50s Rock and Roll

Anybody else a fan of 50's rock and roll. I've always been a history buff, so I've always had a respect for early rock and roll. Little Richard, Chuck Berry, etc. When I first learned guitar I got even more into it because I could strum the three chords I knew and play simple versions of all of it. But I've always been a huge fan of Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly, Fats Domino, Chubby Checker, Bo Diddley just to name a few. Even saw, and shook hands with Chuck Berry and Chubby Checker after their shows before.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

When I was in high school in the 70s, one of the radio stations that I listened to was an oldies station.  I enjoy songs from the doo wap era.  I’m not as much a fan of the harmonizing slow songs that were also popular  back then 

Edited by Gray Beard

7 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

When I was in high school in the 70s, one of the radio stations that I listened to was an oldies station.  I enjoy songs from the doo wap era.  I’m not as much a fan of the harmonizing slow songs that were also popular  back then 

I still don't much care for them, but I've learn to appreciate the craft that goes into singing them. 

I did however a few years ago, back when Netflix was a DVD only service, order a DVD of a rock and roll 50s package concert. It had Chuck, Little Richard, Jerry Lee, and a few artists I never heard of, so I was excited to discover something new to me. Then I realized, there's a reason we know the names we know, and a reason I'd never heard of some of the other acts. 

• Like (+1) 1