The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

31 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Off topic a bit, but the impeach Obama thing made me wonder what happened to the Tea Party. That whole thing seemed to magically disappear.

Nothing magic about it. Obama weaponized institutions within the federal government (And media) to attack and silence his opposition. The tea party was his first victim. 

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Nothing magic about it. Obama weaponized institutions within the federal government (And media) to attack and silence his opposition. The tea party was his first victim. 

Really?? You know I appreciate your posts and this is all rec time for me, but the "right" has the number 1 cable news network(by a large margin) as well as prominent voices like Ben Shapiro(brilliant guy) and Candace Owens(vapid opportunist) all over Twitter talking about the issues du jour. Very little, if any talk about the deficit. You may be underestimating the import of SOCIAL "media" in terms of where news is consumed. I suppose the tax cuts will pay for themselves and we'll all get sick of winning, but still. What if that doesn't happen? 

Gotta have a thorough debate about this issue at some point because it's not sustainable.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Really?? You know I appreciate your posts and this is all rec time for me, but the "right" has the number 1 cable news network(by a large margin) as well as prominent voices like Ben Shapiro(brilliant guy) and Candace Owens(vapid opportunist) all over Twitter talking about the issues du jour. Very little, if any talk about the deficit. You may be underestimating the import of SOCIAL "media" in terms of where news is consumed. I suppose the tax cuts will pay for themselves and we'll all get sick of winning, but still. What if that doesn't happen? 

Gotta have a thorough debate about this issue at some point because it's not sustainable.

Don’t mistake me, my answer was not about the deficit at all (we don’t disagree there, though I’m not an economist and thus listen much more than contribute on those topics as a general ). I was simply addressing the top part of your post because I’m guessing you’re unaware of that bit of history. 

(*Not because of anything having to do with you, but due to the fact the media didn’t cover that much at all outside the right leaning outlets) 

:beer: 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

....right out of the "Dynasty's Playbook".......they trained him well......................

11 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

while Fox may have the number 1 rated primetime viewership, if you add MSNBC's and CNN's together, they out do or at the very least, equal what Fox gets. additionally, let's not forget that every single nightly news network program (the 6 o'clock news) far out paced any single cable show on Fox. not to mention that all three network news programs are decidedly liberal in their narrative.

the Conservative presence on Twitter is but a fraction of the entire Liberalverse there as well.

14 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Republicans are only fiscal conservatives when out of power.  In power they are Democrat-lite

Disagree with the next step is cutting entitlements.  The next step is 401k confiscation, err I mean federal oversight of individual retirement plans

....we had our Corporate Tax Planning for year end on Monday with our accountants.....they floated some potential changes affecting individuals if Dems regain Senate and WH...it was NOT pretty......probably make you direct deposit your check in the US Treasury and they'll send you back what they think you need to survive............

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....we had our Corporate Tax Planning for year end on Monday with our accountants.....they floated some potential changes affecting individuals if Dems regain Senate and WH...it was NOT pretty......probably make you direct deposit your check in the US Treasury and they'll send you back what they think you need to survive............

Tax return line 1:  how much income did you make this year?

tax return line 2: send it all

Just now, row_33 said:

Tax return line 1:  how much income did you make this year?

tax return line 2: send it all

...repulsive isn't it?.......with my kids grown and now being a widower, I'd hate to tell you what I owed for 2018 despite massive "tax cuts for the rich".....and I am NOT....SMH.........

Just now, /dev/null said:

People wont pay their fair share will be lined up against the wall, am I right?

....yup...so far the "Execution Squad" is Blue Dress Bill, Hillary, Emmanuel, Begala, Sperling, Podesta, Carville, Blumenthal, Holder, Schiff, Schumer, Nadless, Omabacareless, et al...ALL in the best interest of the country......sounds more like the Gitmo Guest List to me..........

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

tax return line 4: if you can not remit the line 3 amount, your offspring will suffice.

send them to public school?  Their mind and soul will be theirs.

Edited by row_33
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Foxx said:

they will be schooled, no doubt. however, they really don't want them educated.

friends son had to fill out an “opinion survey” for a Social Studies class in 2nd year of high school

it asked all kinds of intrusive questions 

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

friends son had to fill out an “opinion survey” for a Social Studies class in 2nd year of high school

it asked all kinds of intrusive questions 

....comforting to know our HONORABLE bastions of the US Democracy, a/k/a FBI, DOJ, CIA, NSA et al would NEVER (COUGH) use the info to delve deeper..........Comey told me........

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....comforting to know our HONORABLE bastions of the US Democracy, a/k/a FBI, DOJ, CIA, NSA et al would NEVER (COUGH) use the info to delve deeper..........Comey told me........

he has trained his son well to be very suspicious of this stuff, it will all go down on the permanent record

the fun thing is the Toronto region is loaded with immigrant families who are extremely conservative