Thursday nite Football: Jets at Poe-Birds, 8:20 pm Eastern on Fox

Just now, DCbillsfan said:

Call me crazy, but I think the Ravens have peaked.  Some team is going to beat them in the playoffs.

Id actually expect us to beat them if we play again.  Our defense can handle them and our offense finally started to figure them out in the 4th quarter. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

So it's all on Allen huh?  How about receivers that catch the ball;  how about receivers that get open;  how about an O-line that can dominate;  I could go on but you get the picture.

Of course Allen needs to improve but so does the rest of the offense.  This is an offense in the middle of being rebuilt.  We have THREE rookies starting and a 2nd year QB who is considered a project.  Yet you want to call out the QB as the problem?  A fine example of ADS (Allen Derangement Syndrome).

Yeah it’s all on Allen. There’s a million excuses but it don’t matter. This offense is his. He owns it. When he’s on this offense looks good. His receivers are almost always open. He chooses to make the hard throws down the field instead of the easy ones that get you first downs. You can’t have rhythm if you won’t complete the easy passes. The offense will always sputter until he makes the easy ones. Yeah his guys drop some balls but so does every team. We just watched crowder drop the easiest pass in the world for a touchdown. It happens to every team. 
One could argue maybe his guys don’t drop those balls in the third quarter if Allen is in rhythm and getting them the ball the first two quarters. Either way, you can go add all the receivers you want and get all the best offensive linemen it won’t matter if Allen can’t read the field or make basic easy throws

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Yeah it’s all on Allen. There’s a million excuses but it don’t matter. This offense is his. He owns it. When he’s on this offense looks good. His receivers are almost always open. He chooses to make the hard throws down the field instead of the easy ones that get you first downs. You can’t have rhythm if you won’t complete the easy passes. The offense will always sputter until he makes the easy ones. Yeah his guys drop some balls but so does every team. We just watched crowder drop the easiest pass in the world for a touchdown. It happens to every team. 
One could argue maybe his guys don’t drop those balls in the third quarter if Allen is in rhythm and getting them the ball the first two quarters. Either way, you can go add all the receivers you want and get all the best offensive linemen it won’t matter if Allen can’t read the field or make basic easy throws

I'm inclined to think that the OL not allowing untouched rushers all game helps. But hey, you do you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

man, if the Jets have a chance to ruin our season Week 17 (just like we did to them back in Wk17 of 2016)... that’ll be their Super Bowl, World Series Game 7, Stanley Cup Finals Game 7, U.S. Open, Preakness, and Kentucky Derby all in one.

Throw in Jay Haas’ son? Didn’t he have like an 11 foot put to win the last PGA tournament and win the FedEx Cup. One mil for the tourney, another $10 mil for the year. That’s an 11’ putt for $11 mil.....and he drained it! The only thing I would have drained would have been my bladder standing there on the green!!! 

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming. 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

This is a bad take. 

There is a distinct difference in game planning that we have seen throughout the season which has had 100% impact on the productivity of our offense. Allen takes a good chunk of the blame, but not all of it. 

I’m telling you, they are trying to play coverage. More of a finesse game on D. They are sore. We beat the hell out of each other last week. They knew they had to show up for that game. If we had won, and beat the Cheats, #1 seed was on the line. It still is for them, but they don’t need max effort to beat the Jets. 

• Thank you (+1) 1