The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, now you believe him?

I agree with Trump on many things. Not on others. 

3 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Au Contraire. Not to influence opinion - but to mock, chide, and deride.

And reinforce the walls of your echo chamber. 

Memes work on you because they are catchy. 

Edited by John Adams

3 minutes ago, John Adams said:

I agree with Trump on many things. Not on others. 

At least it's a chamber.

Your echoes are entirely in your own head.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Doesn't this prove that Russians weren't successful in shaping the election results if they were simply preaching to the choir with their catchy memes?

• Like (+1) 1

How do you prove that Russian interference, which clearly happened, influenced a single vote? And if it did influence any votes, did it happen in districts where it would’ve made a difference?  

And if a few million dollars in Facebook ads was enough to overcome over $1 billion spent by Hillary…

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

How do you prove that Russian interference, which clearly happened, influenced a single vote? And if it did influence any votes, did it happen in districts where it would’ve made a difference?  

And if a few million dollars in Facebook ads was enough to overcome over $1 billion spent by Hillary…

The big difference between the Facebook ads and Hillary, though, is that people in Wisconsin saw the Facebook ads...

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

That's the modern lefty logic. It must always be due to some conspiracy. Some bad entity.  they must be a victim.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

That's the modern lefty logic. It must always be due to some conspiracy. Some bad entity.  they must be a victim.  

31 minutes ago, GG said:

Doesn't this prove that Russians weren't successful in shaping the election results if they were simply preaching to the choir with their catchy memes?

No one has any idea if the ads were effective or not. I didn't think back then that they swayed votes, mostly because I'd like to give people the benefit of the doubt that they didn't. Sitting here in 2020 and seeing how meme- and twitter-fied the influence game has become, maybe my opinion on that is changing. 

But whether they were successful or not, that they did it should be of concern. Most of this board, however, downplays and jokes about it like it was nothing.

Russia can be bad. And Trump cannot have colluded. Both are possible. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Oh, a Trump supporter talking about logic. :doh:

Run a long and play with your Tonka Trucks now. You pretend to run over Democratic women? 

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

You know it didn't change a single vote because the media hasn't put people on TV or otherwise interviewed any that will say they were duped by Russians.

Robert Epstein has done some research which suggests that google impacted millions of votes in Hillary's favor.

https://fairpress.net/dr-robert-epstein-on-googles-ability-to-affect-the-outcome-of-elections/

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, John Adams said:

No one has any idea if the ads were effective or not. I didn't think back then that they swayed votes, mostly because I'd like to give people the benefit of the doubt that they didn't. Sitting here in 2020 and seeing how meme- and twitter-fied the influence game has become, maybe my opinion on that is changing. 

But whether they were successful or not, that they did it should be of concern. Most of this board, however, downplays and jokes about it like it was nothing.

you better go check your temperature, i think you might be running a fever.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, John Adams said:

You tacitly admit that the ads aren't effective because you constantly make fun of internet memes.

If you were truly concerned about their meddling, you'd be more outraged that the country got hijacked by a wayward investigation of a President.   You seem to want credit for admitting that Russia interfered, but your actions certainly don't support your position that you really care about the true effects of that meddling, because then you'd have to admit that Greggy was right.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, GG said:

You tacitly admit that the ads aren't effective because you constantly make fun of internet memes.

What nonsense is this? 

I make fun of memes. And they are of course effective, otherwise they wouldn't be so widespread. 

54 minutes ago, GG said:

If you were truly concerned about their meddling, you'd be more outraged that the country got hijacked by a wayward investigation of a President. 

can

be 

concerned

about

both

Is this so hard to understand? This board's lack of concern and outright mockery of the Russian meddling is absurd, so I keep pointing it out. 

54 minutes ago, GG said:

You seem to want credit for admitting that Russia interfered, but your actions certainly don't support your position that you really care about the true effects of that meddling, because then you'd have to admit that Greggy was right.

Some bad actors pushed for positive results to an investigation and did their jobs poorly. He was right about that and now I've said it twice in response to your stupid assertion that I can't say it. Very few qualifiers on that, for your and his benefit. 

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Really?  The GM bankruptcy, the Chrysler bailout, the Paris Agreement, the ACA, DACA, NLRB appointments, abuse of Title IX. 

And that's just Obama.  

1 minute ago, John Adams said:

Is this so hard to understand? This board's lack of concern and outright mockery of the Russian meddling is absurd, so I keep pointing it out. 

Three million dollars in Facebook ads?

Yes, I'll mock that.  If American democracy can't survive three million in Facebook ads, we don't deserve democracy.  If Hillary couldn't fight off three million in Facebook ads, she didn't deserve to be President anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, John Adams said:

What nonsense is this? 

I make fun of memes. And they are of course effective, otherwise they wouldn't be so widespread. 

can

be 

concerned

about

both

Some bad actors pushed for positive results to an investigation and did their jobs poorly. He was right about that and now I've said it twice in response to your stupid assertion that I can't say it. Very few qualifiers on that, for your and his benefit. 

You can't have it both ways.

You can't claim that the catchy memes are perfect for like-minded thinkers and then claim that the memes can have can effect an election outcome.  For the latter to apply, memes also have to be effective to sway someone's mind, which I haven't seen you argue at all.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GG said:

You can't have it both ways.

You can't claim that the catchy memes are perfect for like-minded thinkers and then claim that the memes can have can effect an election outcome.  For the latter to apply, memes also have to be effective to sway someone's mind, which I haven't seen you argue at all.

Hey, they swayed Comey's mind.  The whole reason he gave a press conference about Clinton's email server and refused to recommend criminal prosecution is because Russian memes convinced him not to.

No, I'm not kidding.  Look it up.  :wacko: