Buffalo Bills Backers Bar in Prague CZK

Like A Mofo

I will be in Prague for this Saturdays game at New England and I apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong place but wanted to ask:

1. I saw that there is a place in Prague to watch the Bills: Does anyone have any idea where that is if it still exists?

2. If not, I have cable and the NFL Network, can I use the NFL network app and login using my cable login and watch the game and stream it that way in the hotel?

Thanks in advance and Go Bills!

I was in Prague for Christmas 2 years ago when we made it.     Try a vpn service?    Don't know if this is your first time in Prague, but I loved it.  Beautiful city, especially at Christmas time.  Enjoy!!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dan said:

I was in Prague for Christmas 2 years ago when we made it.     Try a vpn service?    Don't know if this is your first time in Prague, but I loved it.  Beautiful city, especially at Christmas time.  Enjoy!!

First time for sure, the Mrs has been there before but have heard a lot of great things about Prague at Christmas.

VPN is something I can try too thanks!

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Gugny said:

@BringBackFergy - If I recall correctly, haven't you watched Bills games in Prague before?

I was just south of Prague when I met with my brother Fredo and buddy Tommy. That was the day I was made. They opened the books for me. I had the chance to watch the Bills game at a small restaurant with one of those old fashioned toilets...ya know, with a chain. It was perfect.

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I was just south of Prague when I met with my brother Fredo and buddy Tommy. That was the day I was made. They opened the books for me. I had the chance to watch the Bills game at a small restaurant with one of those old fashioned toilets...ya know, with a chain. It was perfect.

Ya got your chain pulled in the bathroom?

1 hour ago, Charlebois said:

Any luck on this? I’m in Prague for a few days and am also looking for somewhere to watch the Bills game Saturday night. Worst case will just watch Game Pass on my phone, but would much rather find a bar to watch in.

Im in the same boat, I fly into Prague that day around 6pm so by the time I get to where we are staying it looks like Wifi and Game Pass for me at this point haha

No idea what this place is like, but they are showing the Bills game. Apparently it is American owned. Game will be 10pm local time. If you google 'watch NFL games in Prague', you will come up with possible alternatives, a couple of which do look promising. You shouldn't have to worry about the time, as most places will be open very late on a Saturday night.

I would think also, that the bars that like to style themselves 'Sports Bars' are very likely to be showing the game, as there probably isn't much in the way of any other sport happening at that time.

Here's another link to a few different places https://www.pragueexperience.com/bars-pubs/sports-bars.asp

Of the ones listed in the 2nd link, I have been to Rocky O'Reilly's a few times. It's mostly a place to eat, but they always have some sport on. Gets busy, but you may be able to book a table and also find out if they are showing the game. Very likely to be noisy as well, so 'watching' will be what you will be doing, rather than listening to the commentary as well. My best guess would be that most places will be a similar situation, with lots of chatter and music, but if you find yourself a decent spot near the tv, you could get to hear the commentary some, just don't expect to. ;)

Fwiw, the beer prices will be relatively expensive, especially if you drink 'brand' names. Drink the local brews, and it will be cheaper, but I would say that all of those bars are a bit of a tourist trap, so you will pay a premium. In the grand scheme of things though, it's still cheap.

I was in Prague a couple of months ago, and found a nice little local bar where a large beer was 40cz . You won't pay that in the above places, but drink the local stuff, and it will be cheaper than anything imported. It's also decent. ;)

Edited by Buddo

3 minutes ago, Buddo said:

No idea what this place is like, but they are showing the Bills game. Apparently it is American owned. Game will be 10pm local time. If you google 'watch NFL games in Prague', you will come up with possible alternatives, a couple of which do look promising. You shouldn't have to worry about the time, as most places will be open very late on a Saturday night.

I would think also, that the bars that like to style themselves 'Sports Bars' are very likely to be showing the game, as there probably isn't much in the way of any other sport happening at that time.

Here's another link to a few different places https://www.pragueexperience.com/bars-pubs/sports-bars.asp

Of the ones listed in the 2nd link, I have been to Rocky O'Reilly's a few times. It's mostly a place to eat, but they always have some sport on. Gets busy, but you may be able to book a table and also find out if they are showing the game. Very likely to be noisy as well, so 'watching' will be what you will be doing, rather than listening to the commentary as well. My best guess would be that most places will be a similar situation, with lots of chatter and music, but if you find yourself a decent spot near the tv, you could get to hear the commentary some, just don't expect to. ;)

Fwiw, the beer prices will be relatively expensive, especially if you drink 'brand' names. Drink the local brews, and it will be cheaper, but I would say that all of those bars are a bit of a tourist trap, so you will pay a premium. In the grand scheme of things though, it's still cheap.

I was in Prague a couple of months ago, and found a nice little local bar where a large beer was 40cz . You won't pay that in the above places, but drink the local stuff, and it will be cheaper than anything imported. It's also decent. ;)

The original Budweiser 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Like A Mofo said:

Im in the same boat, I fly into Prague that day around 6pm so by the time I get to where we are staying it looks like Wifi and Game Pass for me at this point haha

You should have ample time to get somewhere, tbh. Customs, etc. are pretty quick, and the cab ride into the center of the city is only about 30-40 minutes tops. Walking around the center of Prague isn't too difficult, just make sure your phone has plenty of charge.