Not a good day for ex-NFL players

Two sad stories...

I went to an Arena Football game a few weeks ago, with my girlfriend and a some married friends of ours. I remember my friend's wife saying, on a few occaisions, "this game is kind of nuts, somebody is going to get killed out there". I thought she was just being silly. Wow, that is tough. You hate to think of someone dying while trying to entertain people. I figured, if this were a death in the game, it would be a wide reciever. Those guys get nailed, hockey style, against the boards, and fall on a very hard field....very sad...

Strange thing I just asked someone(after hearing about the girl who died boxing) how many football players actually died playing football. I could not think of one. Dennis Byrd was the last one I rememder who had a serious head injury.

Strange thing I just asked someone(after hearing about the girl who died boxing) how many football players actually died playing football. I could not think of one. Dennis Byrd was the last one I rememder who had a serious head injury.

301550[/snapback]

It happened early in the 20th century (before the NCAA was formed). 18 players died in one season (1905). That is when the President (Roosevelt) stepped in and threatened to abolish the sport if steps were not taken to improve safety.

I am not sure of any other deaths since those reforms, but it is possible.

a former Bill going nutz and trying to kill someone?  nah, such a thing could never happen

i wonder if he was driving a white bronco...

301933[/snapback]

Didn't you hear? The glove used in those murders didn't fit OJ. He's innocent.