C.J. Mosely

MUTiger

I would love this pick if he is available in the 3rd. Maybe I'm a little bit of a homer considering I've lived across the street from C.J. for 3 years but he can flat out play! Great combo of size and speed and he is always around the ball. Constantly collapses the pocket and is able to get after the quarterback ( 7 sacks last year). We don't get that much NFL talent here at ol Mizzou but this kid is the real deal. I've literally seen every snap this kid has played in college and firmly believe he can be an impact player at the D-tackle position for years to come. I think he would be a steal if he is available in the third.

I think Ellison will be a bust. I don't know if he possess the strength to be that effective at the next level. The ironic thing is that many pre draft websites have them rated about the same but if you have watched any Mizzou football (why you would have I have know idea because it can get kind of ugly sometimes) it it easy to see that Mosely is the much better interior lineman

I think Ellison will be a bust.  I don't know if he possess the strength to be that effective at the next level.  The ironic thing is that many pre draft websites have them rated about the same but if you have watched any Mizzou football (why you would have I have know idea because it can get kind of ugly sometimes) it it easy to see that Mosely is the much better interior lineman

302103[/snapback]

Ellison is more of a work in progress than CJ, but both have great potential. I have watched the Tigers this past year (ESPN Game Plan is a wonderful thing to have!). My take on Ellison is he seems to be a guy who desperately needs to be "coached up". He gets by on athleticism way too much, and sometimes it gets him into trouble, as I've seen some OL get low on him and move him around. Still, he is good off the snap and can get upfield okay. He does have the raw tools to be successful. It'll be up to a team w/a good DL coach (ahem!) to see what they can do w/those tools.