MY girl sent me Omaha Steaks!

really? broil em eh? I was gonna go for the grill cause we're probably gonna have a nice day on friday and nothing better than being outside with your people drinking brews and grillin out.

but i mean, if its as good as you say, i'm very tempted now. by the way, I am talking about charcoal grilling, don't mess with gas...

303642[/snapback]

no, gas sucks.

But by all means, if you're gonna have a nice day friday, go for the outdoor grilling. But advice to a guy who just got himself a ton of steaks, or someone who is gonna eat a steak for dinner, and isn't looking to drink brews and catch some sun, I'd would definitely say go with broiler.

Oh, and remember, food continues to cook after you take it out from under the broiler. 3 minutes on each side is the MAX. let it sit without cutting it for 5 minutes. Man, I may have to stop at the butcher on the way home! :doh:

The best and only way to cook your steak is by firing up your grill and getting it as hot as you can; up in the 500-degree area. You can get a grill thermometer for two bucks at Home Depot to ensure your heat is where it needs to be. Prep the steaks by rubbing some olive oil on them about two hours before you put them on the grill and leave them out so they get to room temperature. Maybe press some course ground pepper on them.

Open the grill and quickly put your steaks on the grate, COVER the grill and sear the bejeezus out of them for about sixty to ninety seconds. Open the grill, flip them over, and sear the other side for one minute. Only use tongs...never a fork...to flip them, as piercing the steaks makes the juices run. After both sides are seared, you can then open the grill and let them cook a bit more slowly to your preferred temperature.

I am the grillmaster...at your service.

I know, I know, it sounds ridiculous. Have you tried it under the broiler?

When you cook on a grill, you're cooking over slats, and all that does is let all the juice drip off the steak. That, and most people end up over cooking.

Also, I think when get Omaha steaks, that is how they recommend cooking them.

303640[/snapback]

My wife and I received a Christmas gift of Omaha steaks (and we just re-ordered a batch ourselves). We grilled them (Sirloins and filets) and they were absolutely delicious. Excellent tasting but a bit too expensive for any regular orders though. The newly ordered batch is for special occasions.

Great steaks though.

....uphill, both ways in snow. :angry:  Nah I'm just playing. Yeah this will a huge change to my normal diet of frozen lasagna and the occaisonal pizza. I don't know if my body body can handle the shock...

303648[/snapback]

So Bart, are you one of the guys with the grills near the dorms on football Saturdays that I buy the brats from? I love that! I wish they let you sell beer too! :unsure: