What Timeline Do You Think TD is on 4 the playoffs

When is TD trading/working to make the playoffs?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. When is TD trading/working to make the playoffs?

• Whenever- Long as Ralph rakes it in and we compete its fine
    • 2007- Slow & steady wins the race so lets set up for next CBA
    • 2006- We have a 1st year QB & Clements transition is key
    • 2005- We almost made the playoffs last year

Folks interest in this draft and the absence of a first makes emphasizing acquiring one of at least flipping 2nd rounders understandable, but the emphasis that some seem to put on this as a goal and hatching bizarre stategies for trading Clements to the Skins now for future benefits (a draft pick in 2006 or even a 1st rounder this year that must develop) seems strange moves to me.

TD is a GM and many of his moves like drafting Reed so he could move and ultimately tag Peerless, picking WM and allowing him to rehab for a year, picking Losman and allowing him to train for a yearwere certainly more far sighted than most.

However, worst to first is possible in this league like never before, we are coming off of barely missing the playoffs last year, our ST and D are among the NFL best right now and the future is now is a strong drive in the NFL which may not be the only way a GM thinks but certainly has to be at least a factor in how he operates.

TD is definitely not taking a George Allen/Dan Snyder approach of every move needs to mostly deliver results now. However, I have yet to see him invest in a future return unless he has some immediate way of realizing a return now.

1. He needed Henry to be comfortable letting WM sit.

2. He needed Reed to be comfotable dickering with Peerless as fodder to get a #1 rather than dicker with him to keep him.

3. He needed Bledsoe in place to be comfortable developing Losman.

I think the overwhelming keys to trading Clements are what will the Bills have at starting CB in 2005 (McGee and Vincent are unlikely to cut it as our starters in my book. The Bills seem to see Vincent as an eventual safety in all cases and actually as one sooner rather than later in reality. Clements has finally achieved the Pro Bowl level as a CB we wanted though just barely and McGee is a return guy as a Pro Bowl talent and well short of the Clements level as a CB) and what will the Bills get in exchange for him now for trading him.

I see nothing offered to the Bills in the proposed deals but future considerations and as TD has been happy to trade next years 1st rounder for benefit now the proposals people offer simply do not provide enough immediate upside to be credible suggestions.