The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

On 12/20/2019 at 3:07 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

Religious Jews tend to vote Republican, secular Jews tend to vote Democrat.

Given the yarmulkes, I’m guessing these folks are religious.

I can’t even begin to tell you how pleased I was that these folks broke out into the PPP dancing Hasidic Jew meme.  We even got to do it without any rabid anti-Semitism.

Ahh yes! The JewBeeDancing! :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Van Drew left the Democratic party due to calls telling him that they would make sure he was never elected to any office as a Democrat again. (1:40)

With that suit he's sure to get selected for the GOP's House Clown Committee. 

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Van Drew left the Democratic party due to calls telling him that they would make sure he was never elected to any office as a Democrat again. (1:40)

i don't know a whole lot about this guy but it's too bad that there are not more of our representatives who feel and act as he does. i set the video below to pick it up where they get into his voting record in case anyone didn't watch the whole thing.

https://youtu.be/OB_l9wb0dz0?t=333

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

McConnell needs to wait her out.  Just sit there....and wait.  Get back to the people's business.

He just needs to traffic cocaine and confirm judges... all while being out of cocaine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

McConnell needs to wait her out.  Just sit there....and wait.  Get back to the people's business.

....and Photo Op Chuckie wants the Senate to "adopt a bi-partisan impeachment process"....guess we should use the House Model then................

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sounds like it's about time for Mitch to cite Pelosi for....."Obstruction of Congress"!

Well...no.  The House and Senate have exclusive domain over their chambers' rules, including how they impeach.  So if the House decides their procedure is to not send the articles to the senate in the absence of a defined Senate impeachment process, that's entirely with in their purview.  On the other hand, if the Senate decides not to define their procedure until the articles are received, that's entirely within their purview as well.

It's a ridiculous and rather viciously stupid cycle of childishness...but it's entirely Constitutional and legal.

(Side note: there's no Constitutional requirement for the House to send "impeachment managers" to the Senate.  Personally, I'd argue that they're unconstitutional, and I can't find a legal basis beyond "That's how we impeached Clinton" for McConnell accepting them.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Well...no.  The House and Senate have exclusive domain over their chambers' rules, including how they impeach.  So if the House decides their procedure is to not send the articles to the senate in the absence of a defined Senate impeachment process, that's entirely with in their purview.  On the other hand, if the Senate decides not to define their procedure until the articles are received, that's entirely within their purview as well.

It's a ridiculous and rather viciously stupid cycle of childishness...but it's entirely Constitutional and legal.

(Side note: there's no Constitutional requirement for the House to send "impeachment managers" to the Senate.  Personally, I'd argue that they're unconstitutional, and I can't find a legal basis beyond "That's how we impeached Clinton" for McConnell accepting them.)

Tom?  I was kidding. Don't let this stuff get to you.

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

the Senate began its investigation on Nixon before the House even finished the impeachment vote