The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

1 hour ago, Margarita said:

says the poster who comes to the forum unsigned in to read her "Ignored users" you want to talk disingenuous we can go there...your cred with me is pretty low Gal I'll take your  council with a HUGE grain of salt

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it?

I will write this slowing since I know you cannot read fast... <_<

1) When on my phone(s) I do not have the app.
2) Since I do not have the app, I am not signed in.
3) A negative consequence to not being signed in is that you "get" to see/read all the people you would normally have blocked.
4) I cannot say I give a rat's ass if my "cred" (WTF says "cred"!?) is low with you. You seem like a pretty stupid, illogical,  uninformed person. My only regret is that when on my phone I will now be stuck reading your drivel.
5) Have a nice day. :)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

Good chance those GOP sources are drinking at a Trump Hotel, yes.

Having a round to celebrate Trump's eventual victory no doubt.  But that has nothing to do with Lisa's sources none the less.  I think the central thought for Lisa is that sometimes in moments of stress we hallucinate to see what we want to see and that alcohol can be an aid to that.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Having a round to celebrate Trump's eventual victory no doubt.  But that has nothing to do with Lisa's sources none the less.  I think the central thought for Lisa is that sometimes in moments of stress we hallucinate to see what we want to see and that alcohol can be an aid to that.

For sure - you've got a great track record

26 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

For sure - you've got a great track record

We both know that is not true but you can keep thinking that if it helps you sleep at night.  Pleasant dreams.  You have my blessing if you want to down a few shots of whiskey before bed if it helps.

Edited by RochesterRob

38 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it?

I will write this slowing since I know you cannot read fast... <_<

1) When on my phone(s) I do not have the app.
2) Since I do not have the app, I am not signed in.
3) A negative consequence to not being signed in is that you "get" to see/read all the people you would normally have blocked.
4) I cannot say I give a rat's ass if my "cred" (WTF says "cred"!?) is low with you. You seem like a pretty stupid, illogical,  uninformed person. My only regret is that when on my phone I will now be stuck reading your drivel.
5) Have a nice day. :)

You win bullyette of the day award at 2BD which doesn’t require an app just a browser web address and log in how genius is that... LOL congrats (short for CONGRATULATIONS) on your stellar contributions of the day. it is with pleasure I won’t be reading you ever again I always log in TCK ?

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Highlighting this point only because it crosses over with my own work/interests: 

The "border fiasco" you're referring to is directly tied to protecting children, especially children from regions like Honduras. How? Trump's top agenda on the border, and you could argue since he came into office, is a crackdown on human trafficking. If you're working with people from Honduras, especially migrants, then I'm certain you've heard the horror stories of the cartels, traffickers, and coyotes. 

"Child Separation" and how it was handled by the media should be a huge warning sign that the media, and the establishment DC (both right and left) are deeply corrupt. Those who argued, forcefully, that putting children in cages was wrong and inhuman also knowingly were ignoring the other side of that coin: namely that hundreds of thousands of children a year are trafficked across the southern border for the purposes of human slavery. Separating children from their parents is bad -- you and I both feel for them. 2/3rds of people crossing the border are doing so without any ill intent towards their children. But that leaves 1/3 of the kids (100s of thousands a year, if not more) in danger. Arguing against "children in cages" is an argument FOR giving traffickers a free pass. 

This propaganda campaign was done specifically to muddy these waters. Because those trafficking pipelines are worth billions of dollars a year to the cartels and their customers. Billions. And DC politicians have, for decades, taken kickbacks from the cartels, the PRI, and others to keep the border porous. To protect this supply line of children

I urge you, with all sincerity, to dig deeper into the border/wall issues. And look hard at trafficking. Talk to the people you work with, you won't have to look hard to find a victim or hear their story. 

This, by the way, was one of the major understandings/revelations that opened my eyes to exactly what's happening. 

