Thursday nite Football: Jets at Poe-Birds, 8:20 pm Eastern on Fox

4 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

I just don't understand why they do not have teams that are coming off the bye weeks play the Thursday night games vs short weeks for the players.  Much better for player safety and would put better games on then.

Then they would play 3 days later. Unless they get another bye. If the nfl went to a longer season with 2 bye weeks, maybe.

Edited by Dopey

3 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

I just don't understand why they do not have teams that are coming off the bye weeks play the Thursday night games vs short weeks for the players.  Much better for player safety and would put better games on then.

I haven’t thought about the logistics there but it seems as though one should be able to schedule the Thurs games first, then put those teams on bye, then fill in the rest of the schedule?

Just now, jrober38 said:

True. Roman made Kaepernick look decent. Jackson is an entirely different animal. 

What's nuts is that the Ravens receivers are really poor. Will be crazy to see what they can do once they add some real pass catchers on the outside who command additional attention. 

I'd say the Ravens WIDEOUTS are below average, their tight ends are their top receivers statistically and do a very nice job of it

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

True. Roman made Kaepernick look decent. Jackson is an entirely different animal. 

What's nuts is that the Ravens receivers are really poor. Will be crazy to see what they can do once they add some real pass catchers on the outside who command additional attention. 

Makes you wonder if they even will bother investing in that position... Maybe a big slot like Michael Thomas, but Jackson just doesn't throw outside. Will be curious to see if that's due to the talent, or if they just don't use the talent that's there... 

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Last week I was shocked at how essentially every pass they attempted was withing 7-8 yards of the LOS.

It's all RPOs with him pulling the ball out and throwing to a wide open guy 5 yards downfield and them falling forward for a first down. 

Earlier this year they had the splash plays, but now their offense is just a machine. They just churn out yardage play after play and dominate the TOP. 

It’s a lot of late decision RPOs as well. Jackson contests the LoS and forces defenders to choose between him and a TE... There were a few plays where you could tell that if Hyde or Poyer and Edmunds had gone through that decision together they’d have snuffed a few more plays. This is going to get interesting in the playoffs when the Ravens play the Bills, Steelers, Patriots, etc again. Not to mention the NFC teams that could potentially have another shot; 49ers, Seahawks, Packers, etc. I’m curious how Roman adapts his schemes to teams that have seen it before and know what Jackson brings. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I'd say the Ravens WIDEOUTS are below average, their tight ends are their top receivers statistically and do a very nice job of it

Agreed.

I'm just saying, imagine if they had a top 15 receiver on the outside who commanded safety attention. 

It would create more space in the box and take their run game to the next level. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I don’t think the Ravens WR are below average.  They don’t get much Loooooove so they don’t have many yards but their catch % and YPC very good

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Makes you wonder if they even will bother investing in that position... Maybe a big slot like Michael Thomas, but Jackson just doesn't throw outside. Will be curious to see if that's due to the talent, or if they just don't use the talent that's there... 

The Poe-birds just invested a 1st in Marquise Brown

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Agreed.

Brown and Snead do next to nothing for me. Past that they have absolutely nothing. 

They're loaded at tight end, but I think they could use a major upgrade at WR. 

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Well, Smoke signed here. ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed.

Brown and Snead do next to nothing for me. Past that they have absolutely nothing. 

They're loaded at tight end, but I think they could use a major upgrade at WR. 

I would take Marquise Brown happily on the Bills.  You wouldn’t have to gift-wrap him for me.  You’re right that it’s Brown, Snead, and Who?

For example, that was just a very nice route and catch by Brown and he hung on through the big hit.

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed.

I'm just saying, imagine if they had a top 15 receiver on the outside who commanded safety attention. 

It would create more space in the box and take their run game to the next level. 

Yes and I think (no sour grapes just reality) they will have to add another dimension to what they're doing. It's not going to work forever just by default...NFL offensive schemes all have due dates.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t think the Ravens WR are below average.  They don’t get much Loooooove so they don’t have many yards but their catch % and YPC very good

I think a lot of their catch% and yards-per stats are a function of the run game and how it's easier to get open when you have a talent like Jackson as a liability to run on a given play...I like Brown but overall that unit is no better than ours imo.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would take Marquise Brown happily.  You wouldn’t have to gift-wrap him for me.

As would I, but he'd be our #3 guy.

In Baltimore he's the #1 WR. 

I expect the Bills to invest in the WR spot again this offseason, either with elite speed or elite size. 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Poe-birds just invested a 1st in Marquise Brown

Let’s be honest though. The Ravens don’t utilize the position effectively. This whole debate existed when Roman was calling plays with Watkins and Woods. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Lamar has been great this year, but the ballwashing by the media is insufferable. I’d love to get another crack at these guys. 

I agree.  I think that the Bills defense matches up really well.  I also don’t see Baltimore having as much success on defense the second the time around 

• Like (+1) 1

Lamar Jackson is a beast right now but why would any top WR ever want to go there?

They run a lot.  

They don’t go over the top.  

They rarely throw to the sideline.  

All your routes are hard hitting slot routes/crossers in the middle of the field. 

You have to compete with tight ends for targets.

You are asked to block alllll the time.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1