The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

Journos were bunked in the capitol’s hallways,

While visions of headlines entranced them like always.

Nance in her pantsuit, and Schiff in a tie,

Were prepping their openers should they testify.

When out on the grounds there arose such a clatter,

They ran from their office to check on the matter.

Away to the window they flew like a nutter,

Shiff’s neck a wobblin’, Nance all a sputter.

When, what to their wondering eyes should arise,

But a black limousine, and eight Russian spies.

With a hardy old driver, so clever and plump,

They knew in a moment it must be Don Trump.

More rapid than SEAL teams his champions they came,

And he whistled, and tweeted, and call’d them by name:

“Now! Nunes, now! Jordan, now! Gaetz and Stefanik,

“On! Lindsey, on! Bill Barr, on! Collins and Gohmert.”

“To the top of the stairs! to the top of the dome!

Now dash away! dash away! dash away home!”

So up the rotunda his coursers they flew,

With a carful of voters - and the president too.

And then in a twinkling, they heard from upstairs,

Mass clicking of keyboards as Trump’s team prepared.

As Schiff steadied his head, and then spun on his heel,

The limo appeared with Trump at the wheel

He was dressed to the nines, from his head to his toe,

With a button that flashed “there was no quid pro quo.”

Firing tweets at incredible speed,

He called out Dems and their sad, pointless screeds.

His eyes flashing brightly, his coif was perfection,

Still fit as a fiddle for his re-election.

A wry, knowing grin on his clean shaven face,

He wagged his ring finger at Dems in disgrace.

A white, well-worn smart phone held tight in his hand,

He tweeted out memes and sincere reprimands.

He held all the cards, and Democrats knew it,

Witch hunts! Impeachments! Dems totally blew it.

Trump did what he said, all promises kept,

Schiff and Pelosi bowed deeply and wept.

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,

Soon gave Dems to know they had plenty to dread.

Trump spoke a few words, then went straight to his work,

Emptied their stockings; then turned with a smirk.

And laying his finger on top of his phone,

Proclaimed that D.C. was a witch hunt-free zone.

He sprung to his car, to the voters he tweeted,

“Victory’s ours! Dems will be defeated!”

And they heard him exclaim, ere he mocked their lame sham,

“Happy Christmas to all from your fav Uncle Sam!”

Thank You Michele   

• Haha (+1) 1

just listening to the whole rules committee hearing today, it yet again strikes me. time after time i hear the Dems try to get the Repubs to admit that if 'this and this, then that'. as an example... Scanlon keeps trying to get Collins to say that if Trump has delayed aid to Israel to get a personal, political favor, would that have been an abuse of power. what i fail to hear from the Repubs is what should be the basis of their argument against any such, 'this and this then that' argument... the understanding of a 'favor' that you Dems want to put forward is not, in any way agreed with. instead they play the Dems game by lending validity to any of their 'this and this' argument. that argument needs to be undercut because the underlying premise of all their arguments are flawed in concept.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Call for a mistrial? Do these dipschiffs not understand that the Senate sets the rules for the trial, period. There is no judicial review; there is no appeal.

Edit:

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Call for a mistrial? Do these dipschiffs not understand that the Senate sets the rules for the trial, period. There is no judicial review; there is no appeal.

No, they don't.  They expect due process to be properly followed...

I even managed to type that with a straight face.

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

just listening to the whole rules committee hearing today, it yet again strikes me. time after time i hear the Dems try to get the Repubs to admit that if 'this and this, then that'. as an example... Scanlon keeps trying to get Collins to say that if Trump has delayed aid to Israel to get a personal, political favor, would that have been an abuse of power. what i fail to hear from the Repubs is what should be the basis of their argument against any such, 'this and this then that' argument... the understanding of a 'favor' that you Dems want to put forward is not, in any way agreed with. instead they play the Dems game by lending validity to any of their 'this and this' argument. that argument needs to be undercut because the underlying premise of all their arguments are flawed in concept.

We're still going with "personal political favor" when all the evidence points to it being properly formulated foreign policy that a group of entrenched senior bureaucratic staff simply disagreed with?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, they don't.  They expect due process to be properly followed...

I even managed to type that with a straight face.

We're still going with "personal political favor" when all the evidence points to it being properly formulated foreign policy that a group of entrenched senior bureaucratic staff simply disagreed with?

Depends on what the definition of "us" is.

CHUCK SCHUMER’S IMPEACHMENT MOAN THROWS HOUSE DEMS UNDER THE BUS

House Democrats are highly unlikely to follow Larry Tribe’s suggestion that they decline to transmit their articles of impeachment to the Senate for a trial. Thus, Senate Democrats will need a trial strategy.

Byron York tell us that a major part of the strategy will be to demand more information. What information? Mainly testimony from past and present administration officials like Mick Mulvaney and John Bolton. Possibly grand jury testimony from the Mueller investigation, as well.

The House could have held off on impeaching Presdient Trump while seeking these forms of evidence in court. However, House Democrats were in a hurry.

The Senate Democrats mantra can be summed up in a comment by Chuck Schumer. He said:”To engage in a trial without the facts coming out is to engage in a cover-up.”

This statement can be turned around as follows: “To impeach a president before the facts have come out is a disgrace.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Depends on what the definition of "us" is.

Considering Trump refers to "the country" in the very next independent clause of the same sentence, I'm going to guess that "us" means "the country."

Impeachment is being led by a bunch of *****-ups who failed seventh-grade English.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Recusal my azz. That ship got sunk after Sessions fell on his sword. Trump will not allow any more ***** recusals. It’s time to crush these Leftist slime balls for good. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Considering Trump refers to "the country" in the very next independent clause of the same sentence, I'm going to guess that "us" means "the country."

Impeachment is being led by a bunch of *****-ups who failed seventh-grade English.  

I know that and you know that...