OIG FISA Report Discussion and the real reason for the FBI Mar-a-Lago raid

10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He was. Completely. 

Volume I was decisive. Vol 2 was Weisman fan fiction which was summarily dismissed as nonsense by the DOJ. 

If ever there was fitting things to a narrative, there it is. "That which I believe was perfect. That which I don't is nonsense."

Lahjik

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Oh I watched it.

I also stated the conclusions in my 1st post today that the FBI bungled a number of things.

Yet, the IG's conclusion is that the investigation into the Trump campaign was warranted and that, even without those blunders, he can't say that the FISA warrant and the rest of the investigation wouldn't have gone on EXACTLY as it did.

I mean isn't the big argument over here that there was some crazy political bias against Trump that started this?

That didn't happen, as per the OIG's own findings, so of course now Barr had to put out a counter statement while also continuing to fund an investigation OVERLAPPING the non-partisan OIG investigation that covered a couple years and had over 700 witnesses interviewed...

just being objective here...

and for full disclosure, i haven't found the time to read the report quite yet but just taking a synopsis of all items out and about. 

you are correct, the report says that there is no bias, just mistakes. all told, there were what, 17 of them that were large enough to warrant mention in the report. just my experience but mistakes tend to fall unpredictably and will point in all different directions. that all of these mistakes point only in one direction, call me a conspiracy theorist or paranoid but... they seem to point in the direction of having a bias.

let us not forget that Horowitz is a life long Democrat. to think that had no bearing on the make up or conclusions of the report is juvenile in this setting. 

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

His name popped up on FOX News as a talking point God knows how long ago--because I like to see both perspectives before forming an opinion.

step outside of the main stream bull####. it is all a controlled dog and pony show, you are not going to find much truth there. Fox is but the other side of the controlled narrative.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Foxx said:

and for full disclosure, i haven't found the time to read the report quite yet but just taking a synopsis of all items out and about. 

you are correct, the report says that there is no bias, just mistakes. all told, there were what, 17 of them that were large enough to warrant mention in the report. just my experience but mistakes tend to fall unpredictably and will point in all different directions. that all of these mistakes point only in one direction, call me a conspiracy theorist or paranoid but... they seem to point in the direction of having a bias.

let us not forget that Horowitz is a life long Democrat. to think that had no bearing on the make up or conclusions of the report is juvenile in this setting. 

step outside of the main stream bull####. it is all a controlled dog and pony show, you are not going to find much truth there. Fox is but the other side of the controlled narrative.

But the report confirms the Russia investigation was justified. For obvious reasons 

FBI Director Christopher A. Wray claimed vindication, saying it was “important that the inspector general found that in this particular instance the investigation was opened with appropriate predication and authorization.” While promising to take seriously the criticism raised in the inspector general report, he denounced the “deep state” nonsense perpetrated by President Trump and his right-wing allies. “I think that’s the kind of label that’s a disservice to the men and women who work at the FBI who I think tackle their jobs with professionalism, with rigor, with objectivity, with courage,” Wray said. “So that’s not a term I would ever use to describe our work force and I think it’s an affront to them.”

No one knows exactly how "well informed" you are,  @transplantbillsfan  because you are not down here often enough to engage in a meaningful way.  Reading source documents - not just the headlines or the first three paragraphs of a "msm" piece is how you (generic you) stay informed.  Your point that most people do not have the time to do a deep-dive is well taken - and why the "msm" gets away with headlines and three-paragraph propaganda written before any facts found after that (in many released 'news' articles).    

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

Trump Was Right From the Beginning

by George Neumayr

Original Article

The biggest bombshell on Monday burst not in Washington, D.C., but in Connecticut, where John Durham, its U.S. attorney, rebutted Michael Horowitz’s finding that the FBI had adequate grounds to begin an investigation of the Trump campaign. No, it didn’t, said Durham:

(Snip)

Translation: Durham has collected much more information than Horowitz, and it points toward the conclusion that the investigation was bogus from the start. Naturally, the media is portraying Horowitz’s timid conclusion as a refutation of Trump while ignoring the import of Durham’s objection. Reporters have also scoffed at Attorney General Bill Barr’s comments buttressing Durham’s position. How outrageous, they harrumphed, that Barr would “undercut” a subordinate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

DOJ Watchdog Puts Final Nail In Steele Dossier’s Coffin

by Chuck Ross

Original Article

A Justice Department watchdog’s report released Monday definitively debunked one of the Steele dossier’s most pervasive allegations of collusion, while severely undermining other hair-raising claims about Donald Trump and former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.The report is unsparing of both Christopher Steele, the dossier author, and the FBI’s handling of the salacious document.It paints a picture of Steele, a former British spy, as an eager gun-for-hire encumbered with a poor sense of judgment. The FBI, while absolved of a top-down, politically-motivated conspiracy to take down Trump, failed to verify any of Steele’s allegations

• Like (+1) 1

... The Inspector General’s report now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken. ...  - William Barr

further...

