Let me try...as we stand right now.

We beat up on mostly patsies last year in running our record up. Our line is in chaos. We have a rookie QB. Wait, let me repeat, WE HAVE A ROOKIE QB.

OK, now let's look, although I hope we go 12-4, it's not gonna happen.

SUN 9/11 HOUSTON AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

We win this one, just because we are the Bills, and we think we shouldn't lose at home to Houston, especially after what happened at home to JAX last year. In a low scoring affair we win. 1-0.

SUN 9/18 BUFFALO AT TAMPA BAY 1:00p (ET)

Losman's first road game. At TB. Not gonna happen for us. Another tight game as our defense holds down Tampa's O. Nonetheless, 10-9 TB. 1-1

SUN 9/25 ATLANTA AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

Ron Mexico simply makes more plays than our future Ron Mexico "type" QB. 1-2

SUN 10/2 BUFFALO AT NEW ORLEANS 12:00p (CT)

JP back at the dome. We win this one on some fluky play. Many Bills fans make the trip and we get to .500. 2-2

SUN 10/9 MIAMI AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

Simply wear down Miami like most teams will do. Our defense wins this one for us. 3-2.

SUN 10/16 NEW YORK JETS AT BUFFALO 4:15p (ET)

This is the one we lose at home this year, that we all think we are gonna win. 3-3

SUN 10/23 BUFFALO AT OAKLAND 1:15p (PT)

Oakland is the most improved team in the league. West Coast. Black Hole, rookie QB. Nuff said. 3-4

SUN 10/30 BUFFALO AT NEW ENGLAND 8:30p (ET)

Primetime. We get closer, but no way. 3-5

SUN 11/6 BYE

SUN 11/13 KANSAS CITY AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

JP can't score enough to beat KC no matter where it is. KC is improved and takes Denver's spot in the playoffs 3-6

SUN 11/20 BUFFALO AT SAN DIEGO 1:15p (PT)

See Oakland, except they don't have to improve. They won't be as good, but they still are a good football team. 3-7

SUN 11/27 CAROLINA AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

This is one that we win in bad weather. 4-7

SUN 12/4 BUFFALO AT MIAMI 1:00p (ET)

Two in a row feels good, and we start to think JP isn't a bad pickup after all. 5-7

SUN 12/11 NEW ENGLAND AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

Here is the game New England isn't supposed to lose, but they do lose to us. Our Superbowl. 6-7

SAT 12/17 DENVER AT BUFFALO 8:30p (ET)

A jacked up Ralph to get to .500 doesn't matter. Denver is in the hunt for post-season play and edge a gritty effort by us. 6-8

SAT 12/24 BUFFALO AT CINCINNATI 1:00p (ET)

Carson Palmer is leading the Bengals to a nice year. 6-9

SUN 1/1 BUFFALO AT NEW YORK JETS 1:00p (ET)

With Pennington hurt late, like always, the Bills get some mo for 2006. 7-9

I think you're closer to the mark than the 12-4 group, but still a bit off.

You really think we're losing that Denver game in front of a jacked up crowd?

KC? Have they even won here since the SB 1 season?

Atlanta is a win too - we have a habit of smacking around those overrated NFC teams.

I can't quibble with the other games.

I must be crazy, because I think the combination of Losman and Holcombe will be able to at least equal Bledsoe's performance last season. It's not like the team needed an all-pro performance from him to win games.

The Oline might be in shambles, but it was in shambles in April last season too. Last year the team lacked guards, this year they lack tackles. JMac brought it together then, and he'll do the same this season.

And when you consider that McGahee, Evans, and Milloy will be in the starting lineup from opening day (barring injury), the Bills will field a better team against Houston than they did against Jax last season.

I suspect that a lot of Steelers fans would have called you crazy if you told them Rothlisberger was going to go on the run he went last year. I'm not saying that Losman will do as well or that the Bills will do as well, but I don't think the fact that Losman is a first year starter automatically equates to a down year.

I suspect that a lot of Steelers fans would have called you crazy if you told them Rothlisberger was going to go on the run he went last year.  I'm not saying that Losman will do as well or that the Bills will do as well, but I don't think the fact that Losman is a first year starter automatically equates to a down year.

