Henry shelton deal done??

According to a couple of poster`s on the cardinal message board ..this deal is done,with us possibly swapping third`s or  getting their 3rd ..go to NFL .com and hit on the cardinal`s ..go from there :(

301298[/snapback]

That would be very good news and if it's true I say thank-you Travis for playing with a broken leg and being a team player (up to January) :doh:

According to a couple of poster`s on the cardinal message board ..this deal is done,with us possibly swapping third`s or  getting their 3rd ..go to NFL .com and hit on the cardinal`s ..go from there :(

301298[/snapback]

According to a couple posters on the Cardinals message board... They will win the SB this year.

0 cred. I'll wait for the official call, thanks anyway

Jeff

Looks like a Bills troll started the rumor. I'll believe it when I see it.

301313[/snapback]

I agree Mark, call me skeptical but I'll wait to see a press release on this one! Remember when the rumor started that Rob Johnson was released in favor of keeping Flutie!?! :(

Thats what we call a "crap" rumor.  I'm actually somewhat ashamed of the Bills fans who are on that board, they give the rest of us bad names.

301342[/snapback]

Here's the guy who originated it: A regular on buffalobills.com and one who they think is pretty reliable.

buffalobills.com

Breaking news from the Research Triangle Region of NC......

A massive pile up on I-40 was triggered this morning when a group of Hell's Angels collided with an animal transport truck and an ice transport vehicle. The resulting pandelerium caused pigs to fly and hells froze over....

I heard from a confidential source that eating lots of McDonald's super size meals will make you fat.....I also heard TD told the truth once during the month leading up to the draft. Twelve years ago he stated that Bill Cowher had a rare disease called jet jaw that will prove fatal over time. Cowher was so upset that he eventually got TD fired....

The guy who started the rumor on bb.com said he is studying to be a sports agent someday. He got a good start on his apprenticeship by spreading his first whooper...

I agree Mark, call me skeptical but I'll wait to see a press release on this one! Remember when the rumor started that Rob Johnson was released in favor of keeping Flutie!?! :(

301322[/snapback]

Yeah, you're right...expect WGR to pick this up and run with it...Facts be damned the guy seems to be speaking with authority...

That thread is funny:

Fiasco: You need Shelton more then we need Henry

GM: No we don't but Shelton would give the Bills one of the leagues biggest lines

Fiasco: If you don't need him then why did you say he would give you one of the best lines?

GM: I said biggest, not best

Fiasco: I was ignoring you.

:(

Guest BackInDaDay
Breaking news from the Research Triangle Region of NC......

A massive pile up on I-40 was triggered this morning when a group of Hell's Angels collided with an animal transport truck and an ice transport vehicle.  The resulting pandelerium caused pigs to fly and hells froze over....

I heard from a confidential source that eating lots of McDonald's super size meals will make you fat.....I also heard TD told the truth once during the month leading up to the draft.  Twelve years ago he stated that Bill Cowher had a rare disease called jet jaw that will prove fatal over time.  Cowher was so upset that he eventually got TD fired....

The guy who started the rumor on bb.com said he is studying to be a sports agent someday.  He got a good start on his apprenticeship by spreading his first whooper...

301416[/snapback]

Good stuff! :(

I suppose we'll see if this guy is full of BS or not in the next 2-3 days then...

301724[/snapback]

My money is on BS but that will be difficult to prove. The only thing really said with any authority is that we are trading Travis for Shelton. My mother could make that prediction and wouldn't need an inside source to do it. The use of the phrase "done deal" is suspicous to me as it always seems to be the declaration of choice by hoaxers. I claim that just based on my experience with this kind of thing and as a lawyer who has cross examined thousands of lying sacks.

The second prediction is amorphous enough that no matter what actually happens, the hoaxster can say "well....I never said it was definite". There is nothing they can be pinned down on.

Why would the source be willing to blab about the trade but yet not willing to "leak" the info regarding the third round swap stuff? Makes no sense. This source has no discretion or they wouldn't be leaking anything to begin with. Given their lack of discretion, why withold the info on the less than consequential details of a third round swap? If this inside source is real, isn't it likely that he told this poster the info in confidence, a confidence the poster clearly, if we believe what they say, betrayed? Why should we trust a person who is willing to betray a friend? They are either lying to us or betraying a friend's confidence. Either way, they are a jerk.

It seems to me that the Henry for Shelton trade is certain enough for this hoaxster to risk making this bold "prediction" but the details regarding what additional compensation the trade might include are too numerous for the hoaxster to even try to guess so they couch that "prediction" in uncertainty offering only the nonsensical explanation that the leaker wouldn't leak the small stuff, just the big stuff on the trade itself. They predict what everyone anticipates happening and make a non-prediction prediction as to the details. Plausible deniability. If the trade doesn't happen, I bet they post something along the lines that the third round swap part was the sticking point that unexpectedly killed the deal.

If you remember some of the past leaks of "inside info" that turned out to be BS that have turned up on the board now and then, there is a pattern and this one fits that pattern.

I suppose we'll see if this guy is full of BS or not in the next 2-3 days then...

301724[/snapback]

That's why I'll post my personal guarantee that it will happen...here. When 2-3 days pass, I will say there's a hitch holding things up. And Hell, if it doesn't happen I can always say something unforeseen came up! At the same time I will be guaranteeing that the deal is dead over at BillsZone. Don't really need delay tactics there, except maybe some spin control if there's some indication from Donahoe and/or Green that it's still alive. This way I'm guaranteed to look like an insider/genius on one board. On the other, I'll still be a moron, but no loss there!

SO mark my words, this will happen, unless something unforeseen comes up, in 2-3 days!