Name This Person

T&C

5 minutes ago, T&C said:

Not Phil but he was involved with the music industry, among other things.

You tripping?

I answered it correctly.  Easy one.  Seen this photo before.   It's Bear.  Bear Owsley.   He designed: "Steal Your Face" and the high stepping Bears, not by him, but with him in mind... Was off of one of his earlier designs.

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You tripping?

I answered it correctly.  Easy one.  Seen this photo before.   It's Bear.  Bear Owsley.   He designed: "Steal Your Face" and the high stepping Bears, not by him, but with him in mind... Was off of one of his earlier designs.

Yep, its Augustus Owsley Stanley III... king of acid. Thanks for putting part of his name in words this go around lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owsley_Stanley

• Like (+1) 1

When flair was king and shaped skis weren't around to make everyone look like a pro:

WhatForm!.thumb.jpg.f900c3a91f2d0b37938a31e30b1434aa.jpg

Even when he got old,  he refused to open those knees up... I say I can't blame him! Not a speck of daylight coming through those legs!

SameForm!_1.thumb.jpg.a2e244b65c55216f695cebaf329a9a47.jpg

What famous skier?

12 minutes ago, T&C said:

Yep, its Augustus Owsley Stanley III... king of acid. Thanks for putting part of his name in words this go around lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owsley_Stanley

I thought it was in words?  His nickname is on the back of that Grateful Dead album. 😉

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

When flair was king and shaped skis weren't around to make everyone look like a pro:

WhatForm!.thumb.jpg.f900c3a91f2d0b37938a31e30b1434aa.jpg

Even when he got old,  he refused to open those knees up... I say I can't blame him! Not a speck of daylight coming through those legs!

SameForm!_1.thumb.jpg.a2e244b65c55216f695cebaf329a9a47.jpg

What famous skier?

I thought it was in words?  His nickname is on the back of that Grateful Dead album. 😉

I only know one name of a skier that old so I’ll go with it.  Jean Claude Killy.

Even if correct, it is probably spelled wrong.

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I only know one name of a skier that old so I’ll go with it.  Jean Claude Killy.

Even if correct, it is probably spelled wrong.

Good guess.  But no... Bit older.  Was really the one who popularized skiing in the US.  But, he wasn't born in the US.

He died a few years ago @ 88.

19 minutes ago, T&C said:

I'm calling my lawyer...

I got @BringBackFergy on retainer.   You're toast! 😉😜

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Ingemar Stenmark?

Good one! Nope.   Older.   Norwegian.   Associated with Deer Valley, Utah...Boyne, Michigan.... Sugarbush, VT, Snowmass/Aspen, Colorado among other places.  Quite the ambassador!  Was skiing up into his 80s.

27 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Still waiting for the check. 

It's in the mail!  Darn USPS! 😃😊

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.