Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I don't think this is true anymore for most people...

In the few years right after "spygate 1"...I heard a LOT of people say without cheating...the pats might not/would not have a lot (if any) of those titles...Brady wouldn't have the superbowl titles and would likely have worse stats than he does, therefore he would not be a HOF QB (let alone years later be in the conversation for greatest of all time).

Yet in the last couple of years...more and more people (even outside of Boston), more and more of the national and ESPN talking heads...just openly say "you have to admit Brady is the greatest of all time"  So I think AS time has gone by....cheating or not....or continued cheating across Brady's entire career ......"Spygate" has gotten smaller in people's minds.

Sure even on this board where fans are supposed to be smarter we have posters who praise him after every game and downplay his cheating.

Sometimes it appears to be more of a P*ts board than a Bills board.

• Like (+1) 1

Only thing Belichick, Kraft and Co. care about is winning. They realize that winning Super Bowls far outweighs any punishment they will be hit with. It makes perfect sense from a risk/reward calculation. It might not be moral or ethical, but as long they keep winning that’s all that matters. They run their organization as if it is an intelligence agency. 

The only way this will stop is if there are serious consequences. You’d think the rest of owners would do something by now and stand up to them by now, but I guess they don’t care if the money is good. 

9 hours ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Only thing Belichick, Kraft and Co. care about is winning. They realize that winning Super Bowls far outweighs any punishment they will be hit with. It makes perfect sense from a risk/reward calculation. It might not be moral or ethical, but as long they keep winning that’s all that matters. They run their organization as if it is an intelligence agency. 

The only way this will stop is if there are serious consequences. You’d think the rest of owners would do something by now and stand up to them by now, but I guess they don’t care if the money is good. 

Exactly. The narrative of many around this latest round of being caught cheating seems to be how would they be dumb enough to risk doing this again out in the open? The question should be why WOULDN'T they continue doing this when the "punishment"  they've received vs. the reward of Super Bowls* makes the decision to not continue cheating incredibly dumb on their part.

Either throw the book at them or just allow them to keep cheating. 

Edited by BillsFanNC

On 12/16/2019 at 10:27 AM, Jerry Jabber said:

I agree with what Shannon Sharpe said about Belichek last week and that the NFL needs to ban Belichek for life. This guy cannot stop cheating and using dirty tactics.

Pete Rose gets a lifetime ban but loser Belicheat gets to continue.  I used to have a small amount of admiration for Bill but now I find him to be a pathetic loser. His entire career is tarnished. And all there will be to his legacy is a giant asterisk. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/16/2019 at 1:42 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

They will gladly take the fine and hopefully loss of a 1st rd pick. I think it’s a calculated risk where the intel they gain is well worth the penalty they will receive. This BS needs to stop and Belicheat and Kraft need to be suspended permanently. 

They got that penalty last time.  Obviously it wasn’t hash enough to deter them.  The penalty needs to be significantly harsher. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Exactly. The narrative of many around this latest round of being caught cheating seems to be how would they be dumb enough to risk doing this again out in the open? The question should be why WOULDN'T they continue doing this when the "punishment"  they've received vs. the reward of Super Bowls* makes the decision to not continue cheating incredibly dumb on their part.

Either throw the book at them or just allow them to keep cheating. 

J Rome had a good analogy the other day which essentially was - someone robs banks and they get caught multiple times, and get a slap on the wrist each time and are out and do it again - you don't think "Oh my goodness they should be smart enough not to do that again" - you think - "Well, they're a bank robber and that's what bank robbers do"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 7:44 PM, ToGoGo said:

Deleted Frontline documentary from 1983. Savitch the reporter was found dead in a ditch months later. Documentary not aired until leaked many years later. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Savitch

Besides, MR WEO, this post isn't for you. It's for the open-minded ones who can't figure out what's going on and how these cheaters keep skating by and all the other owners stand by quiet. 

The answer has been out in the open for 35 years. If you want to hear it. You think it's all cleaned up now? 

OMG I just watched this. I should not have done this right before Wildcard Weekend, I might have ruined football for myself forever...

People should watch this, the fact that this documentary has a bodycount and the release was delayed gives it credibility 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Can anyone dig up former Pats coordinators/asst coaches record vs the Patriots and how it stacks up against the rest of the league? 

Pretty sure I read earlier today it was 12-12....if true the pats are a LOT worse against staffs that know how they work.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If the NFL wants to see ratings sky rocket have Belicheat, Kraft and Brady take a lie detector test on live TV. This will never happen because they are guilty as ***** but god would it be entertaining. 

I am sure Belicheat could fool a lie detector test.  All it takes to beat one is believing your own bs.

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

Then I would SLAY a lie detector test!

I needed to take a CI lie detector test for my job.  My issue was not passing but establishing the baseline for it.  I could not learn to lie on cue for baseline which you could call foreshadowing for me being let go 7 years later for their belief I could not adequately tell my cover story correctly.  The cover story had more holes in it than the P*ts cheating excuses so I choose not to say anything about where I worked rather than it.   The cover story to me was a way for federal government reduce paying fee they normally do to local jurisdictions for not being able to be taxed.