Trump isn't a threat to the country, or to you or me. He's a direct threat to this industry. An industry which the likes of McCain, Pelosi, Schiff, and many more have directly/knowingly profited from for decades. In "donations" and kickbacks. They're terrified of this income stream being dried up. It has nothing to do with "protecting children". Quite the opposite. 

I I would encourage you to read this link and make comment as to its claims https://www.businessinsider.com/human-trafficking-is-not-an-immigration-enforcement-problem-2019-3#nostatistical-evidence-4 

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So you are of the opinion that a sitting president can not, or should not, investigate anyone who might run against him in the future?

Walk that line of thought all the way out. And consider what we've learned about the Russia/Trump hoax -- and how the FBI was spying (illegally) on a political opponent of the White House. I'm guessing (and please correct me if I'm wrong) you had no problem with that investigation... 

I think the President making this request was outside the scope of his responsibilities to investiate HIMSELF yes...it should have been done by the justice dept to avoid any claims of impropriety ...even his own defense team today stated "the call was less than perfect"  

4 hours ago, GG said:

Did you explore why Honduras disintegrated into one of the worst places in Central America in the first place?  Why are Honduran migrants eclipsing even the Guatemalans?

government corruption at the highest levels beyond what we could even imagine here as well as abject poverty, lack of clean water, lack of food, starving children...we serve a public childrens hospital which if not for humanitarian aid would not even have basics like soap, toilet paper, syringes, medicines, food..it is like a horror film to be present in one of their ER's...the nurses are barely paid, kids with machete cuts, kids with severe burns screaming, kids dying of malnutrition and cancer..parasitical infections due to no clean water......cardboard villages....Thats the reality of living there.

Just now, Margarita said:

I I would encourage you to read this link and make comment as to its claims https://www.businessinsider.com/human-trafficking-is-not-an-immigration-enforcement-problem-2019-3#nostatistical-evidence-4 

Read it previously. It's central premise misses the point (intentionally I imagine) and deflects to strawmen. 

The reality, which I've researched/witnessed first hand, is that human trafficking (and narco/weapons) across the southern border is a tremendous source of income for a lot of nefarious groups. Those groups, through lobbyists  and other (legal and illegal) means, purchased a large chunk of DC (and state/local officials in multiple states). Those that couldn't be bought, were made to toe the line through other pressure points. This is big business. Big money.

And it's evil of the worst kind. 

The legislative solution to family separation is simple: if the "families" can prove their relation -- either through documentation or DNA -- they can be kept together. The ones who can't, must be separated for the safety of the child. Real simple fix... but it's not brought up at all by any legislator or given any serious consideration. Why not? Because the truth is a chunk of the legislators are paid to keep that border porous for any number of reasons. Trafficking being the most dangerous/insidious and profitable of the lot -- but don't think I'm saying there isn't exploitation of migrant workers to the financial benefit of other groups. 

But if you're asking me which is the more urgent matter, the kids get my vote.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

It is interesting that issues that are dear to your are the right to life and conditions in Honduras.  IMHO, 45 has done more for those issues (though still not enough) than any other President since at least Reagan.

Just a couple of readily brought to mind examples:  45 was the 1st President ever to speak at the March for Life and the border wall that you dislike is being proposed and implemented in no small part to thwart human traffickers preying on the poor from Latin America.

Which brings back my earlier question: who will do more to effectively support (through actions, not words) issues that you hold dear than 45 has done & will do?

https://www.businessinsider.com/human-trafficking-is-not-an-immigration-enforcement-problem-2019-3#nostatistical-evidence-4 read this and tell me what you think. About the other issues I think my own personal opinions are really moot as far as he being impeached. Do Republican values align with mine regarding abortion Definitey. Do I think he is in favor of being a man of Christian values and loving your neighbor as yourself...absolutely Not.  I dont mean to hijack and make this a thread on soley what margarita thinks though to be honest who cares what margarita thinks I dont expect internet chatters  to thats for sure.