The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

10 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

In all fairness, the Republicans would have pounced on any chance to impeach Obama. POUNCED. I fully believe there would have been a strong push to impeach for precisely what Trump did. Really do. I don't think either side is capable of realizing how similarly they operate.

Let's say Trump is re-elected, McConnell is still Senate majority leader, and RBG were to buy the farm in Trump's last year. You think Mitch is gonna play it the same way he played the Garland nomination?

Politics is an ugly business. Just is.

Except in six years they had those chances, and they didn't.  Not only that, they explicitly stated they wouldn't because it would strengthen Obama politically, and they were better off working through normal Congressional checks and balances.  And that's despite having a case for "obstruction of Congress" and "abuse of power" that was easily as strong as the case against Trump.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Neither can they

In all fairness, you're not a regular here so you probably don't see the ironic humor in using an often mocked Narrative as your argument

Republicans, Pounce!!! :lol:

Alright. Now I'm curious.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Albwan said:

They are idiots, they didn't plan beyond their ceremonial cultist vote night celebration.

I bet that night they also sacrificed a lamb backstage.

See the source image

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

MSM is well known for headlines like: Democrats Vote To Kill Children Up To The Age of Five, Republicans Pounce!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

See the source image

MSM is well known for headlines like: Democrats Vote To Kill Children Up To The Age of Five, Republicans Pounce!

Must be some kind of liberal, subconscious tick. I used it not once, but twice and threw in ALL CAPS for good measure.

Anyways, go Bills!

8 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Basically whenever a Republican calls out something stupid a Democrat says or does, the MSM spins the story as Republicans pounce

If you want a laugh, there's a search feature in the upper right corner of TSW.   Search for pounce and browse the PPP results

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Except in six years they had those chances, and they didn't.  Not only that, they explicitly stated they wouldn't because it would strengthen Obama politically, and they were better off working through normal Congressional checks and balances.  And that's despite having a case for "obstruction of Congress" and "abuse of power" that was easily as strong as the case against Trump.

”Obstruction of Congress” in this context, isn’t even a thing.

The Executive is not subordinate to the Legislature.  Democrats are trying to pretend that Congress has direct oversight of the President, and that the Court has no role in the process.

Impeachment is not a legitimate Constitutional alternative to SCOTUS ruling on the dispute.  It’s an end run around the Court’s legitimate role which Democrats are attempting because they know 1) their case is laughably flimsy, 2) they’re trying to avoid scrutiny of their malfeasance which produced this situation, 3) they needed an immediate headline result for political reasons, and 4) they knew they’d lose in the Court.

It’s all one big dangerous shitshow.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

”Obstruction of Congress” in this context, isn’t even a thing.

The Executive is not subordinate to the Legislature.  Democrats are trying to pretend that Congress has direct oversight of the President, and that the Court has no role in the process.

Impeachment is not a legitimate Constitutional alternative to SCOTUS ruling on the dispute.  It’s an end run around the Court’s legitimate role which Democrats are attempting because they know 1) their case is laughably flimsy, 2) they’re trying to avoid scrutiny of their malfeasance which produced this situation, 3) they needed an immediate headline result for political reasons, and 4) they knew they’d lose in the Court.

It’s all one big dangerous shitshow.

Which is why I put "obstruction of Congress" in quotes.  It wouldn't have been a thing Obama could have been impeached for, except under the current standards Democrats have set.

Which is what makes it the one big dangerous shitshow.

33 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Basically whenever a Republican calls out something stupid a Democrat says or does, the MSM spins the story as Republicans pounce

If you want a laugh, there's a search feature in the upper right corner of TSW.   Search for pounce and browse the PPP results

Or just google "Republicans pounce."  And you get stories like https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/02/13/the_republican_pouncing_problem_139448.html.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Foxx said:

they need to prevent the end result of a journey they initiated?

Politically, they are trying not to fly the plane into the mountain. The only way Pelosi can do that it by not sending this to the Senate and declaring "victory" on an impeachment that she knew would go through but without the conviction.

23 hours ago, Foxx said:

try this... stop breathing.

let me know how you make out.

Try this: Think critically about our president and see both sides. Your tunnel vision is embarrassing. 

5 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Politically, they are trying not to fly the plane into the mountain. The only way Pelosi can do that it by not sending this to the Senate and declaring "victory" on an impeachment that she knew would go through but without the conviction.

lol, that ship has sailed, wouldn't you think?

5 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Try this: Think critically about our president and see both sides. Your tunnel vision is embarrassing. 

i see both sides clearly. there is corruption and graft on the one side and the attempts to root out the evil on the other. if you don't support the attempts to remove the corruption and graft, you support tyranny.

• Like (+1) 1

Trumps actions constantly live right up against the lines of impeachable grounds but from my view are not clearly impeachable.  Therefore they shouldn’t have been brought up by Democrats.  Mistake.

What gives me sympathy for the man (Trump)  which is a hard thing to do because from a personal level I don’t like the guy is that the media has gone from being biased to completely devoid of impartiality and have bankrupted themselves from their journalistic responsibilities.

I haven’t seen hardly any coverage of the FISA judge rebuke of the FBI, the way they reported the Horowitz findings with headlines blaring “no political” bias as being their main takeaway is embarrassing.   The main finding was that the FBI screwed up and improperly investigated a presidential candidate.

And to this day it’s almost unbelievable how wrong they got it with the Russian collusion deal and they simply don’t care. 

Objective journalism is dead, the for profit model of pandering to each party’s base is what drives it. Those that report objectively have no core following, therefore it’s not good business and that is lamentable.

In regards to Nancy’s gambit to withhold the impeachment articles is yet another stupid decision on their part.   Does she really think that she is going to outmaneuver Mitch?   Mitch has the leverage and even though I know he isn’t popular with the base the dude is a political wizard and he’s laughing while this clown show from house democrats.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Trumps actions constantly live right up against the lines of impeachable grounds but from my view are not clearly impeachable.  Therefore they shouldn’t be brought by the Democrats.

What gives me sympathy for the man which is a hard thing to do because from a personal level I don’t like the guy is that the media has gone from being biased to completely devoid of impartiality and have bankrupted themselves from their journalistic responsibilities.

I haven’t seen hardly any coverage of the FISA judge rebuke of the FBI, the way they reported the Horowitz findings with headlines blaring “no political” bias as being their main takeaway is embarrassing.   The main finding was that the FBI screwed up and improperly investigated a presidential candidate.

And to this day it’s almost unbelievable how wrong they got it with the Russian collusion deal and they simply don’t care. 

Objective journalism is dead, the for profit model of pandering to each party’s base is what drives it. Those that report objectively have no core following, therefore it’s not good business and that is lamentable.

In regards to Nancy’s gambit to withhold the impeachment articles is yet another stupid decision on their part.   Does she really think that she is going to outmaneuver Mitch?   Mitch has the leverage and even though I know he isn’t popular with the base the dude is a political wizard and he’s laughing while this clown show from house democrats.

...if I remember correctly, he statement was, "found no EVIDENCE of political bias".......BUT...later on, I believe he qualified his statement as, "but I cannot rule out that it does not EXIST"......and this qualifier was pretty much swept under the rug ("convenient omission")...............a real shocker (COUGH)....