Thursday nite Football: Jets at Poe-Birds, 8:20 pm Eastern on Fox

10 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

man, if the Jets have a chance to ruin our season Week 17 (just like we did to them back in Wk17 of 2016)... that’ll be their Super Bowl, World Series Game 7, Stanley Cup Finals Game 7, U.S. Open, Preakness, and Kentucky Derby all in one.

HST:beer:

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

This. 

The Ravens wouldn't have sent the house every play and played cover 0 if they thought we could pass vertically. 

They're playing Darnold in an entirely different way. 

I agree.  If Allen hits a deep pass in the first quarter there’s a good chance it’s a different outcome.  

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Allen should take about 75% of the blame for the game.  He couldn’t figure out where the blitz was and when he did, he failed to make the defense pay on long passes.  

He did better late in the game when his receivers let him down.  But he deserves a lot of the criticism for the offense sputtering.  

I'll go 60% and not a penny more. His blame is in the inability to hit those free shots (2 misses, one miscommunication) on the first 3 drives. The choppy play call, lack of adjustment, and refusal to run short routes isn't on him. As for the blitz pickup, that blame goes to him, the OL, and the OC. 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Cascade Commercial: "Many people ask me why their dish washer isn't getting everything clean..."

Me, while sitting next to my wife: "Cause she isn't working hard enough" 

Anyone got a comfortable couch? No pets, no smoking. 

South Jersey. Missus a smoker and 6 dogs, though. ?

Edited by Joe in Winslow

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Yeah it’s all on Allen. There’s a million excuses but it don’t matter. This offense is his. He owns it. When he’s on this offense looks good. His receivers are almost always open. He chooses to make the hard throws down the field instead of the easy ones that get you first downs. You can’t have rhythm if you won’t complete the easy passes. The offense will always sputter until he makes the easy ones. Yeah his guys drop some balls but so does every team. We just watched crowder drop the easiest pass in the world for a touchdown. It happens to every team. 
One could argue maybe his guys don’t drop those balls in the third quarter if Allen is in rhythm and getting them the ball the first two quarters. Either way, you can go add all the receivers you want and get all the best offensive linemen it won’t matter if Allen can’t read the field or make basic easy throws

I'd say it's on Allen and Daboll.  The play calling the first half of games this year has been atrocious and doesn't allow a young QB to get into rhythm.  That said, JA totally airmailed some passes and failed to execute some basic things in the Ravens game.