Seantrel Henderson - OT depth? (Update - visiting Bills)

YoloinOhio

This is not you typical weed use, let’s not forget that. The guy has a legit disease. Unless you’ve had Chron’s disease, you might not want to be judging. The league is just silly about this right now, but they will trade it for something in the next CBA. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Didn't Seantrel get busted for weed he smoked to alleviate pain from Crohn's disease?  I thought that was the case and if so, Henderson got a bad deal from the NFL.

That is the case. It seems even stupider in hindsight. I think they even did a special review of it and decided to not allow it. These other leagues ALWAYS look the other way with weed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, that wasn’t for you. 

I can’t tell on here sometimes though!! Ha ha, we really need that sarcasm font.

I’m just not sure he wants to go back there. I don’t know the guy but am sure he has an ego. I don’t know the details. I just know what I’ve been told.

If he had an ego, he wouldn't still be with the ego-destroying XFL--he would be hustling right back to the NFL to prove everyone wrong.  Despite what you've been told, your scenario doesn't make must sense, that's all.   

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

This is not you typical weed use, let’s not forget that. The guy has a legit disease. Unless you’ve had Chron’s disease, you might not want to be judging. The league is just silly about this right now, but they will trade it for something in the next CBA. 

Even if Seantrel needs marijuana for symptom relief (and that’s a MASSIVE IF), his use makes him a liability. No use for a 4th string tackle who could suspended at any time.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Didn't Seantrel get busted for weed he smoked to alleviate pain from Crohn's disease?  I thought that was the case and if so, Henderson got a bad deal from the NFL.

I don’t think it’s just the pain, but also the severe weight loss. It’s a REAL thing, a REAL disease. He got a raw deal, but he’s back and eligible. I’m willing to live and let live. If you feel otherwise....

Just now, Augie said:

I don’t think it’s just the pain, but also the severe weight loss. It’s a REAL thing, a REAL disease. He got a raw deal, but he’s back and eligible. I’m willing to live and let live. If you feel otherwise....

I don't doubt the pain and problems that anyone with that disease goes through.  I remember Seantrel's time here and him missing a lot of time with Crohn's.  As I said, I think he got screwed by the NFL.  

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

If he had an ego, he wouldn't still be with the ego-destroying XFL--he would be hustling right back to the NFL to prove everyone wrong.  Despite what you've been told, your scenario doesn't make must sense, that's all.   

Maybe it doesn’t, but I promise I’m telling the truth. They think really highly of him. Maybe he views it as a demotion? I don’t know the guy or his situation. It could even be family related. He has a reputation in that area. Maybe it’s a Sean Payton type of situation? Who knows but that’s what they said

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Eh, there’s enough people in the XFL that must believe it will work. Maybe Whaley is in that camp. 

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Even if Seantrel needs marijuana for symptom relief (and that’s a MASSIVE IF), his use makes him a liability. No use for a 4th string tackle who could suspended at any time.

NO, our massive liability at THIS moment, is a lack of an OT. And he IS available. We are not building a franchise around the guy. Why are some people so negatively adamant? This is a no risk, only upside situation. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Except he was smoking before he had a Chron's disease issue.

I think he choose MJ because he smoked it before and it was easy to convince himself this was the easy solution hence why I think the Bills need to ask him the hard question.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Augie said:

NO, our massive liability at THIS moment, is a lack of an OT. And he IS available. We are not building a franchise around the guy. Why are some people so negatively adamant? This is a no risk, only upside situation. 

We have Ryan Bates who hasn’t gotten suspended 9 times. He’s also been exposed to our blocking scheme longer. I’ll take him over Seantrel at this time.

Just now, Augie said:

This is kind of my take Aug. Seantrel isn’t great but he’s serviceable. He plays a position of need and has some experience. He’s a better use of a roster spot at this point than certain other guys.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

I think he choose MJ because he smoked it before and it was easy to convince himself this was the easy solution hence why I think the Bills need to ask him the hard question.

Just like Percy Harvin and his “headaches.”

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't doubt the pain and problems that anyone with that disease goes through.  I remember Seantrel's time here and him missing a lot of time with Crohn's.  As I said, I think he got screwed by the NFL.  

He didn't get a raw deal.. He chose to use a banned substance.  This has been discussed ad nauseam.  He made his choice.  The outcome was inevitable.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

What, exactly, is there to lose taking a shot at OT 4 mid-season when it’s a position of need. If he fails, you get another guy. It’s NOT like we have to forfeit games if he fails a test. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? If he fails, you go to the next guy. Why START with a lesser talent? Is it a moral issue for you? I WANT TO WIN GAMES! Weed won’t change that for me.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Maybe it doesn’t, but I promise I’m telling the truth. They think really highly of him. Maybe he views it as a demotion? I don’t know the guy or his situation. It could even be family related. He has a reputation in that area. Maybe it’s a Sean Payton type of situation? Who knows but that’s what they said

If they really thought that highly of him, they would have sent a car to pick him up at OBD the day he was canned.  Instead he floundered around finding work as "recruiter for the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl" (lol) until he jumped at the XFL position--a job as dubious as the prospects of that league.

7 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Eh, there’s enough people in the XFL that must believe it will work. Maybe Whaley is in that camp. 

He had no other options, nor did any of them.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

We have Ryan Bates who hasn’t gotten suspended 9 times. He’s also been exposed to our blocking scheme longer. I’ll take him over Seantrel at this time.

You lead with something that is completely irrelevant. I’d make the decision based upon the ability to make the team better, if called upon. I’ll leave that to the FO. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

What, exactly, is there to lose taking a shot at OT 4 mid-season when it’s a position of need. If he fails, you get another guy. It’s NOT like we have to forfeit games if he fails a test. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? If he fails, you go to the next guy. Why START with a lesser talent? Is it a moral issue for you? I WANT TO WIN GAMES! Weed won’t change that for me.

I stated that the Bills should look at him but need to ask the hard question.   Do you think they should go in blind?

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He didn't get a raw deal.. He chose to use a banned substance.  This has been discussed ad nauseam.  He made his choice.  The outcome was inevitable.

OBJ smokes weed.  He smoked it on video, yet he is still playing.  Why?

• Like (+1) 1