It is also clear that, from its inception, the evidence produced by the investigation was consistently exculpatory.  Nevertheless, the investigation and surveillance was pushed forward for the duration of the campaign and deep into President Trump’s administration.  In the rush to obtain and maintain FISA surveillance of Trump campaign associates, FBI officials misled the FISA court, omitted critical exculpatory facts from their filings, and suppressed or ignored information negating the reliability of their principal source.  ... - William Barr

• Like (+1) 5

IG Report: Here Are The 17 Specific ‘Inaccuracies And Omissions’ In The FBI’s FISA Warrants Against Carter Page. And its reputation has been damaged the most among those who were previously its supporters.

WALL STREET JOURNAL EDITORIAL: A Trail Of FBI Abuse: The Horowitz report confirms that the bureau deceived FISA judges with the Steele dossier.

The press corps is portraying Monday’s report by Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz as absolution for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, but don’t believe it. The report relates a trail of terrible judgment and violations of process that should shock Americans who thought better of their premier law-enforcement agency.

The IG Report Is a Huge Blow to the FBI’s Credibility. Why Is It Being Treated Like Vindication? “The IG report is a chronicle of massive government wrongdoing.”

Related: Horowitz report is damning for the FBI and unsettling for the rest of us.

UPDATE:

Screen-Shot-2019-12-10-at-8.05.36-AM-569

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

No one knows exactly how "well informed" you are,  @transplantbillsfan  because you are not down here often enough to engage in a meaningful way.  Reading source documents - not just the headlines or the first three paragraphs of a "msm" piece is how you (generic you) stay informed.  Your point that most people do not have the time to do a deep-dive is well taken - and why the "msm" gets away with headlines and three-paragraph propaganda written before any facts found after that (in many released 'news' articles).    

The mere fact that Transplant wants everything explained to him in a short and simple way lends truth to the fact that he's a Reader's Digest kind of guy. He writes here that he knows a lot about Mifsud but refuses to expound upon that while asking DR to educate him. If he really knows a lot about Mifsud why does he need a summary from DR and why does he denigrate the threads here without having read them? If one is a "summary" kind of person then they are not a "thinking" kind of person and rely purely on what they are told. It has been obvious since he started posting in PPP that @transplantbillsfan is a lefty and has fallen for what the MSM tells him because it's what he wants to believe, not what he has come to believe. 

• Like (+1) 2

"This is akin to reviewing the Titanic and saying that the captain was not unreasonable in starting the voyage. The question is..."

"... what occurred when icebergs began appearing. Horowitz says that investigative icebergs appeared very early on, and the Justice Department not only failed to report that to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court but also removed evidence that its investigation was on a collision course.... Like the crew of the Titanic, the FBI knew investigative icebergs floated around its Russia investigation, but not only did it not reduce speed, it actively suppressed the countervailing reports. Despite the many conflicts to its FISA application and renewals, the FBI leadership, including McCabe, plowed ahead into the darkness."

From "Horowitz report is damning for the FBI and unsettling for the rest of us" by Jonathan Turley (The Hill)(with lots of good detail to support his analogy).

What did the President know and when did he know it? IG Report Reveals Comey Did Brief Obama on Trump Campaign Investigation.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

You said it, not me. :flirt:

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What in the world is msm??? :huh:

I read more news out there than the average Joe. Certainly more than 3 paragraph headlines. And I cross reference and triangulate between works.

But I'm not reading 1100 pages of dryly written source material largely written in legal and political lingo.

You guys are just better than me if that's what you enjoy doing. :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What in the world is msm??? :huh:

I read more news out there than the average Joe. Certainly more than 3 paragraph headlines. And I cross reference and triangulate between works.

But I'm not reading 1100 pages of dryly written source material largely written in legal and political lingo.

You guys are just better than me if that's what you enjoy doing. :thumbsup:

And yet you can't give two sentences about who Joseph Mifsud is or why he matters... because you're so informed. 

Right. :lol: 

You're terrible at this. 

• Like (+1) 1

Because they were racing to cover up what Rogers uncovered in March of 2016. There was no "Russia" story until after Rogers discovered the political spying ongoing inside the DOJ/FBI. 

That timeline has not changed in three years of evidence being slowly dripped out. It's only strengthened. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2