304319[/snapback]

Roethislisberger didn't go on the run he had as much as the rest ofthe Steelers were stacked. Particularly their O-Line. He just guided the ship and then cost them late in the playoffs.

The rest of our team isn't nearly as good as the rest of the Steelers were. Particularly, again, the O-line.

but I don't think the fact that Losman is a first year starter automatically equates to a down year.

304319[/snapback]

Definately not a fact, but the odds are against any new starting QB in their first year. There are definately exceptions, but more often than not, they don't play well in their first year.

CW

We have a rookie QB? WTF. Did the draft happen and I missed it? Who did we get?

304286[/snapback]

Apparently you must have. Because as unimpressive an NFL team almost always is with a rookie QB, is just about as unimpressive an NFL team is that will be lead by a TULANE QB.

Here's hoping JP becomes the next Brett Favre. Here's hoping he handles pressure better than he handles 2,000 baseball fans at a Bisons opener too.

He seems to excite everyone with his talent, and has a head like Nuke in Bull Durham.

One bright lining, Nuke did make it with proper guidance. Let's hope JP Nuke Losman will be OK too. But in year 1? Not likely.

Apparently you must have.  Because as unimpressive an NFL team almost always is with a rookie QB, is just about as unimpressive an NFL team is that will be lead by a TULANE QB.

Here's hoping JP becomes the next Brett Favre.  Here's hoping he handles pressure better than he handles 2,000 baseball fans at a Bisons opener too.

He seems to excite everyone with his talent, and has a head like Nuke in Bull Durham.

One bright lining, Nuke did make it with proper guidance.  Let's hope JP Nuke Losman will be OK too.  But in year 1?  Not likely.

304343[/snapback]

I don't think he did. Losman aint a rookie. :D

Apparently you must have. Because as unimpressive an NFL team almost always is with a rookie QB, is just about as unimpressive an NFL team is that will be lead by a TULANE QB.

Here's hoping JP becomes the next Brett Favre. Here's hoping he handles pressure better than he handles 2,000 baseball fans at a Bisons opener too.

One bright lining, Nuke did make it with proper guidance. Let's hope JP Nuke Losman will be OK too. But in year 1? Not likely.

I'm gonna share a secret with you, and don't tell anybody. JP is not a rookie. Shhhhhhhhhhh, don't let the crazy people know.

I'm gonna share a secret with you, and don't tell anybody. JP is not a rookie. Shhhhhhhhhhh, don't let the crazy people know.

304353[/snapback]

That's right! He completed three passes last year and only gave the ball to the opponent twice! He's seasoned! :D

CW

You assume that a lot of bad teams are suddenly going to be good. And the "rookie QB" thing is going to destroy the entire Bills team. We won't have a rookie RB, or rookie defense. Why don't you just predict 0-16? You know you want to.

PTR

We beat up on mostly patsies last year in running our record up. Our line is in chaos. We have a rookie QB. Wait, let me repeat, WE HAVE A ROOKIE QB.

OK, now let's look, although I hope we go 12-4, it's not gonna happen.

SUN 9/11 HOUSTON AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

We win this one, just because we are the Bills, and we think we shouldn't lose at home to Houston, especially after what happened at home to JAX last year. In a low scoring affair we win. 1-0.

We win, a higher scoring affair for us then you think, as I don't think Houston's run defense is setup very well to stop McGahee. Bills win 21-13.

SUN 9/18 BUFFALO AT TAMPA BAY 1:00p (ET)

Losman's first road game. At TB. Not gonna happen for us. Another tight game as our defense holds down Tampa's O. Nonetheless, 10-9 TB. 1-1

Chris Simms sucks bad against our defense. TB's O sucks as well. We take this one 21-10 with lots of points setup by the D.

SUN 9/25 ATLANTA AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

Ron Mexico simply makes more plays than our future Ron Mexico "type" QB. 1-2

I'd love to say we'll win this one, but we won't. Horrifically, we face our first real test and lose. However, the season is still early, and we have time to get better. This is the first game that JP looks like a 1st year starter, and TSW is already labeling him a bust after one game. 2-1

SUN 10/2 BUFFALO AT NEW ORLEANS 12:00p (CT)

JP back at the dome. We win this one on some fluky play. Many Bills fans make the trip and we get to .500. 2-2

NO will play it very close, but they just haven't made the necessary improvements to their team in order to win. Buffalo 27-21. 3-1.

