Willis McGahee...

If Willis has an extraordinary year (top 5 rusher, yards, TDs) I bet Nike and Gatorade would be pounding down his door. Actually I'm surprised i'm not seeing him in advertisements already....He's got the perfect inspirational story to tell, and he's an awesome athlete.

Buffalo really needs WM to be an endorsement guy out there to draw interest in the team...Even in the glory years, I only remember Thurman Thomas having a Reebok crosstrainer shoe commercial (I bought that shoe)...I think it's time for Buffalo to get some air time

Concept: How awesome would it be to see WM ripping a long run at the Ralph against the Patriots...and then see "Just Do It"

I'm hoping Willis gets to do some sort of ad...or any Bill to be completely honest.

The glory year-Bills had some commercials. I believe they had a Snickers one or something. With Marv at a chalk board saying "We won't leave this room until we find out how to win the Super Bowl." Then it showed Kelly, Bruce, Thurman and others all sighing in a room. Then the announcer came in with "Not going anywhere in a while..."

Guest BackInDaDay
If Willis has an extraordinary year (top 5 rusher, yards, TDs) I bet Nike and Gatorade would be pounding down his door. Actually I'm surprised i'm not seeing him in advertisements already....He's got the perfect inspirational story to tell, and he's an awesome athlete.

Buffalo really needs WM to be an endorsement guy out there to draw interest in the team...Even in the glory years, I only remember Thurman Thomas having a Reebok crosstrainer shoe commercial (I bought that shoe)...I think it's time for Buffalo to get some air time

Concept: How awesome would it be to see WM ripping a long run at the Ralph against the Patriots...and then see "Just Do It"

301577[/snapback]

Hope admen are beating his door down next year, as long as they're not selling medical equipment. :(

301577[/snapback]

how the heck did Mike Mexico get all his endorsements, like the Mike Vick experience??? He really has not done much of anything. Amazing how they just throw money at certain athletes. Serves them right that the whole Ron Mexico story surfaced. HAHA!!!

I bet no one wants to take a ride on the old Mike Vick experience now. His little brother laughs at him now.

Guest BackInDaDay
how the heck did Mike Mexico get all his endorsements, like the Mike Vick experience??? He really has not done much of anything. Amazing how they just throw money at certain athletes. Serves them right that the whole Ron Mexico story surfaced. HAHA!!!

I bet no one wants to take a ride on the old Mike Vick experience now. His little brother laughs at him now.

301595[/snapback]

What's the deal with Vick? (Been a pretty busy weekend.)

He'd need to be the NFL leading rusher this year to start getting endorsements, and even then he should ignore them, pay attention to his goals and keep trying to succeed. Do that and the rest will fall into line.

Also, having heard McGahee speak, he may want to avoid commercials right now or he'll end up like Rocky Balboa dressed in a caveman's outfit trying to sell aftershave.

Hope admen are beating his door down next year, as long as they're not selling medical equipment.  :(

301588[/snapback]

Jimbo did one right after he got a concussion for Advil or something else. It was funny in a way and he was supposed to fly the Monday morning after the game to make the commercial, but it had to be delayed a day because of headaches.

I can't be the only one who remembers Denis Hopper as the referee in the Bad Things commercial with Bruce Smith?

301630[/snapback]

Sure...I remember that.

Hey...isn't Willis a big PS2 guy. What's the chance he makes the cover of Madden 2006?

I can't be the only one who remembers Denis Hopper as the referee in the Bad Things commercial with Bruce Smith?

301630[/snapback]

Remember it well.

(Vick: www.thesmokinggun.com)

Im not sure if there will ever be "the next Jordan" of endorsements.  Willis can get good endorsements, but IMO to envision Willis in the same breath as Jordan is a bit premature to say the least.

301703[/snapback]

Really? You mean it's not realistic to compare a guy playing a sport with 53 guys on the roster, who hasn't started a season as the number 1 player at his position to one of the greatest American athletes of all time?

Really?  You mean it's not realistic to compare a guy playing a sport with 53 guys on the roster, who hasn't started a season as the number 1 player at his position to one of the greatest American athletes of all time?

301756[/snapback]

Hey, be nice to Clements22, man. After all, it's bad enough he's going to have to change his username after we trade Nate to the Skins for their top three picks of the 2008 draft... :(

Even in the glory years, I only remember Thurman Thomas having a Reebok crosstrainer shoe commercial (I bought that shoe)...I think it's time for Buffalo to get some air time

301577[/snapback]

Don't you remember the McDonalds CB Triple? He could eat 97 of them...