Let me try...as we stand right now.

JP has done squat for this team and he is still mentally a rookie.  Unless our O-line plays like Pitt's, I don't think we'll have the year that they did and anyone thinking 12-4 is just kidding themselves.  Big Ben was the exception to the rule. 

Oh and btw, the Stillers had a pretty "decent" defense too.  At least we got that now!

304545[/snapback]

The Steelers' defense was significantly better than ours. It's one thing to compile gaudy numbers against the likes of Cleveland in terrible weather. But the real test is when it's the fourth quarter, with the game (and the season) on the line; and you're going against a good offense. Our defense choked in that exact situation, allowing a nine minute drive that all but ended the game. That wasn't the first or even second time that a late defensive collapse caused a Bills loss. Look at the Jacksonville game, or the first Jets game. Look at the way the defense collapsed in the second New England game.

Our defense is good. But given a chance to trade the defense we have now for the one we had back in the days of Wade; I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.