I think over the top fandom is stupid

ghostwriter

I get it, we’re all Bills fans here. I love Buffalo and I love the Bills. We’re a team on the rise. Frankly it would not surprise me at all if we win the division next year and go on a Super Bowl run, but frankly, if you’re such a fan that you cannot objectively view the team and the players on the team and have a rational discussion, maybe you should kind of come back to Earth a little bit. Seems like every post here that isn’t rosy and peachy gets dragged through the mud. Can we stop the jock sniffing and have honest, decent, constructive discussions like adults? We have quite a few holes on this team, frankly I think our coaching staff is the reason why we’re 10-5. We have lots of system players. RE, LE, WR, RT, G, K, P, LB are all need areas. We’re not some ethereal juggernaut. We’re a young albeit talented team that is on the uppity up, but let’s get real and stop with the North Korean propaganda antics that are going on here. We’re missing a few pieces still. I love the Bills but the over the top fandom is ***** obnoxious.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Sunshower said:

I get it, we’re all Bills fans here. I love Buffalo and I love the Bills. We’re a team on the rise. Frankly it would not surprise me at all if we win the division next year and go on a Super Bowl run, but frankly, if you’re such a fan that you cannot objectively view the team and the players on the team and have a rational discussion, maybe you should kind of come back to Earth a little bit. Seems like every post here that isn’t rosy and peachy gets dragged through the mud. Can we stop the jock sniffing and have honest, decent, constructive discussions like adults? We have quite a few holes on this team, frankly I think our coaching staff is the reason why we’re 10-5. We have lots of system players. RE, LE, WR, RT, G, K, P, LB are all need areas. We’re not some ethereal juggernaut. We’re a young albeit talented team that is on the uppity up, but let’s get real and stop with the North Korean propaganda antics that are going on here. We’re missing a few pieces still. I love the Bills but the over the top fandom is ***** obnoxious.

And I think obsessive, ceaseless, crusading criticism is obnoxious.

So there's that.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Yeah... except that it's not... The things that get lambasted are the idiots who foam at the mouth and are fueled by emotion and go off on the game day threads, and then make threads in which they call for peoples heads, and declare that Allen is the reason we lost that game, and declare that Allen is a bust. Etc. Etc. Rational, well thought out conversations about where this team needs to grow are more than welcome. Senseless hating and trolling is not welcome because it's idiotic. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah... except that it's not... The things that get lambasted are the idiots who foam at the mouth and are fueled by emotion and go off on the game day threads, and then make threads in which they call for peoples heads, and declare that Allen is the reason we lost that game, and declare that Allen is a bust. Etc. Etc. Rational, well thought out conversations about where this team needs to grow are more than welcome. Senseless hating and trolling is not welcome because it's idiotic. 

It’s lamb basted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Meanwhile, I am 100% confident that your overzealous fandom (not that I am judging) is precisely why you can't evaluate the team correctly.  You get so wrapped up in narratives and how plays/players make you feel in their moments of failure that you end up thinking they need to be replaced/below NFL caliber. All the while you don't take the time or energy to look around the league to see what the standard/average even is. 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands
  • Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

I agreed with your post, but realize that knife has two edges.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Meanwhile, I am 100% confident that your overzealous fandom (not that I am judging) is precisely why you can't evaluate the team correctly.  You get so wrapped up in narratives and how plays/players make you feel in their moments of failure that you end up think they need to be replaced/below NFL caliber. All the while you don't take the time or energy to look around the league to see what the standard/average even is. 

Actually I predicted 11-5 before the season and so far I’m looking good. I also accurately guessed Saturday’s score only to be met with a meh emoji.

We’re a good team but all I want from the message board is objective discussions. We have such a smart fan base WAY above average, I just want us to stay grounded and let go of the dumb jock buffoonery and jock sniffing antics. I like the team building part of football the best and part of that includes less than favorable views of certain players. 

Whether fans like it or not, we DO have holes to fill. If not, we might as well skip the draft and free agency.

Your statement “We have quite a few holes on thisteam, frankly I think our coaching staff is the reason why we’re 10-5.“. Kind of sounds like Pittsburgh and New England who move on from star players but keep a very strong culture. We are likely pieces away and I would not be surprised if we failed to win the first playoff game .. and I would likewise not be surprised if we won it. I would be surprised if we went further but once u r in the playoffs crazier things have happened .. e.g. okay Giants team takes down undefeated Pats. This has been a good building year .. and most people are fine with well thought out critiques ... but the sky is falling stuff is difficult to deal with with no corroborating ... here is a logical way to improve ... is maddening

26 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

I've actually noticed far less unabashed homerism this year than in any years I can remember.

I think there's a lot of love for the team, but I've seen no one opine that there aren't improvements to be made.  I honestly can't recall anyone saying that.

If anything, the bigger problems are those "anti-Joshers," who were vocal in their displeasure with the Bills drafting Allen ... and wishing Allen sucks so they can be right, rather than admitting that the Bills - and Allen - are actually pretty damn good

• Like (+1) 5

27 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Pot meet kettle

People like to do different things and express themselves differently. There is no wrong way or right way to be a fan

You are correct, although to many of these “fans” if you offer a dissenting or dare I say a critical view, you are automatically branded a hater/fake fan/bandwaggoner and are kindly told to be a fan of another team ... and there’s the ones that would prefer a solution akin to a communist China chat group and have you banned for not genuflecting 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Actually I predicted 11-5 before the season and so far I’m looking good. I also accurately guessed Saturday’s score only to be met with a meh emoji.

We’re a good team but all I want from the message board is objective discussions. We have such a smart fan base WAY above average, I just want us to stay grounded and let go of the dumb jock buffoonery and jock sniffing antics. I like the team building part of football the best and part of that includes less than favorable views of certain players. 

Whether fans like it or not, we DO have holes to fill. If not, we might as well skip the draft and free agency.

That may all be true. My comment is more a response to the places you think we need upgrades.  I realllllly appreciate what you are saying here. But when you say things like we need an upgrade at punter, all I can think is that you don't really know what the punter market looks like and are more wrapped up in how a miffed punt made you feel. Or when you say we need a RT, I think its safe to say you are getting really carried away (Ford is a rookie...). 

18 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

You only control you and I see very little objective on this board.  Lots of subjective though :) 

It’s been a fun week on here and it’s only Monday. 
We have the most conservative coach in the game, he can’t lead us to the super bowl. 
The process is a joke. 
Tremaine sucks he had a bad game

Milano sucks and is slow he had a bad game

Lorax is old and slow 

Allen is never going to be a good quarterback 

Gore is old and washed up and can’t do anything but fall 2 yards behind the line

fire daboll 

duke is a game changer 

ford is a 2nd round zay bust 

revamp the defense they had a bad game

cut everyone on the D line but the phillips boys and Oliver and spend 70 million in free agency to replace them. 

And that’s just off the top of my head in the last 48 hours. Any bandwagon fan who may have popped on here interested in the bills would never believe were a playoff team reading some of this stuff. We definitely have an increased traffic of thread starters after losses who need attention cause they’re upset. I enjoy reading some of the takes and there’s some really cool people on here I don’t always see eye to eye with or agree with but I’ve been able to have fun debates (I tend to lose those too) but after a loss the real trolls come out and can’t listen to anything but negatives to the most extreme levels. I don’t care who doesn’t agree or getting some ? but I try to stay respectful and I feel like a lot of the guys on here do too. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1