WAAAAY OT - anybody here shave their head??

I decided to beat mother nature to the punch. So I shaved the dome. Not with a razor...just a "one blade" on the clippers. Which is pretty close. If I don't shave my face for a couple days, it's about the same length.

My question is....anyone shave their head? AND....can you recommend a soap that won't make my head shine? Or a matte moisturizer (no I'm not gay) Just not into the chrome-dome look.

I just got a mowhawk. I still use what I've always used. I guess it really depends on your skin type. My hair hasn't been this short since I was born. I'm in Hawaii and I got a little burned since my head has never seen the sun. :D

I decided to beat mother nature to the punch. So I shaved the dome. Not with a razor...just a "one blade" on the clippers. Which is pretty close. If I don't shave my face for a couple days, it's about the same length.

My question is....anyone shave their head? AND....can you recommend a soap that won't make my head shine? Or a matte moisturizer (no I'm not gay) Just not into the chrome-dome look.

304702[/snapback]

I shave my head 3 to 4 times a week. Without it, I have the polish mohawk! It kind of sucked when I first started doing it, but it is as simple as shaving my face now, and hey, the chicks dig it. At least the dysfuntional insane ones!

Anyway, I just put some Aloe lotion on my scalp, and then some shaving lotion, and use the MACH 3 razor. Works great! I never really have to worry about a shine, but I know they do sell head "wax" at pharmacies. I have never used it. Good luck~!

Shave my hair every summer. Try and get a little tan on the ol' dome, the appearance of shine is less than that of a white head. Just for fun though, put a little cologne on your head after you shave it...good stuff. :D

i'm considering it even though i'm not losing hair yet just to "beat nature to the punch"...

i think it's going to happen since my dad is bald, but...who knows

when do people usually start balding? i'm 25 and haven't lost anything yet (KNOCKS ON ALL THE WOOD IN THE ROOM)

304702[/snapback]

Goo, I have been doing it for about 4 yrs now (see my profile). It's addicting!

I shave 2x/wk with a Sensor or Sensor Excel.

My head shines like crazy when I take the razor to it. I go to the gym every morning and on shaving days I sit in the steam room for a bit to soften the stubble.

Works like a charm. That helps cut down on the dry skin factor as well.

To avoid the gloss, you should shave it and feel it as you are shaving. My mistake is that I like to shave it really smooth, so I feel no grain whatsoever. You should probably not do that. I notice if I rush through it, it still looks smooth, but less shiney. It's that second and third pass that really gets down to the skin and shines real bad.

Also, check this site out. http://www.headblade.com/Merchant2/merchan...egory_Code=2000

also, check out their shaver. I don't have one, but I may buy one to try it out.

http://www.headblade.com/default23.htm

the poster who suggested using Aloe is right on. I usually use Nivea shaving cream on my head.

Good Luck Brother, and welcome to the club. ( :-)>

Edited by ByTor2112

I've been shaving my head every day for 4 years now (except a very ocassional day that I just don't feel like it). I switch between the Mach3 and the newer Schick Quattro. The Mach is go for those times after I've gone a day between shaves -- it gets the stubble really well. I use the Quattro on a regular basis because it get the hair closer, which makes the next day not so tough to shave. I also use shaving cream on my head. I used to just use the cheapest stuff at WalMart, but have switched to using any of the $2.50/can gels because they are much better in terms of keeping down the razor burn.

304702[/snapback]

I use the clippers every other week or so (not a long project) :doh:

Every now and then I use a razor. Just shaving brush, any soap, and a M3 Turbo or whatever they call the battery powered Mach III.

I call it the "R.Rich Look". :(

I use the clippers every other week or so (not a long project)  :doh:

Every now and then I use a razor. Just shaving brush, any soap, and a M3 Turbo or whatever they call the battery powered Mach III.

I call it the "R.Rich Look".  :(

305054[/snapback]

any soap???? Rock, does your skull flake like a bastard or what? I tried bar soap once and it looked like I stood on my head on Tony Montana's desk.

any soap???? Rock, does your skull flake like a bastard or what? I tried bar soap once and it looked like I stood on my head on Tony Montana's desk.

305177[/snapback]

No, I use bar soap for shaving my face and my head.

You callin me a bastard, or you sayin that I'm a flake?

Make up yer freakin mind!

You want a piece of me, ByTor, bring yer razor! :doh::blink: