An Update from Buckeyemike

I've been busy since I've been out of the hospital. At least I'm eating almost normally again. I've gained back 3 of the 15 lbs. I lost.

I went to my gastro doctor yesterday...he told me to stay off large amounts of nuts and popcorn. Coconut macaroons are OK. :unsure: I have to have some more tests done in order to confirm the diagnosis. I am on a tremendous amount of medication right now, including a derivative of prednisone (a steroid).

I also decided to cut out alcohol entirely...before my hospital stay, I wasn't drinking large amounts and it had actually been a few weeks since I'd had a beer. For those of you who don't know, I am a Canadian beer aficianado.

I don't have a medical restriction against alcohol, I just don't want to end up in the hospital for another two weeks. And you know what? I feel better.

Mike

cutting out alcohol is never a good idea :unsure:

I've been busy since I've been out of the hospital.  At least I'm eating almost normally again.  I've gained back 3 of the 15 lbs. I lost.

I went to my gastro doctor yesterday...he told me to stay off large amounts of nuts and popcorn.  Coconut macaroons are OK.  :angry:  I have to have some more tests done in order to confirm the diagnosis.  I am on a tremendous amount of medication right now, including a derivative of prednisone (a steroid).

I also decided to cut out alcohol entirely...before my hospital stay, I wasn't drinking large amounts and it had actually been a few weeks since I'd had a beer.  For those of you who don't know, I am a Canadian beer aficianado. 

I don't have a medical restriction against alcohol, I just don't want to end up in the hospital for another two weeks.  And you know what?  I feel better.

Mike

304253[/snapback]

No seeds like caraway, sesame, poppy etc, too. Glad to see you back. Still a Nugent advocate? :angry:

304267[/snapback]

Me or Darin?

BTW, apparently Darin thinks I'm a moron for liking Canadian beer. :unsure:

Mike

:unsure: Good to hear you are doing much better. Watch your diet and you will be fine. And, TRY THE MACAROONS! They work.

304278[/snapback]

I have eaten a whole tin of macaroons in the last three weeks.

And you're correct, they do work!

Mike

I've been busy since I've been out of the hospital.  At least I'm eating almost normally again.  I've gained back 3 of the 15 lbs. I lost.

I went to my gastro doctor yesterday...he told me to stay off large amounts of nuts and popcorn.  Coconut macaroons are OK.  :unsure:  I have to have some more tests done in order to confirm the diagnosis.  I am on a tremendous amount of medication right now, including a derivative of prednisone (a steroid).

I also decided to cut out alcohol entirely...before my hospital stay, I wasn't drinking large amounts and it had actually been a few weeks since I'd had a beer.  For those of you who don't know, I am a Canadian beer aficianado. 

I don't have a medical restriction against alcohol, I just don't want to end up in the hospital for another two weeks.  And you know what?  I feel better.

Mike

304253[/snapback]

Mike...glad to hear you are feeling better. Hopefully it won't be long before you are done with the meds and on the road to recovery.

Hang tough Mike. It is wonderful to hear that you are doing better.

God Bless.

BfNYC

304295[/snapback]

Same sentiments from the Beach :unsure:

I'm glad this got kicked up. I almost missed it. Great news, Mike. Just great.

304372[/snapback]

I appreciate all of the good wishes. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

An update of what I'm eating:

Tonight's menu was steak (leftover Angus strip from a barbecue at my in-laws last night...just tremendous, medium-well), scrambled eggs, and toast. My wife, the lovely and talented Kimberly, who put up with me throughout my hospital stay, is out tonight, so I am left to fend for myself. BTW, Kim's pic is in my profile with the World's Greatest Cat.

Hey, the steak is only about six ounces. I ate half last night and the other half tonight. I have no restrictions on red meat, but I'm not the world's biggest carnivore. A Wendy's double is even too much for me. :D

And that's probably all the red meat I'll have until next week.

BTW, on Friday I am going back into the hospital for a procedure to remove some cysts. This is totally unrelated to my abdominal matters and was scheduled even before I got sick on March 10.

Mike