SUN 10/9 MIAMI AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

Simply wear down Miami like most teams will do. Our defense wins this one for us. 3-2.

Miami Dolphins have a new coach, with still no RB. This score may change if they get a decent one, but as of right now Buffalo 17-10. 4-1

SUN 10/16 NEW YORK JETS AT BUFFALO 4:15p (ET)

This is the one we lose at home this year, that we all think we are gonna win. 3-3

Got to agree with you here, don't see the Bills winning this one. Jests 24-17. 4-2.

SUN 10/23 BUFFALO AT OAKLAND 1:15p (PT)

Oakland is the most improved team in the league. West Coast. Black Hole, rookie QB. Nuff said. 3-4

Oakland is still Oakland. Yes its at Oakland, and pressure sucks, but I don't think Oakland is THAT improved. Besides, Norv Turner is STILL their coach. Buffalo 24-17. 5-2.

SUN 10/30 BUFFALO AT NEW ENGLAND 8:30p (ET)

Primetime. We get closer, but no way. 3-5

Billy the Coach kicks Billy the Buffalo's ass. First year starting QBs, or ones named Bledsoe vs Billy the Coach is no good. NE 31-17. 5-3.

SUN 11/6 BYE

SUN 11/13 KANSAS CITY AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

JP can't score enough to beat KC no matter where it is. KC is improved and takes Denver's spot in the playoffs 3-6

Very close game, and depends a lot on how improved KC's defense gets this offseason. As it stands right now I like ti mainly because its in Buffalo, but if KC's defense gets a couple more players, they will be playing like a team by this week and geling together. I think the Bills win it in a close one, 28-24, but this could easily change. 6-3.

SUN 11/20 BUFFALO AT SAN DIEGO 1:15p (PT)

See Oakland, except they don't have to improve. They won't be as good, but they still are a good football team. 3-7

Nasty football team that is the complete package. Next year we might win this game, but this year at San Diego we don't. SD 28-20. 6-4

SUN 11/27 CAROLINA AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

This is one that we win in bad weather. 4-7

Carolina is always dangerous, but they have some work to do to get back to the superbowl. Last year proved this. Bills 17-10. 7-4

SUN 12/4 BUFFALO AT MIAMI 1:00p (ET)

Two in a row feels good, and we start to think JP isn't a bad pickup after all. 5-7

@MIA games always scare me, especially if they start playing the way Saban wants him to. However, Bills win, 24-17. 8-4.

SUN 12/11 NEW ENGLAND AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

Here is the game New England isn't supposed to lose, but they do lose to us. Our Superbowl. 6-7

We lose to NE again for the 2nd time. NE 28-17. 8-5

SAT 12/17 DENVER AT BUFFALO 8:30p (ET)

A jacked up Ralph to get to .500 doesn't matter. Denver is in the hunt for post-season play and edge a gritty effort by us. 6-8

Denver wants to win, but we want to get in the playoffs. Buffalo 27-24. 9-5

SAT 12/24 BUFFALO AT CINCINNATI 1:00p (ET)

Carson Palmer is leading the Bengals to a nice year. 6-9

I don't think we lose to Cincinnati at this time of the year, both teams fighting for ap layoff spot. Buffalo 24-21. 10-5

SUN 1/1 BUFFALO AT NEW YORK JETS 1:00p (ET)

With Pennington hurt late, like always, the Bills get some mo for 2006. 7-9

Welp, both the Jets and the Bills are fighting for a playoff spot, but the experience factor for JP comes into big play here. Jets win 28-17.

Bills finish 10-6 and barely miss the playoff tiebreaker to the Jets.

JP has done squat for this team and he is still mentally a rookie. Unless our O-line plays like Pitt's, I don't think we'll have the year that they did and anyone thinking 12-4 is just kidding themselves. Big Ben was the exception to the rule.

Oh and btw, the Stillers had a pretty "decent" defense too. At least we got that now!