Willis McGahee...

Jimbo did one right after he got a concussion for Advil or something else. It was funny in a way and he was supposed to fly the Monday morning after the game to make the commercial, but it had to be delayed a day because of headaches.

User is online!Profile CardPM

didn't he also do an advil commercial with Jimmy Conners that tennis guy...I think that was the second Super Bowl year....man, good times

If Willis has an extraordinary year (top 5 rusher, yards, TDs) I bet Nike and Gatorade would be pounding down his door. Actually I'm surprised i'm not seeing him in advertisements already....He's got the perfect inspirational story to tell, and he's an awesome athlete.

Buffalo really needs WM to be an endorsement guy out there to draw interest in the team...Even in the glory years, I only remember Thurman Thomas having a Reebok crosstrainer shoe commercial (I bought that shoe)...I think it's time for Buffalo to get some air time

Concept: How awesome would it be to see WM ripping a long run at the Ralph against the Patriots...and then see "Just Do It"

301577[/snapback]

How many nationals ads does Ladainian Tomlinson have? I suspect Willis will have about as many. none.

If Willis has ambitions of doing the kind of endorsement work and commercials that Michael Jordon was known for, he's going to have to hire a coach to help him sound more articulate. Michael Jordan has a very presentable public persona and a pleasant, articulate way of speaking. Willis doesn't.

How many nationals ads does Ladainian Tomlinson have?  I suspect Willis will have about as many. none.

301873[/snapback]

LT has at least 2 i can think of. There was one where the team was stretching and the equipment guy kept accidentally firing off the cannon, scaring the cheerleaders. I think it a Madden commercial

And more recently, he was one of the headliners for the new Nike Pro Apparel which is competing against UnderArmor. You know, the one with the weird masks?

Edit....plus he had one for ESPN the magazine. The ones where they claimed the magazine could read minds.

Edited by BART at ND

Jimbo did one right after he got a concussion for Advil or something else.  It was funny in a way and he was supposed to fly the Monday morning after the game to make the commercial, but it had to be delayed a day because of headaches.

Jim did commercials for Nuprin.

Concept: How awesome would it be to see WM ripping a long run at the Ralph against the Patriots...and then see "Just Do It"

301577[/snapback]

Here's what I'm thinking...

Spliced throughout these scenes would be footage of Willis working out hard.

SCENE ONE: Willis knee being destroyed in NCAA Championship against OSU with announcers saying "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD."

SCENE TWO: Collage of coaches, players, and reporters saying "he can't do it" when asked if they think WM would make a comback.

SCENE THREE: Willis breaking a huge run at the Ralph against the Pats, scoring a TD, jumping into the crowd. Camera pans to him and he says "I Just Did It."

JUST DO IT

Cut. That's a rap. I know ... I'm good. This is what I do. :P

How many nationals ads does Ladainian Tomlinson have? I suspect Willis will have about as many. none.

LT also plays on the West Coast, it's the same reason many other guys who put up huge numbers don't get national ads. Just by playing on the East Coast, WM has an edge on LT in terms of marketability. I'd say if he leads the league in rushing next season, he also gets another edge because of the comeback he made from that horrendous knee injury in the National Championship game.