NYS - Time for another "magic bullet"

Or how about a high-speed train from Binghamton to Scranton

Who the ***** travels between Binghamton and Scranton?  :wacko:

His panel of engineers will dust off the moribund studies

Maybe they're moribund for a reason.  Jesus...  :doh:

I wish we had high-speed trains across the US. Traveling in Europe is pretty easy with the train system (your choice of fast or slower).  Yes, yes, I realize Europe is teeny-tiny and has far fewer major city centers, but that doesn't stop me from wishing we too had a great high-speed rail system.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

Everyone traveling from Binghamton to NYC

Yeah, that's worth putting up billions for 1/4 of that distance.  How would this magic train cross PA, NJ and enter NYC?

2 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

If the train were to go from Binghamton to NYC, everyone on that train would travel between Binghamton and Scranton.

Sure. But if you give the conductor the wrong half of a round trip ticket do they make you sit facing the back of the train. :unsure:

Just now, Gary Busey said:

I'm obviously not a train expert but probably the same way other trains have crossed mountains all over the world. 

Meaning you're talking out of your ass again by not understanding the terrain and logistics of building a new high speed train line to transport maybe 200 people a day from Binghamton to NYC. 

1 minute ago, GG said:

Meaning you're talking out of your ass again by not understanding the terrain and logistics of building a new high speed train line to transport maybe 200 people a day from Binghamton to NYC. 

It would be cheaper for the NYS taxpayers to just fly the 200 by helicopter. 

Just now, GG said:

I have yet to argue for or against this train.

All I said was people traveling from Binghamton to NYC would also travel through Scranton. I then said it would probably get there on train tracks.

You do you, though.

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

I have yet to argue for or against this train.

All I said was people traveling from Binghamton to NYC would also travel through Scranton. I then said it would probably get there on train tracks.

You do you, though.

There is no passenger train from Scranton to NYC right now.  So the question remains, what do people do when this magic train reaches Scranton?