Scout's INC + Mort Chat

Rico

Coach Tuesday :doh: (Kazakstan): Gary, what do you think of Tom Donahoe's recent comments that the Henry-Shelton swap is off the table? Is he just posturing, or do the Bills really have other suitors for Henry?

Gary Horton: (11:14 AM ET ) I think a part of it is posturing, but I also thing Donahoe is a shrewd football guy that is not going to give away a 1,000 yd back just b/c Henry wants out. There is no assurance that Willis McGahee could get through a 16 game season without some bumps and bruises, but having said that, I think Buffalo is more than willing to let Henry go for their price -- and LJ Shelton is probably not enough. This becomes a little bit of a stare-down situation btw Arizona and Buffalo, and it may not be decided until draft day. Arizona is hoping that Buff will back down and just take Shelton in a swap, which would allow them to draft a D-corner at No. 8 ... but the rumor is that Buffalo wants to also swap their pick with Ariz. in the second round, and that's something the Cards are unwilling to do right now. I think it will get resolved and the trade will happen, but it may not be until Saturday morning.

Sheldon (Harrisburg): Mort, who is the best fit for the Cards, Henry, Benson, or Arrington? With a decent schedule I think the cards could win the NFC West.

Chris Mortensen: (11:39 AM ET ) It is hard to go against Travis Henry when you realize he has some great seasons under his belt and smaller salary for 2005. I think Green is ready to take Benson or even Cadillac if he is there if he can't make the deal with Buffalo.

Mike (Greensboro): Were the Bills smart to get Losma last year for a 1st? Wheer would he be ranked against this years QBs?

Chris Mortensen: (11:46 AM ET ) Under those terms, I think Losman might have graded higher this year than Smith and Rodgers.