The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You come down here with the attitude that you are knowledgeable about the subject but do nothing but espouse your "feelings". When challenged, you claim that anyone challenging you is a "Trumptard" or whatever and come off as a victim. 

Trumptard?

Trump cultist?

What the fvck are they anyways?

58 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Haven't seen ANY of those.

But 100% of the posters who come here and say "im a moderate," "I'm an independent," or "I used to be a republican" all end up spouting Democratic party/MSM talking points.

Just wait. She will, too.

naw Joe, that is too broad a brush. I am registered “no party affiliation.” I did vote straight R last election because the Democratic Party has pissed me off, but I am in no way tied to any party. I truly consider myself a political mutt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Well, I think we all have learned over the last three years (me anyways) that if you have a (D) in front of your name you can basically do whatever the fvck you want and skate free with no repercussions whatsoever.

Roger Stone, Manafort and Flynn are waiting on death row while the Democratic wrongdoers are living life large.

What's that tell you?

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This was too good not to share :lol: 

I just ate God Dammit.

?

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, snafu said:

Ha, they just played it again.

Also, they put up a Heinz kid email to the State Dept. from 2014.  How the heck did they get their hands on that? 

she said the only reason they knew was because a different investigation had revealed them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

Time to finally impeach Obama

Reminder - Trump appointed Bolton

Let's impeach the Bush's and Bill Clinton again while we are at it.

While we are at, let's impeach every Presidential candidate in 2024 so this way we don't have a President then.

6 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Time to finally impeach Obama

It's a double standard that's being revealed.  Don't be disingenuous.

6 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Reminder - Trump appointed Bolton

Trump has a shaky record picking people.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Margarita said:

Im here because Donald Trump is the POTUS and being impeached for actions that are illegal and I believe he is guilty as charged. as sin. I don't trust Him nor believe of much of what he says..Im not here to argue or crusade or to have anyone convince me he is a good guy because in my  view by his actions and words he is a Liar. I was a registered republican and even voted for him because I thought Hillary Clinton was even worse. People in this forum can scoff and ridicule and belittle me and my opinions all they want...the unpleasant truth is there are Millions of people just like me who don't go on to message boards to harangue others about their beliefs as what happens here. If the standards for admission to a political forum are being diehard supporters of EITHER  political system at play in our country now I really shouldn't be here because I think both sides corrupt and its a horrible look for our country no matter who "wins" at the conclusion of this trial.

impeachment and its result are BAD NEWSfor the Us of A and noone wins Mr Rhino That's really what I think..no winners NONE..if you think the state of our democracy isn't in a crisis mode I don't know what to tell you...gone is any bi partisan reasoning or cooperation at all......to me its tragically SAD..I don't think Donald Trump is clearing a swamp I think he IS the swamp or a more sneaky underhanded version of it because he veils his lies AS truth...…...That's what I think. 

Not looking to pile on, but am very curious about the bolded.

What were you expecting Trump to be/ do as President prior to his election and what did you get that was different from that to make you now not only regret that vote but believe he should be removed from office on the basis of the 2 Articles of Impeachment?

Because for me, the path has been the exact opposite.  Couldn't stand / accept the crudity &/or carnival Barker that he'd shown himself to be in 25-30 years of being in the spotlight and refused to vote for him even though I expected that Hillary Clinton would be a far worse President than any we'd had before.  So, voted for a write in candidate for the 1st time ever.  (Living in a state that Hill was likely to carry by at least 3MM votes made that easier, but the fact is there was no way to justify at that time voting for him.)

Now, since he was elected, though we've been told nearly daily for 3 years that we'd be seeing new wars started, there have been no new ones and the existing ones aren't escalating.  Though we were told the economy would go to ####, employment is at all time highs, inflation is low, and the market is doing well.  We were told he's a racist, but he champions prison reform and has essentially doubled federal support to historically black colleges and universities.  Though we've been told he hates the rest of the world, he's pushed through 2 major trade deals.  Though we've been told he hates NATO, we're still in it and our European allies are coming closer to meeting their commitments to it.  ISIS and Iran have faced major setbacks as have human trafficers.  That's just a portion of the positives of his record.

Still really dislike his tone / tenor in his tweets, but should the economy still be good in November and we still find ourselves in no new wars, can't see how not to vote for him.  (And consider myself more of a conservative  / libertarian than a Republican.)  But as a Republican yourself, who do you expect to get more of the agenda implemented than 45?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4