The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You don't believe in journalism at all? There is no honest news anywhere? 

Just asking 

Honest journalism, dead in this country.

27 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

In fairness though, I think he comes by it honestly. We all suffer from cognitive bias.

I don't put him in the same camp with the drive by dipshits like Gary, Tibs, & Pop gun.

FTFY

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

How do you reconcile these 2 views?

To the comment bolded above, yes, I've seen the timeline.  But based on what you've now posted, am 99% certain that you don't.  And if you don't know the sequence of events nor even the actions of the various parties involved, how can you possibly "know the truth" or even make a straight faced claim that you care about the truth?

You come across as the least informed poster on this entire board, which is quite a feat in itself, and then have the temerity to claim that the truth doesn't matter to others.  Pot, meet kettle.  (Sheesh, and all this time it seemed people were calling you a pot head for your proclivities.  Hadn't noticed the double entendre that also works until just now.)

He is absolutely informed enough to see through the smoke be blown. 

Is it your opinion that Trump did nothing wrong and every president should just get to use funds to extort foreign countries? Don't worry, I won't be expecting an answer from you. 

35 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Good points.  You are right that I keep calling the scheme extortion when it apparently does not meet some legal criteria.  I apologize.  I guess that is why they refer to the scheme as abuse of power instead.

As far as the truth issue, you are not as correct.  I am talking about discovering the actual events as opposed to a finding a defensible position.  The Trump supporters here and in the Senate don't want to know the Ukrainian truth because, imo, the more they learn the harder it becomes to simply ignore the facts and to vote to acquit. 

If they cared about the truth, they would want to learn what happened and then decide whether or not the scheme was impeachable.  Instead they back slap Dershowitz because he seemingly gave them a lifeboat - a position that allows them to close their eyes and ears to any more information.

good for you, Bob. the road to recovery begins with honesty. i am reserving the right to rubut this post in fuller terms, after today's presentation is over.

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Good points.  You are right that I keep calling the scheme extortion when it apparently does not meet some legal criteria.  I apologize.  I guess that is why they refer to the scheme as abuse of power instead.

As far as the truth issue, you are not as correct.  I am talking about discovering the actual events as opposed to a finding a defensible position.  The Trump supporters here and in the Senate don't want to know the Ukrainian truth because, imo, the more they learn the harder it becomes to simply ignore the facts and to vote to acquit. 

If they cared about the truth, they would want to learn what happened and then decide whether or not the scheme was impeachable.  Instead they back slap Dershowitz because he seemingly gave them a lifeboat - a position that allows them to close their eyes and ears to any more information.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76110e12cfaad361f3b74b

• Haha (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, njbuff said:

As Dan Bongino pointed out..................

There has to be a victim for a crime to be committed.

In this whole stupid process, who actually is the victim here?

That's a question no one can answer, so this whole should have been shut down before it even started.

The victim is the presidency of the United States.  

• Like (+1) 1

Donald Trump Unloads On Fox News, Predicts “Beginning Of The End"
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Really pathetic how @FoxNews is trying to be so politically correct by loading the airwaves with Democrats like Chris Van Hollen, the no name Senator from Maryland. He has been on forever playing up the Impeachment Hoax. Dems wouldn’t even give Fox their low ratings debates....

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
.....So, what the hell has happened to @FoxNews. Only I know! Chris Wallace and others should be on Fake News CNN or MSDNC. How’s Shep Smith doing? Watch, this will be the beginning of the end for Fox, just like the other two which are dying in the ratings. Social Media is great!
  • Haha (+1) 1

Without witnesses the Senate is committing the biggest fraud ever.

Even Don's lawyers said as much ...  W/O witnesses you have no proof.  But Don is not allowing witnessed to testify. 

He's using a BS national security excuse all the while his son uses What's App to communicate with the Saudis 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

Just now, Tiberius said:

Media lies, but Trump just exaggerates? Ok 

I see Trump as a pathological liar beyond anything we have seen. The media reports what they hear. 

When did I use the term lie?  Don't project your beliefs on me.  I think the media clearly orchestrates and spins stories for their story line.  Take a deep breath and realize the world isnt going to end because of 1 president.  It really will be okay.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

He is absolutely informed enough to see through the smoke be blown. 

Is it your opinion that Trump did nothing wrong and every president should just get to use funds to extort foreign countries? Don't worry, I won't be expecting an answer from you.

Wrong again, Tibs.

What the Articles of Impeachment allege have not been close to proven, so 45 should not be removed from office at present.

Has he done anything wrong?  Of course.  Your unasked question: has he done anything impeachable? Haven't seen any credible accusations yet, but am sure the D's will come up with some new accusations.  Doubt those will be any more credible than their prior ones.

And, of course Presidents shouldn't be able to extort countries for their own personal interests.  Which would seem to be the question you meant to ask but didn't.

But, as you are not a serious poster, really doubt that you'll get a reply to whatever your next feeble attempt at a gotcha moment happens to be.

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

What more do you need to know?

Would it confirm what you suspect, or change your mind?

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Well here's the point. You find truth where you see it. You see references to a constitutional scholar as a "backslap", I see it a ls reference to a constitutional scholar.  You see this whole debacle as a pursuit of truth, I see it as a debacle of the highest order. You see Adam Schiff as a seeker of truth, I see him simply as a partisan who likely is pursuit of something, but the truth ain't it. 

Finally, being a natural born skeptic, I look at every president in the history of the country as having been impeachable if this is the standard we're going to use moving forward.  If that's the case, so be it. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Without witnesses the Senate is committing the biggest fraud ever.

Even Don's lawyers said as much ...  W/O witnesses you have no proof.  But Don is not allowing witnessed to testify. 

He's using a BS national security excuse all the while his son uses What's App to communicate with the Saudis 

performing another drive-by, Shady?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Has he done anything wrong?  Of course.  Your unasked question: has he done anything impeachable? Haven't seen any credible accusations yet,  

The accusation that he held up aid for a politically motivated investigation isn't creditable? Seriously? Oh wait, you are not being serious, I guess