You're On The Clock...

Astrobot

Perkins is CB, Moats is your RB, O-line is Solid...Now What?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Perkins is CB, Moats is your RB, O-line is Solid...Now What?

• Scott Starks, CB, Wisconsin
    • Jerome Collins, TE, Notre Dame
    • Ben Dougherty, QB, Florida A&M
    • David Greene, QB, Georgia
    • Karl Paymah, CB, Washington State
    • Larry Brackins, WR, Pearl River CC
    • Leroy Hill, OLB, Clemson
    • Darren Sproles, RB, Kansas State
    • Tony Curtis, TE, Portland State
    • Brandon Jones, WR, Oklahoma

IMO it's time to take a flier on Jerome Collins from ND.

He may amount to nada, but he's big, strong, fast, and naturally athletic. The other stuff like route running and blocking technique can be taught. Since he went to ND he's gotta' be somewhat intelligent - or at least intelligent enough to learn the finer details of the TE position.

IMO it's time to take a flier on Jerome Collins from ND. 

He may amount to nada, but he's big, strong, fast, and naturally athletic.  The other stuff like route running and blocking technique can be taught.  Since he went to ND he's gotta' be somewhat intelligent - or at least intelligent enough to learn the finer details of the TE position.

302143[/snapback]

My boys on the team think he is borderline retarded. He is soft and they claim he closes his eyes before contact. I totally agree that he just a sick athlete, but I don't think he has any business in the NFL.

Here's a little bit on Collins:

---29 (out of 35) Wonderlic score

---former outside linebacker and wide receiver who moved to tight end for the 2004 season

---promise at the position as both a pass catcher and a blocker

---has been a special teams stalwart throughout his Irish career and proved to be very effective as a blocker in multiple tight end alignments

---good vertical jump and averaged 11.6 points and 6.8 rebounds as a senior in basketball and earned All-League honors

---was involved in two blocked punts and totaled 4 tackles (3 solos) on special teams action this year

---In 36 games with the Irish, he accounted for 14 tackles (11 solos), a stop behind the line of scrimmage, two blocked punts, a 28-yard punt return and 67 yards on six catches.

Could be a special teams stalwart, but he's raw. Only one year at TE.

Here's a little bit on Collins:

---29 (out of 35) Wonderlic score

---former outside linebacker and wide receiver who moved to tight end for the 2004 season

---promise at the position as both a pass catcher and a blocker

---has been a special teams stalwart throughout his Irish career and proved to be very effective as a blocker in multiple tight end alignments

---good vertical jump and averaged 11.6 points and 6.8 rebounds as a senior in basketball and earned All-League honors

---was involved in two blocked punts and totaled 4 tackles (3 solos) on special teams action this year

---In 36 games with the Irish, he accounted for 14 tackles (11 solos), a stop behind the line of scrimmage, two blocked punts, a 28-yard punt return and 67 yards on six catches.

Could be a special teams stalwart, but he's raw. Only one year at TE.

302158[/snapback]

Oh believe me, I saw him play and I know what he can and cannot do. The wonderlic score blows my mind. I am simply relating what my boys tell me. They clown him all the time. When they heard he was invited to the combine, they thought it was a joke.

Hey maybe Buffalo Bills coaches can turn an underachieving, amazingly athletic Notre Dame player who is rumored to be soft into an NFL quality man? Wait we already tried that...Grant Irons.

I'd say no, but I've been wrong before.