriots today, and he is considering returning to the NFL, though it's not clear if he means this year or next. His doctors feel like it's probably a bad idea.

http://www.boston.com/sports/

Look for the NECN: Collins link

PTR

Tedy Bruschi of the Patriots apparently had two holes surgically repaired by doctors in Arizona.  He is at the White House with the Patriots today, and he is considering returning to the NFL, though it's not clear if he means this year or next.  His doctors feel like it's probably a bad idea.

http://www.boston.com/sports/

Look for the NECN: Collins link

PTR

304746[/snapback]

two holes, 3 rings. Great career. Time to hang em up. For you and your family's sake, and for the Bills sake! :D

two holes, 3 rings. Great career. Time to hang em up. For you and your family's sake, and for the Bills sake! :D

304749[/snapback]

I wonder if he's still happy that he took less money to win some rings....Life is too unpredictable, particularly health-wise for football players, to not look at the NFL as a buisness.

I wonder if he's still happy that he took less money to win some rings....Life is too unpredictable, particularly health-wise for football players, to not look at the NFL as a buisness.

304807[/snapback]

As much as I hate NE I have little doubt that Bob Kraft will take care of Bruschi. He paid the remaining years and full amount to Robert Edwards when he was so viciously injured. I would expect the same for Tedi Bruschi.

I said before that it's probably the end of Tedy's career in the NFL. I seriously doubt he plays this year (and if that limp he has was from the stroke, him not playing is pretty much a stone cold lock), and after that he's 2 years older. Better to use some sense and retire now, Tedy, after getting your coin first of course.

I said before that it's probably the end of Tedy's career in the NFL.  I seriously doubt he plays this year (and if that limp he has was from the stroke, him not playing is pretty much a stone cold lock), and after that he's 2 years older.  Better to use some sense and retire now, Tedy, after getting your coin first of course.

304829[/snapback]

I don't particularly mind Bruschi leaving football and leaving the Patriots with a hole in their roster...but I hate to see it happen the way it has.

304807[/snapback]

he didn't take less money. he renegotiated a year before his contract was up, which means he would have gone on the free agent market this year if he hadn't done it.

I hate the Patriots as much as the next guy, and I'm happy to see them take a step backwards. But not like this. Of all the people on their roster, Teddy Bruschi has got to be one of the best human beings. He plays with a lot of toughness and desire, he seems like a good family guy, and he sacrificed his own financial self-interest to help his team. I'd love it if the Bills consisted of players who were just like him.

I hate the Patriots as much as the next guy, and I'm happy to see them take a step backwards. But not like this. Of all the people on their roster, Teddy Bruschi has got to be one of the best human beings. He plays with a lot of toughness and desire, he seems like a good family guy, and he sacrificed his own financial self-interest to help his team. I'd love it if the Bills consisted of players who were just like him.

304966[/snapback]

I totally agree! Bruschi always had a knack for making big plays when they mattered. I have a lot of respect for him as a player and hope that his medical problems get corrected whether he is able to play again or not.

How wrong is it for me to say I don't give a monkey's crap about what happens to Tedy friggin Bruschi?

304863[/snapback]

Wow, did you forget your meds today?

Your a little on the nasty side today in this thread and the other one that you started :(

Relax friend!