Dan Brown, Da Vinci Code, Catholicism

PTS

I know how you dont like to fact check so I did for you. As usual you are almost right. It is true that there was a very brief disclaimer at the beginning but it was not until 40 minutes into the "adaptation" of HG Welles "War of the Worlds" that Welles announced it was a hoax. This was preceded by at least two "reports on site" of contemporary horror. It was all good fun. If I am not mistaken much of the action occurred in New Jersey!

303772[/snapback]

Back to reading comprehension. Almost right? How is KRC not "totally right" in supporting EII's memory?

EII said there was a disclaimer at the beginning, and if the listeners missed the disclaimer, they may have been duped - 40 minutes is a long time in radio world.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to reading comprehension.  Almost right?  How is KRC not "totally right" in supporting EII's memory?

EII said there was a disclaimer at the beginning, and if the listeners missed the disclaimer, they may have been duped -  40 minutes is a long time in radio world.

303789[/snapback]

That is what I was thinking.

But... It was a BRIEF disclaimer! ;):unsure::angry:

Maybe he (Beau) would have wanted the disclaimer to be a full blown treatise? :)

I think all it takes is for the station to say is: "What you are about to hear is not true, purely fiction." End of disclaimer.

Beau does seem to be having fiction, non-fiction problems?

:o

Can't distinguish fiction and non-fiction, can't distinguish "converse" and "obverse", can't distinguish "Catholic" and "non-Catholic"...I'm sensing a pattern...

303937[/snapback]

Other then he is very typical of the "average" poster here in comprehension skills, I don't.

But if he's an average poster...that would make him "unexceptional", which I assume would then make him "exceptional" in his own eyes...  :angry:

303941[/snapback]

How do you keep your oversized cranium upright enough to post so coherently? :unsure: