The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

Yeah, I watched the Cortes video.  Sorta smelly but horseshit is that way I guess.  Don't feel you need to point me to videos like that going forward.

The irony it takes to write this -- while still believing in the now proven false Trump/Russia hoax is HIGH comedy. :lol: 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Yeah, I watched the Cortes video.  Sorta smelly but horseshit is that way I guess.  Don't feel you need to point me to videos like that going forward.

'...to be extorted one needs to be aware they are being extorted...'

again, do i need to fetch the definition of extortion for you?

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Just hold the vote, acquit him, and get this farce over with already 

No way, its not a trial without witnesses 

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Say what you will about trump....but he's got answers when it comes to his enemies.

You mean he makes up lies? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The irony it takes to write this -- while still believing in the now proven false Trump/Russia hoax is HIGH comedy. :lol: 

It's "Up in smoke" high.

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No way, its not a trial without witnesses 

You mean he makes up lies? 

How ya doing Col Podovsky?  

• Like (+1) 1

John R. Bolton, the former national security adviser, privately told Attorney General William P. Barr last year that he had concerns that President Trump was effectively granting personal favors to the autocratic leaders of Turkey and China, according to an unpublished manuscript by Mr. Bolton.
Mr. Barr responded by pointing to a pair of Justice Department investigations of companies in those countries and said he was worried that Mr. Trump had created the appearance that he had undue influence over what would typically be independent inquiries, according to the manuscript. Backing up his point, Mr. Barr mentioned conversations Mr. Trump had with the leaders, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey and President Xi Jinping of China.
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

'...to be extorted one needs to be aware they are being extorted...'

again, do i need to fetch the definition of extortion for you?

Did you not read my previous response?  The Ukrainians became aware at some point in time.  That is key.

The point I was making, and I am pretty sure you recognize this already, it is irrelevant that on July 25th they did not know as long as they eventually did know.  The WH keeps repeating that on July 25th the Ukrainians were unaware of the alleged scheme.  That is immaterial.

As things played out, they discovered they were being pressured to announce investigations into Burisma and the Bidens.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/21/2020 at 11:47 AM, snafu said:

Cue Ethel Merman:

There's no business like show business and I tell you it's so
Traveling through the country is so thrilling, standing out in front on opening nights
Smiling as you watch the theater filling, and there's your billing out there in lights
There's no people like show people, they smile when they are low
Angels come from everywhere with lots of jack, and when you lose it, there's no attack
Where could you get money that you don't give back? Let's go on with the show

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

Did you not read my previous response?  The Ukrainians became aware at some point in time.  That is key.

The point I was making, and I am pretty sure you recognize this already, it is irrelevant that on July 25th they did not know as long as they eventually did know.  The WH keeps repeating that on July 25th the Ukrainians were unaware of the alleged scheme.  That is immaterial.

As things played out, they discovered they were being pressured to announce investigations into Burisma and the Bidens.

Bob, again... you're an idiot, Bob.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/trump-and-president-of-ukraine-say-there-was-no-pressure-to-investigate-biden-69894725895

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

in fact, they were so extorted, they gave Trump everything he asked for and more even, Bob. 

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

:huh:

Did they announce an investigation into the Bidens before getting the aid released?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1