I Like The Pro Bowl Snubs

Irv

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Stole it all from DiBellas...

Say what??

From Wikipedia:

Wegmans has incorporated DiBella's style sub shops into their stores, with consultation from the DiBella family, but they are not actual DiBella's restaurants. Top New York food critic Derek Ellis has suggested the Wegman's sub may have even surpassed the original DiBella's sub, though this claim was met with criticism from New York Times food critic Matthew Krush.[citation needed]

16 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

From Wikipedia:

Wegmans has incorporated DiBella's style sub shops into their stores, with consultation from the DiBella family, but they are not actual DiBella's restaurants. Top New York food critic Derek Ellis has suggested the Wegman's sub may have even surpassed the original DiBella's sub, though this claim was met with criticism from New York Times food critic Matthew Krush.[citation needed]

So yeah...not DiBellas. and not better than DiBellas.  They simply appropriated it all....except the taste.

I was there when they started selling their subs--actually were touting their "partnership" with Dibellas.  Then they took all that signage away over time. 

Who is "Top New York food critic Derek Ellis"?  He doesn't seem to exist.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

So yeah...not DiBellas. and not better than DiBellas.  They simply appropriated it all....except the taste.

I was there when they started selling their subs--actually were touting their "partnership" with Dibellas.  Then they took all that signage away over time. 

Who is "Top New York food critic Derek Ellis"?  He doesn't seem to exist.

No clue.  We had DiBella's the other day, and man, has it gotten expensive!  Large sub 12.95, bill for me and my wife was over $30.

BTW, back to the topic, I thought the John Brown snub was bad, but snubbing Jordan Phillips is just obscene.  I can't wait for Horrible Harry to get back, then we can release the Phillips brothers on the AFC East.  

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

No clue.  We had DiBella's the other day, and man, has it gotten expensive!  Large sub 12.95, bill for me and my wife was over $30.

BTW, back to the topic, I thought the John Brown snub was bad, but snubbing Jordan Phillips is just obscene.  I can't wait for Horrible Harry to get back, then we can release the Phillips brothers on the AFC East.  

It's the Pro Bowl.  Fans can decide.  Not enough Bills fans voted for him.

12 hours ago, Kiva said:

Playing angry does not translate to winning.

It translates to sloppy play and penalties. 

Negative motivation has never produced positive results. 

It produces spite and individuality. 

Let’s just win the Super Bowl. 

Well according to all the sports psychological "experts" i hear on TV, Brady has turned into the GOAT because he was snubbed in the draft and the Patriots thrive on the negativity of being hated.

Always thought the Brady narrative was utterly asinine, if he really is still holding a grudge nearly 20 years later he needs help, badly. Maybe he should chill and go make out with his son again.

2 hours ago, Bulldog said:

One of the most admirable things about this team, especially compared to some off the "soft" teams we consistently fielded pre-McBeane, is that they come to the field prepared to give a great effort each week (perhaps the Eagles game being a outlier - but that happens somewhere in a season to all teams). I believe that the snubs may provide some additional motivation for some individual players - however, I suspect that it will have minimal impact on the game itself. This group takes the "next game", "one game at a time" message seriously. A little "us against the world" drama does not make much of a difference - this is a disciplined & motivated group, for the most part they behave like professionals. They will be ready to give a maximum effort on Saturday - no matter what anyone on the outside has to say, whether it be positive or negative.       

Im not sure it makes a difference in the daily preparation, but the continual reinforcement of the “Buffalo vs the world” theme doesn’t hurt. They certainly seem to keep track of the slights, and they’ve pointed them out on multiple occasions. I think the players have also figured out that these snubs, slights, and digs get the fan base riled up, and that’s contributing to a unique environment.... Only team in NY. 

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Well according to all the sports psychological "experts" i hear on TV, Brady has turned into the GOAT because he was snubbed in the draft and the Patriots thrive on the negativity of being hated.

Always thought the Brady narrative was utterly asinine, if he really is still holding a grudge nearly 20 years later he needs help, badly. Maybe he should chill and go make out with his son again.

I’m not sure it’s the playing angry part that matters, so much as finding a reason to go run sprints at 6am on a 5 degree February day. 

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Stole it all from DiBellas...

Say what??

guys, wegmans paid 5 million dollars for the bread recipe. it's the same sub, and both are equally delicious. I'd slaughter a farm animal with my hands to get one or the other being here in florida. Pub subs are GARBAGE. 

1 minute ago, DeltaDigital said:

guys, wegmans paid 5 million dollars for the bread recipe. it's the same sub, and both are equally delicious. I'd slaughter a farm animal with my hands to get one or the other being here in florida. Pub subs are GARBAGE. 

If you lived here you would not agree.  It's not the same. 

Here's the difference: 

you get a sub at Wegmans because you are shopping at wegmans (and they are fine).  If there was a Subway at Wegmans, the same people would be picking up a sub at that wegmans.

you get a DiBellas sub because you want a sub.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If you lived here you would not agree.  It's not the same. 

Here's the difference: 

you get a sub at Wegmans because you are shopping at wegmans (and they are fine).  If there was a Subway at Wegmans, the same people would be picking up a sub at that wegmans.

you get a DiBellas sub because you want a sub.

from rochester, i've had both consistently for a long time. it's the same bread. any jerk-off can slap meat between bread. bread makes the sandwich IMO. same bread = same sandwich. 

8 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

from rochester, i've had both consistently for a long time. it's the same bread. any jerk-off can slap meat between bread. bread makes the sandwich IMO. same bread = same sandwich. 

LOL there you go.  Another satisfied customer.  Ham and American with mayo?

If you go on yelp, it seems one of the most common complaints shoppers have is about the sub shop.  Seems they are specifically saying those particular jerkoffs can't slap the meat properly.

Edited by Mr. WEO

On 12/19/2019 at 1:36 PM, Mr. WEO said:

LOL there you go.  Another satisfied customer.  Ham and American with mayo?

If you go on yelp, it seems one of the most common complaints shoppers have is about the sub shop.  Seems they are specifically saying those particular jerkoffs can't slap the meat properly.

if the service at wegmans sub shop is "poor" they'd commit suicide waiting for a Publix sub... garbage bread, and even worse service.