Urban Meyer sits next to Danny Boy at Redskins game

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Really? YoloSource?

Very Frank Reich-like hire

I live in the DC/MD metro area so I get a lot of information/speculation on the Skins. There is some talk that Alex Smith who is a Dan Snyder favorite is pushing for Eric Bienemy. There is also some speculation (not sure how credible?) that the reviled owner is considering Alex Smith as a GM or some sort of employee within the organization.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/new-report-shows-redskins-interested-eric-bieniemy-head-coach

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Really? YoloSource?

Very Frank Reich-like hire

I’ve heard that it’s his job if he wants it. And as of right now he wants it. 

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Some people will say anything to claim road trip mileage on their income tax...

?

Ha. He’s been consulting on other searches too. Just finished up with Colorado State. I wonder how much he gets paid. He knows tons of coaches so great resource.

48 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I live in the DC/MD metro area so I get a lot of information/speculation on the Skins. There is some talk that Alex Smith who is a Dan Snyder favorite is pushing for Eric Bienemy. There is also some speculation (not sure how credible?) that the reviled owner is considering Alex Smith as a GM or some sort of employee within the organization.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/new-report-shows-redskins-interested-eric-bieniemy-head-coach

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve heard that it’s his job if he wants it. And as of right now he wants it. 

Ha. He’s been consulting on other searches too. Just finished up with Colorado State. I wonder how much he gets paid. He knows tons of coaches so great resource.

Interesting. Thanks guys 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

This would be an amazing thing to happen... The drama that follows Meyer combined with the natural pile of shite that is the Redskins. sign me up.

...wonder if his return would be called "Urban Renewal"?.............just askin'................

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would think Meyer would make a good NFL head coach.

Meyer, like most great college coaches, is a recruiter. He's never been an Xs and Os guy and has mostly relied on having better players than pretty much everyone he faces. 

In the NFL where everyone operates under the same cap, I think he'd be a complete train wreck. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would think Meyer would make a good NFL head coach.

Meyer, like most great college coaches, is a recruiter. He's never been an Xs and Os guy and has mostly relied on having better players than pretty much everyone he faces. 

In the NFL where everyone operates under the same cap, I think he'd be a complete train wreck. 

Being a Gators fan, I love him for his time in Florida, and you are absolutely right. His stint in the NFL would be very Nick Saban, Chip Kelly esque. The only thing I will say is that if he could recruit NFL coaches well... then he might pose a problem because he is great at assembling a staff that makes him look like a genius.