Trent Murphy talks playing his old team; “fresh meat” rookie QBs

YoloinOhio

59 minutes ago, MJS said:

I remember when posters here criticized me for suggesting that Murphy was only an average defensive end when we signed him. So many were sure that he would become a dominant force.

Well, it seems the Redskins were right to not resign him. He's a rotational player at best.

Now we've come full circle and posters here are saying Murphy is trash and they don't want him on the field. That's way too extreme. Murphy is just average. He isn't great, he isn't terrible.

The question will be if they want to pay him $8 million next year..

I would prefer to put that towards a better replacement in 2020 when we think the Bills Super Bowl window is open for business..

7 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Ethan, do ya need a tissue? As the most moral man on this planet you must be in a constant state of disappointment, being your own example of purity has not been followed by the rest of the planets population. Life’s a B-T-H aye...    calm your soul man, find something important to be upset about, then do more than rant, thanks, nuthin but love,

Go Bills!!!

You interpreted my post wrong. I don't care about character as long as it is not involving abuse.  All I care about is football skills. Murphy has none. He is obviously a product of PEDs. But Beane and McD state repeatedly they want the right type of guys. Murphy is a cheat.  He is being outplayed every week by Lawson. But yet he still starts. 

It's the fatal flaw of McD, he sticks with guys that are underperforming too long - Zay, Peterman, DiMarco, Lorax, and KB. It takes Beane trading them to move them along.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I remember when posters here criticized me for suggesting that Murphy was only an average defensive end when we signed him. So many were sure that he would become a dominant force.

Well, it seems the Redskins were right to not resign him. He's a rotational player at best.

Now we've come full circle and posters here are saying Murphy is trash and they don't want him on the field. That's way too extreme. Murphy is just average. He isn't great, he isn't terrible.

He's not even average. But he is high motor...

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

DE is a big concern next season with Shaq most likely moving on... haven’t really been impressed with Murphy’s play and I think it’s hard to justify paying him next season even though they have limited depth 

Also I believe Jerry hasn’t been playing as well as last year and he is not getting any younger.. 

I think they need to target a big name in FA (Ngakoue maybe) and draft another one early..

I could easily see all 3 gone next year. Murphy & Shaq for sure....

21 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

I feel like pass rush potential should be undeniable first, and then after that you find ways to get a player free to the QB.

Johnson seems to have a natural feel for rushing the QB that Murphy doesn't...gotta get productive players on the field, I feel.

I agree with you. I see they move don from Peko and activated Taylor.
Keep tweaking McBeanes. long way to go yet to dominate up front

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/2/2019 at 11:44 AM, LSHMEAB said:

There's actually truth here. The prevailing wisdom was that Murphy would produce if he could just stay on the field. So far, no good. He's healthy and NOT producing. 

At least there was that glimmer or HOPE coming into the season.

I just do not see Murphy as part of this team next year. We have to believe that he will be on that wave of players leaving.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup. Hated the signing from day one and I love Stanford players.  But he will have like 3 sacks tomorrow and then continue to do nothing the rest of the year.

It definitely is.  Hughes has averaged 5 sacks for the last 4 years.  He’s not that good.  We need an elite pass rusher for this defense to become a truly elite unit.

Sacks ARENT the ONLY way to measure efficiency

Hughes is a top 15 End in the world. Not an all pro but far from not that good

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sacks ARENT the ONLY way to measure efficiency

Hughes is a top 15 End in the world. Not an all pro but far from not that good

He is no longer getting the pressure he once was. But his hustle and focus is top notch.
great play awareness