What Dolphin Fans Think of Buff-Miami Rivalry

ChasBB

Survey Question from www.miamidolphins.com ...

Now that the Dolphins' 2005 schedule has been released, which home game are you looking forward to the most?

50% New England Patriots (Nov. 13)

13% Atlanta Falcons (Nov. 6)

13% Denver Broncos (Sept. 11)

9% New York Jets (Dec. 18)

6% Kansas City Chiefs (Oct. 23)

4% Buffalo Bills (Dec. 4)

3% Carolina Panthers (Sept. 25)

1% Tennessee Titans (Dec. 24)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why are you on this board asking that question??????? . 6 - 10 at best for them

304583[/snapback]

Why? Because Mr. Wilson made such a big deal about "preserving the rivalry" and, the truth is, nobody really cares! Yes, a lot has to do with the Patriots whooping up on everybody the last few years.

I wanted to see Buffalo in a division with Pittsburgh, Cleveland, & Cincinati when the NFL was re-aligned. It made the most sense. New rivalries would have been formed instantly. Instead, we're preserving a rivalry that isn't even a rivalry any longer -- at least not the rivalry it once was.

This is because there are very few true Dolphin fans...fans that truely appreciate the history of the rivalry. Most of them are fair weather front runners who leave the stadium 3/4 empty when "their" team is behind in a game.

Why?  Because Mr. Wilson made such a big deal about "preserving the rivalry" and, the truth is, nobody really cares!  Yes, a lot has to do with the Patriots whooping up on everybody the last few years.

I wanted to see Buffalo in a division with Pittsburgh, Cleveland, & Cincinati when the NFL was re-aligned.  It made the most sense.  New rivalries would have been formed instantly.  Instead, we're preserving a rivalry that isn't even a rivalry any longer -- at least not the rivalry it once was.

304595[/snapback]

i could care less how many games they win as long as we put a can of woop ass on them.its all ways fun to beat the crap out of them

Seems to me that Bills fans have always made it a bigger rivalry than Dolphin fans, except for a few years. Dolphin fans have always had just as big a rivalry with the Dogass Jets as much as the Bills, and especially with the Patsies going wild the last 4 years or so a lot of rancor has been transferred to them from Bills, Dogass Jets and Dolfelons alike. I don't think even the Bills fans hatred for the Dolphins is as great as it has been, partly because of the Patsies-Drew situation and partly because South America's Team just blows.

Why would they be looking forward to us stomping them into the ground?

304582[/snapback]

I dunno the answer to that, but they're certainly looking forward to NE stomping them into the ground.

Miami will always be a rivalry from a Bills fan's standpoint. The fact that the Miami Rasta's don't consider it to be any more has nothing to do with my desire to stomp the ever loving crap out of them at least 2 times a year. The only time it is ok for them to get to the playoff's is so we can beat them 3 times in one year!

Why?  Because Mr. Wilson made such a big deal about "preserving the rivalry" and, the truth is, nobody really cares! 

304595[/snapback]

How many of those respondents were alive during the 1970's ? How many can actually speak english beyond " gimmie my gov't handout " ? 4 % ?

The Patsies on top isn't all that surprising considering they're the two-time defending champs. There are quite a few New Englanders down here and now that the Pats and Sox are on top, they've become quite vocal (i.e. annoying). The Jets being so far down seems a bit off. That seems to be the biggest rival as far as I can tell.

Remember, most Dolphans are Florida red-necks. They like to think they're more sophisticated than Bills fans, but I would peg the trash-factor at about even with us. I think we have more fans that are real X & O guys, though.

I wanted to see Buffalo in a division with Pittsburgh, Cleveland, & Cincinati when the NFL was re-aligned.  It made the most sense.  New rivalries would have been formed instantly.  Instead, we're preserving a rivalry that isn't even a rivalry any longer -- at least not the rivalry it once was.

304595[/snapback]

I agree. While Buffalo/Miami is still special at times, I think the Buffalo/Cleveland, Buffalo/Pittsburgh rivarlies would be special each and every year. I was hoping for the realignment as well.

I dont even know where to begin to address this thread. First of, Dolfans are not rednecks... Juguars fans maybe, but not Dolfans. Second, rivalries stick with competitiveness in Miami, which means that we look forward to playing the best teams each year. New England is the best team (as much as we all hate that, it is true), so the fans look forward to playing them each year. We hate the Jets cause they've owned us for so long. And the Buffalo rivalry has sunk, not just in Miami, but nationwide. Look at the top rivalries in the NFL, and Buff-Miami just isnt up where it used to be.

I do look forward to playing the Bills each year, but I love playing all the AFC East teams each year, those are the biggest games of the year.

I agree.  While Buffalo/Miami is still special at times, I think the Buffalo/Cleveland, Buffalo/Pittsburgh rivarlies would be special each and every year.  I was hoping for the realignment as well.

304824[/snapback]

I don't know how much Ralph had to do with the Bills staying in the AFC East when realignment occurred, but I was all in favor of a move to a division with Cleveland, Pittsburgh & Cincinnati. :(