The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You're both wrong.

For THIRTY YEARS the right's been under assault from the left in the public arena. It's about damned time someone talked over them. Now it's time to trample them under foot.

FULL DISCLOSURE Joe: as a businessman myself, I did not like his style period......a much larger discussion for another day....HOWEVER, how long has the battle cry been for a Washington Outsider to end up in DC to clean up the mess?.....and how long did KNOWN Washington Insiders try to fraudulently try and run as an "Outsider"?....stupid enough to bite the hand that has fed them and peddle that crap in their platform?....so now Trump arrives on the scene...brash, bold, obnoxious, irascible, demeaning, insulting, no holds barred, etc.....and the political "good 'ol boyz network (BOTH sides)" has been permeated, turned upside down and inside out, NEVER expecting their SWAMP to be drained....as Grandma always said, "careful what you wish for sonny" and the "outsider wish" came true.....they're scrambling like cockroaches after the Orkin Man sprayed.....and I love  EVERY DAMN MINUTE OF IT.....this whole impeachment fraud is to send a message to any outsider who has aspirations in the future to change the political network...need more chlorine for the swamp...........

12 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I understand why people hate the President tweeting out, but I am one that won't take it sitting down if I got bashed the way the President has been getting bashed by these people on a mind-numbing basis since he came down the escalator.

It's very difficult to ignore it when people are bashing you every second of every day.

Some people can handle it and shrug it off........ Reagan, for example........... others, like Trump, for example, WILL FIGHT BACK.

I don't have a problem with either side of the equation.

..I understand what you are saying, but here are a couple of quick observations.....Reagan era and Trump era are distinctly different....Reagan era saw the usual disagreements, but the discourse was more civil.....the existence of social media in the Trump era is decisively different (how about journalism (COUGH)?).......social media is a platform to say whatever you want without substantiation from the safe confines hiding under your desk cowardly....admittedly and rightfully Trump fights back but he should be somewhat reticent so as not to feed the foment....he has made major accomplishments for this country and should let them speak for themselves IMO........

7 minutes ago, Capco said:

Rrriiight.  Because blocking evidence is the best way to avoid distortions.  

if you were move than a drive by poster in the dungeon, you would understand exactly why evidence was blocked. hell, maybe even just watch today's, presentation by the WHC, they laid out exactly why the President didn't comply.

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

if you were move than a drive by poster in the dungeon, you would understand exactly why evidence was blocked. hell, maybe even just watch today's, presentation by the WHC, they laid out exactly why the President didn't comply.

Only in Trumplandia does the omission of information create a clearer picture.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Capco said:

You're the one performing logical contortions in order to avoid a very straightforward premise.  Not a chance you might be the idiot though.  

nah. you made a statement, i provided you with a readily available source to help you understand why the documents were blocked. you then proceeded to deflect.

you're not interested in having an honest discussion. if you were, you would have commented on my assertion instead of completely bypassing it for an attempt to malign. all that tells me is that you have nothing. as such, we're done. i'm tired of your types, i don't have the time for your games.

have a good day.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..I understand what you are saying, but here are a couple of quick observations.....Reagan era and Trump era are distinctly different....Reagan era saw the usual disagreements, but the discourse was more civil.....the existence of social media in the Trump era is decisively different (how about journalism (COUGH)?).......social media is a platform to say whatever you want without substantiation from the safe confines hiding under your desk cowardly....admittedly and rightfully Trump fights back but he should be somewhat reticent so as not to feed the foment....he has made major accomplishments for this country and should let them speak for themselves IMO........

The President's accomplishments are NEVER put out there by MSM, so he has to use social media to get that point across, all the while bashing back at his haters in MSM and the Dems in congress also. ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

nah. you made a statement, i provided you with a readily available source to help you understand why the documents were blocked. you then proceeded to deflect.

you're not interested in having an honest discussion. if you were, you would have commented on my assertion instead of completely bypassing it for an attempt to malign. all that tells me is that you have nothing. as such, we're done. i'm tired of your types, i don't have the time for your games.

have a good day.

First you call me an idiot, then you write out something civil like this?  Is that how you take the highroad where you come from?  lol

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

have a good day.

What???? You don't like having a headache? ?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Foxx said:

have a good day.

You have to understand. He is arguing with you with what he has heard and seen on MSNBC and CNN. These news agencies just regurgitate the same garbage and people take it in not recognizing law is at play and they have to follow the law.

Edited by fansince88
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Capco said:

Rrriiight.  Because blocking evidence is the best way to avoid distortions.  

"blocking information" is the job of the defense. Interviewing everyone BEFORE submission to the senate was the prosecution's job. They failed to do their job, and NOW you want senate republicans helping out?

`Get over it. 2016 happened. Your B word lost.

And whichever B word you put up in 2020 will lose, too.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Capco said:

It is the role of the House to gather evidence, and then to present that evidence to the Senate.

It is the role of the Senate to hear the evidence gathered by the House, and to weigh it against the defense mounted by the Executive.

It is not the role of the Senate to gather evidence.  This is the trial phase.

Investigations necessarily precede trials.  They are, in fact, required to be complete in order to establish that there should even be a trial.

No one is “blocking information”, rather they are following proper formatting.

The truth is that House Democrats did a very bad job and are trying to make that the fault of Senate Republicans.

• Like (+1) 9

51 minutes ago, Capco said:

Question: Why hasn't Schiff released the OIG testimony yet? Why has he blocked it from public and counsel? 

(Hint: Because its exonerating)

Care to back off your ridiculous statement, which only shows you haven't been paying attention to the actual facts?

Again, Schiff has lied for 4 years straight now about Trump/Russia and the Ukraine, inventing "secret evidence" that only he knows about in order to sell that to Capco and the media. It's hilarious projection :lol: 

(Don't tell Capco though)

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

New evidence can come to light during a trial.  The trial can be postponed until a later date as new evidence is gathered (or for many other reasons).  I believe it's called a continuance.  

This is not something that is just being made up on the spot by Democrats.

Edited by Capco

Just now, Capco said:

New evidence can come to light during a trial.  The trial can be postponed until a later date as new evidence is gathered (or for many other reasons).  I believe it's called a continuance.  

This is not something that is just being made up on the spot by Democrats.

The OIG testimony has been under lock and key by Schiff for over 60 days. It's not new. 

Why is it being blocked, Capco? 

Don't you want to see what's in it?

• Like (+1) 2