Thursday nite Football: Jets at Poe-Birds, 8:20 pm Eastern on Fox

16 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

This. 

The Ravens wouldn't have sent the house every play and played cover 0 if they thought we could pass vertically. 

They're playing Darnold in an entirely different way. 

Allen got injured and had no threat of his legs three rushes for allen shows you how much that changed the game plan.  And call me a homer but I thought allen looked pretty decent in the second half.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

My observations of the 1st half:

*  Our D really played good Sunday.  This Ravens O is scary and we definitely kept them on the wrong foot most of the game.  The Jets have a decent D and the Ravens are cutting right through them.

*  Gage had the Jets well prepared for what the Ravens D might throw at them. 

*  The Jets return game has been outstanding tonight.

*  Darnold, like Allen is a young QB on the upswing.  Like Allen, Darnold is also going to run hot & cold.  That last series you had the overthrow of an open WR and then a very bad INT.  It happens. 

*  And for as well as Jackson has played tonight, he's had at least 3 very bad passes.  Good QB's throw bad passes - who would have thunk?

Thursdays.

These games have got to go. 

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Jets Ravens tonight guy, Allen plays on Sunday. Then everyone can whine about how bad he is

Whatever. You don’t like it keep scrolling and mind your business. Use the block button or pm a mod. I said I was done talking it up earlier before one of the mods said drop it. Don’t quote me and post what you want mmmmkay 

Edited by Rc2catch

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Last week I was shocked at how essentially every pass they attempted was withing 7-8 yards of the LOS.

It's all RPOs with him pulling the ball out and throwing to a wide open guy 5 yards downfield and them falling forward for a first down. 

Earlier this year they had the splash plays, but now their offense is just a machine. They just churn out yardage play after play and dominate the TOP. 

Pretty sure it's read option not RPO, but I was referring specifically to Jackson's TDs...just for my own curiosity's sake

17 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You can’t honestly watch this game and not acknowledge how different the Ravens energy on defense is.   

Ravens Defense made Allen, Watson, Garropolo and Goff all look foolish but Darnold is they guy they can’t stop?

The Jets scored 7 points, easy fella. Should have kicked the FG/

And Darnold is a solid QB

2018 Draft

1) Jackson

2a) Allen

2b) Darnold

3) Mayfield

4) everyone else

I've seen a couple people post here that Allen was the least accurate starting QB in the NFL last year on passes over 30 yards. 

He hit a few late in the year to Foster, but prior to that it was the exact same then as it has been all this season. 

The offense was so God awful last year, it coulda been an oasis in the desert, but it felt like the deep ball was clicking more last year. I like Josh, but I’m not ready to anoint him. You’ve got to love his attitude and work ethic though. No question he has work to do, but every game is different. Hard to compare what Darnold is getting right now vs. the looks Josh got. Doesn’t seem like they are hardly blitzing at all, much less relentless cover 0s. Point is, I’d love another crack at these guys. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Pretty sure it's read option not RPO, but I was referring specifically to Jackson's TDs...just for my own curiosity's sake

The one on the goal line last week I think he pulled it out, ran right and then sort of pitched it to the tight end when the defender committed to him. 

Every play there seems to be an option of some sort, if not two. 

It's a really fun offense to watch. Crazy that this was our OC a few years ago that so many people said was a liability. 

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Would be very interested in seeing how many of his TDs are from inside the 5 yard line...had two of them against us and two again tonight

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackLa00/touchdowns/passing

This shows the distance of all of his TD passes. 

13 out of 34 are >10 yards. This doesn't speak to any catch and carries... Not sure if there is a source for that information. 

The one on the goal line last week I think he pulled it out, ran right and then sort of pitched it to the tight end when the defender committed to him. 

Every play there seems to be an option of some sort, if not two. 

It's a really fun offense to watch. Crazy that this was our OC a few years ago that so many people said was a liability. 

Greg Roman and Lamar Jackson is truly a match made for football.  there couldn’t be a better OC for LJax or a better QB for GRo

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As much as I enjoy watching, I do agree with you.  The timing of them relative to previous and following opponents is just too much of a monkey wrench/competitive advantage or disadvantage to teams

I hate Thursday night football.

3 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

The offense was so God awful last year, it coulda been an oasis in the desert, but it felt like the deep ball was clicking more last year. I like Josh, but I’m not ready to anoint him. You’ve got to love his attitude and work ethic though. No question he has work to do, but every game is different. Hard to compare what Darnold is getting right now vs. the looks Josh got. Doesn’t seem like they are hardly blitzing at all, much less relentless cover 0s. Point is, I’d love another crack at these guys. 

I think Daboll and Allen would also like to play these guys again. Hyde was saying the same postgame too

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ILBillsfan said:

I just don't understand why they do not have teams that are coming off the bye weeks play the Thursday night games vs short weeks for the players.  Much better for player safety and would put better games on then.

this is correct

bye week teams should have to play on Thursday.

evens everything out, and helps the next week

• Like (+1) 1

Lofting deep throws on a windy day is not a recipe for success.  A lower trajectory, power throw can be better placed but it makes for a tougher over the shoulder catch -- the Knox catch and Beasley drop.  The blitz happy Buddy Ryan Eagles came to then Rich stadium and the theme was short throws with big YAC.  Slants and shallow cross with rubs.  That's a windy day offense against pressure.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I want the Jets to win to screw their draft. I want the Ravens to win to get home field over the Cheaters. Ravens win the tie breaker there. 

Meh, they already missed the Chase Young sweepstakes. 

Ravens about to let them back in by sleeping through the second half. 

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

How much of spygate 2.0 is being downplayed because all of the NFL100 bs already has the cheater all over it...

Said this exact thing the other day and haven't seen an NFL100 commercial w/Belichick yet tonight...to be fair tho I don't pay attention during commercials

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Greg Roman and Lamar Jackson is truly a match made for football.  there couldn’t be a better OC for LJax or a better QB for GRo

True. Roman made Kaepernick look decent. Jackson is an entirely different animal. 

What's nuts is that the Ravens receivers are really poor. Will be crazy to see what they can do once they add some real pass catchers on the outside who command additional attention. 

• Like (+1) 1