The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

he has trained his son well to be very suspicious of this stuff, it will all go down on the permanent record

the fun thing is the Toronto region is loaded with immigrant families who are extremely conservative 

...interesting (NOT being a smart azz my good friend).......one of my Co-Executive Board Members married a Canadian woman (not an immigrant) who hails from Fort Erie/Toronto after divorcing his wife of 30 years......she is an ultra Liberal and he is an ultra Conservative......quite the (NON) match...BUT...she rules......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...interesting (NOT being a smart azz my good friend).......one of my Co-Executive Board Members married a Canadian woman (not an immigrant) who hails from Fort Erie/Toronto after divorcing his wife of 30 years......she is an ultra Liberal and he is an ultra Conservative......quite the (NON) match...BUT...she rules......

Sounds like a good deal 

one is often giving up thing to get what they want

...the terribly fickle nature of the general electorate is beyond scarier than hell....how many pull the lever based on party affiliation(MY RELATIVES)  or name recognition ONLY?.....blindfolds may be appropriate.......how many think this current political quagmire is based on "Trump alleged dirty deeds" or even consider that a true Washington Outsider has permeated the walls of the "Good 'Ol Boyz Political Network (BOTH SIDES)" and there is collective (BOTH SIDES) hate?.....hasn't the "cry wolf" for years been the need for an OUTSIDER to clean up the stench, corruption and "Do Nothing 535"?.....and now their world has been turned upside down and the graft, corruption and partisanship is uncontrollably oozing from the walls of the "world's greatest democracy(COUGH)".....this could be a MAJOR crossroads in US political history where the fickle "wise up" or get "fickler"......God help us if it is the latter.....

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...the terribly fickle nature of the general electorate is beyond scarier than hell....how many pull the lever based on party affiliation(MY RELATIVES)  or name recognition ONLY?.....blindfolds may be appropriate.......how many think this current political quagmire is based on "Trump alleged dirty deeds" or even consider that a true Washington Outsider has permeated the walls of the "Good 'Ol Boyz Political Network (BOTH SIDES)" and there is collective (BOTH SIDES) hate?.....hasn't the "cry wolf" for years been the need for an OUTSIDER to clean up the stench, corruption and "Do Nothing 535"?.....and now their world has been turned upside down and the graft, corruption and partisanship is uncontrollably oozing from the walls of the "world's greatest democracy(COUGH)".....this could be a MAJOR crossroads in US political history where the fickle "wise up" or get "fickler"......God help us if it is the latter.....

I shudder when reading FB, Twitter or other comments from otherwise intelligent people who are so greatly uninformed. It's like they swallowed a hook 3 years ago and have never spit it out. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I shudder when reading FB, Twitter or other comments from otherwise intelligent people who are so greatly uninformed. It's like they swallowed a hook 3 years ago and have never spit it out. 

FULL DISCLOSURE:  as a businessman (43 years and still going) to a businessman, I absolutely loathed him......HATED him pompous, arrogant condescending style to NO end...won't even bother with his business practices which is for another day from my research...I've ALWAYS treated people the way I want to be treated and the rewards have been endless...HOWEVER, the "Good 'Ol Boyz Political Fraternity" was NEVER prepared for what this Washington OUTSIDER would do to their network....play by THEIR rules?...LMAO....irascible, obnoxious, bodacious,condescending and "refined"?......um...oh...er...well...NOT......did the "Fraternity" need to be exposed for graft, corruption, partisanship, et al,?.......YOU BET.....and it is getting BETTER......peddling the "world's greatest democracy" to corrupt governments worldwide?.....um...ok........

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

FULL DISCLOSURE:  as a businessman (43 years and still going) to a businessman, I absolutely loathed him......HATED him pompous, arrogant condescending style to NO end...won't even bother with his business practices which is for another day from my research...I've ALWAYS treated people the way I want to be treated and the rewards have been endless...HOWEVER, the "Good 'Ol Boyz Political Fraternity" was NEVER prepared for what this Washington OUTSIDER would do to their network....play by THEIR rules?...LMAO....irascible, obnoxious, bodacious,condescending and "refined"?......um...oh...er...well...NOT......did the "Fraternity" need to be exposed for graft, corruption, partisanship, et al,?.......YOU BET.....and it is getting BETTER......peddling the "world's greatest democracy" to corrupt governments worldwide?.....um...ok........

His public persona does not lend itself to the kind of person I'd want have as a friend. No mild mannered person acting presidential would ever be able to do what needs to be done and have the support of so many people as Trumps does. I think he's the right man in the right place at the right time. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

His public persona does not lend itself to the kind of person I'd want have as a friend. No mild mannered person acting presidential would ever be able to do what needs to be done and have the support of so many people as Trumps does. I think he's the right man in the right place at the right time. 

...good call...EXACTLY  the origin of the hatred and vitriol before us today.....FOR ME? perfect timing........

50 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Information warfare. That’s why I felt it so important to get ahead of that down here — if only to give this board (and myself) a fighting chance of dodging that fate. 

:beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

To an extent Trump is doing that, trying to clean up the stench but the stench outnumbers him by A LOT.  Trump unfortunately has so much baggage of his own and is so easily not liked that he's an easy target of the stench.

In discussions with friends and family I've said that we really need just 5 people to make Washington work much better.  You need a President and leaders of the House and Senate (majority and minority parties) to come together with some kind of common agenda and a determination to work together on some of the big important stuff.  Most of the rest of the minions will fall in line if the leadership asks for that.  Pipe dream I know. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1