Todd Collins Sighting

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/apphoto/pho...2039&sportId=28

Todd Collins and Freddie Mitchell at a class at Harvard? I can only imagine the look on some of the Professor's faces when they realized they had to teach these two maroons.

I thought you need an IQ higher than the number of limbs you had to be even allowed to access any building at Harvard.

Can someone please explain the Todd Collins hate to me?  They dude goes to a business forum at Harvard and that's somehow funny. 

WTF did the guy ever do to get called out as much as he does here.

303378[/snapback]

It's the new TSW -- kinder and gentler to our own, but harsher towards ex-Bills. Ridiculous if you ask me; who here knows how smart Todd Collins may or may not be? Nobody.

CW

This is part of a series organized by Troy Vincent with NFLPA and the business schools at Harvard and Penn. The program is designed to help NFL players deal with business issues and help prepare them for life after football.

Why the hate? This is a good thing.

This is part of a series organized by Troy Vincent with NFLPA and the business schools at Harvard and Penn.  The program is designed to help NFL players deal with business issues and help prepare them for life after football.

Why the hate?  This is a good thing.

303397[/snapback]

TKO there as well

Can someone please explain the Todd Collins hate to me?  They dude goes to a business forum at Harvard and that's somehow funny. 

WTF did the guy ever do to get called out as much as he does here.

303378[/snapback]

There are a lot of Billy Joe Hobert fanactics on this board who are still bitter about how he was let go mid-season. Often, they will take out their frustration on Todd Collins, an innocent bystander, for what happened.

My hate towards Collins stems from a few times i met him in person and several conversations i had with his friends and former Bills Justin Armour and Tony Cline. Collins just wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed and found it humorous that he would be at Harvard taking the class that TV set up. I deeply respect all athletes trying to improve themselves as people off of the field. Just the high respect i have for an institution in the Ivy League, and the lack of respect i have for TC's brain size is humorous to me. By all means i didn't mean to poke fun at his effort for being there. Just merely his (and Mitchell's) brain capacity. To me it is funny.

My hate towards Collins stems from a few times i met him in person and several conversations i had with his friends and former Bills Justin Armour and Tony Cline.  Collins just wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed and found it humorous that he would be at Harvard taking the class that TV set up.  I deeply respect all athletes trying to improve themselves as people off of the field.  Just the high respect i have for an institution in the Ivy League, and the lack of respect i have for TC's brain size is humorous to me.  By all means i didn't mean to poke fun at his effort for being there.  Just merely his (and Mitchell's) brain capacity.  To me it is funny.

303485[/snapback]

Yeah, like Kelly was a rocket scientist...

Harvard = no grades lower than a "B".  Can't upset those deep-pocket donors with dolt kids, ya know... :unsure:

http://gradeinflation.com/

303998[/snapback]

The hard part is getting in, the easy part is being there. The problem is that everyone assumes grade inflation so that even if you come from a school where it is less rampant, most people lump you in with the rest that did have it.

The hard part is getting in, the easy part is being there. The problem is that everyone assumes grade inflation so that even if you come from a school where it is less rampant, most people lump you in with the rest that did have it.

304099[/snapback]

True. There are several categories of people who get "bonus points" for getting in:

- Children of alumni, faculty, and staff

- Certain categories of minorities (blacks and Hispanics)

- Star athletes

- Large donors and their children, grandchildren, and other relatives

It also helps if you went to a prestigious private school. I've read that if you're from a public school, and if you're not part of one of the above groups, it almost doesn't matter how good your grades are or SAT score is. You're not getting in.

A friend of mine from a public school (Bennett High) went to Columbia. However, your point is relevant. It is very competive to get into the top schools and very frustrating for those who seem to have the grades and the SAT/ACT scores to be rejected for some of the reasons that you mentioned. Community service seems to also carry some weight. But does that community service also apply to those who have plea bargained? I am glad that I am past all that stress.

True. There are several categories of people who get "bonus points" for getting in:

- Children of alumni, faculty, and staff

- Certain categories of minorities (blacks and Hispanics)

- Star athletes

- Large donors and their children, grandchildren, and other relatives

It also helps if you went to a prestigious private school. I've read that if you're from a public school, and if you're not part of one of the above groups, it almost doesn't matter how good your grades are or SAT score is. You're not getting in.

304493[/snapback]

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/apphoto/pho...2039&sportId=28

Todd Collins and Freddie Mitchell at a class at Harvard?  I can only imagine the look on some of the Professor's faces when they realized they had to teach these two maroons. 

I thought you need an IQ higher than the number of limbs you had to be even allowed to access any building at Harvard.

303305[/snapback]

I heard he's opening a QB school.