12/11/19: Senate Judiciary Hearing w Michael Horowitz

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

How come there aren’t people on the other side in here commenting now?

Or at least giving their 180 degree spin on the exact same thing you and they are watching.

they haven’t received their NPC data download from Nora O’Donnell yet. 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GG said:

I didn't spend the last three years making fun of people who were feeding tidbits of this story, and when the report basically proved the innuendo correct, I do not cower by throwing in unrelated tangents to derail a thread that's devoted to a very serious expose.

A simple, oops, Greggy may have been right on this topic contrition would go far.

That's not his style. He's a classic contrarian who likes to lob grenades at people he disagrees with, though the grenades are usually benign and filled with baby powder.  He's become a bore, and oddly I don't remember him always being that way.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Lindsey just said it is  just the beginning of this committee looking into this, and "much more to follow."

Methinks things will eventually get uncomfortable for some people. 

...huh?...can't be...Comey claimed he was "vindicated".............

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

lol... Blumenthal trying to take credit for leading FISC reform.

lmao!

Blumenthal: renewals were producing useful information.

Horowitz: i don't know if i would term it that way

Blumenthal: well, the warrants were producing information, right?

this ***** should be voted out of office. does anyone know if he is up for re-election in '20?

trying to imply that a fraudulently obtained warrant was justified.

https://twitter.com/NathanBrandWA/status/1204860154673614853

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

A number of times it was asked, and Horowitz responded, that no one was vindicated. I posted the exchanges in this thread.

...yup....saw them and I know..:thumbsup:...but Jimbo thinks otherwise......J Edgar is pissed and rolling over thinking the is a new "#1 Dr Dirty FBI Head".......

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yup....saw them and I know..:thumbsup:...but Jimbo thinks otherwise......J Edgar is pissed and rolling over thinking the is a new "#1 Dr Dirty FBI Head".......

I think Comey lives in a land where he's actually Stuart Smalley. Either that, or he is just plain delusional.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

:lol:

https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1204810489571753984

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

i keep hearing that Horowitz found no texts or emails like Strok's and Page's in the higher echelons of the FBI decision makers. i'm thinking someone should ask him if they found any evidence (or absence thereof) of missing texts and emails.

so... he was not allowed to view all emails? hmmm......

https://twitter.com/MikayesFiona/status/1204802800649154570

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

so... he was not allowed to view all emails? hmmm......

He couldn't view emails from Brennan, as an example. And, any email Brennan sent to McCabe about the fusion team doing the CI investigation. Or, say, any email between Halper/Mifsud and Brennan/Clapper. 

And, he was entirely dependent upon the emails being turned over willingly by the interview subjects, or still being on the gov't devices left behind by former employees. 

... The same is not true of Durham or Barr.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He couldn't view emails from Brennan, as an example. And, any email Brennan sent to McCabe about the fusion team doing the CI investigation. Or, say, any email between Halper/Mifsud and Brennan/Clapper. 

And, he was entirely dependent upon the emails being turned over willingly by the interview subjects, or still being on the gov't devices left behind by former employees. 

He should also have had access to anything archived on an FBI server.

Knowing something about the FBI's IT practices, there's no guarantee those archives were maintained.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DC Tom said:

Knowing something about the FBI's IT practices, there's no guarantee those archives were maintained.

100% he'd have access to those. 

And I trust you to know more about the second part than I would, but that tracks with what I'd expect. 

24 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

yeah, thanks. i understand that. my impression of the tweet, and ultimately his testimony though is that it involved people at the FBI. remember, he was speaking from the scope of his purview. it may have been that he was not allowed to view former employees texts and emails. which even if that is the case, that is somewhat alarming still because those should be property of the FBI regardless of whether or not they are still employed.

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

i'm taking his testimony that he didn't.

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

https://twitter.com/prayingmedic/status/1204886835828121600

giphy.gif

i'm thinking that the longer he was harangued by the Dems on the committee, the more willing he became to venture items that he might ordinarily not. as a result, i suspect that the left wing spin machine is going to begin treating him as a hostile enemy combatant. if he has to appear before congress again, they will be out for blood.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

True but I also think it's a safe bet that Brennan and others have lots of off the grid communication especially if they're involved in a conspiracy.  That will make this harder.

IMO it's going to take a well founded indictment for a very serious crime for an individual or two before any will turn on the rest.  The stupidity or I don't recall or I didn't know defense has been effective so far.  This will be hard with so many people involved each having their own little piece of the resistance puzzle. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

True but I also think it's a safe bet that Brennan and others have lots of off the grid communication especially if they're involved in a conspiracy.  That will make this harder.

IMO it's going to take a well founded indictment for a very serious crime for an individual or two before any will turn on the rest.  The stupidity or I don't recall or I didn't know defense has been effective so far.  This will be hard with so many people involved each having their own little piece of the resistance puzzle. 

Agree entirely. 

That's why Flynn's spook team was placed just before he resigned as NSC. Guys with expertise in sniffing out that kind of SIGINT in battle zones. 

Guys like him: 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/07/ezra-cohen-watnick/534615/