(OT) LOST Article in EW this week

Just finished reading it. Nothing shocking, but still fun.

Though it did confirm my thoughts about Locke's fate... :devil:

300951[/snapback]

Uhmm, mayhaps you can put it in yellow font? Please and thank you.

And for the record, the preview says very clearly that the radio transmission Boone got back was "We're the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815." Sounds like Rose may not have been full o' sh--, but how did she know? It also shows Locke making a contortion as if he's been shot but there's no discernable wound that I can see....

Check your PMs......please.  :devil:

300959[/snapback]

Sorry, I was gone all afternoon, I just PMed you:)

Also, UConn, you want me to put what I think happens in Yellow font? It's just a hunch about what the preview showed...I don't know for sure.

Uhmm, mayhaps you can put it in yellow font? Please and thank you.

And for the record, the preview says very clearly that the radio transmission Boone got back was "We're the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815." Sounds like Rose may not have been full o' sh--, but how did she know? It also shows Locke making a contortion as if he's been shot but there's no discernable wound that I can see....

301058[/snapback]

I sure does look like Locke was shot in that preview, but then again, previews in the past have been VERY misleading. If he does get shot, I think Danielle does it to keep him from getting into the hatch.

I sure does look like Locke was shot in that preview, but then again, previews in the past have been VERY misleading.  If he does get shot, I think Danielle does it to keep him from getting into the hatch.

301067[/snapback]

As soon as I saw the clip I figured that it wouldn't be what we assume it to be. So I latched onto a theory (possibly a dumb one) about Locke and his role.

Here's what EW said:

"What's Locke's motive for keeping the hatch secret from the other castaways? 'His motive is revealed soon, ' says Linelof (Producer). 'Everything Locke does he believes is in the best interest of everybody. That's all I'll say.'"

What I took from the preview was that Locke was going to sacrifice himself for another. Basically, I think they are going to spend an episode or two building Locke up as this bad/malicious guy who is out for himself (that's already started I think) and then he is going to step in front of a bullet to save someone else (possibley someone who has been accusing him like Jack, Sayid or Sawyer)because he is a paternal figure...it was a guess, but that little snippet makes me think I'm on the right track....

TGREG, isn't this in contrast of what you believe? A few lost post back didn't you say that Locke purposely sent Boone to his death? I am confused. This article seems to state that Locke does what he does to help the others, not hurt them.

TGREG, isn't this in contrast of what you believe?  A few lost post back didn't you say that Locke purposely sent Boone to his death?  I am confused.  This article seems to state that Locke does what he does to help the others, not hurt them.

301089[/snapback]

Yes I did say that and still believe it to be true.

What the EW article says is Locke believes it to be in the best interest which doesn't necessarily mean it actually is...

I think Locke sacrificed Boone for himself first and formost. I also believe that he did it for the others on the island as well (because he believes the Hatch to be the key to everything). I never said Locke was evil, just human and weak (meaning he was willing to sacrifice someone else to get what he wants).

But if I'm right about why he apparently gets shot (and like I said, it's a TOTAL guess, I have no clue) it fits with what I stated a couple weeks ago because it would be his redemption (which everyone seemingly is looking for on the island).

Still, my guess is as good as anyones. The only ones who really know what the hell is going on is Fury and Abrams lol.

like I have always said, thats what makes this show so great.  And then coming here to discuss it.  Just glad you and others here to bounce ideas off of.

301139[/snapback]

Right back at ya.

Does anyone know when the next new episode is? I just heard "April". lol

I think Locke sacrificed Boone for himself first and formost. I also believe that he did it for the others on the island as well (because he believes the Hatch to be the key to everything). I never said Locke was evil, just human and weak (meaning he was willing to sacrifice someone else to get what he wants).

But if I'm right about why he apparently gets shot  (and like I said, it's a TOTAL guess, I have no clue) it fits with what I stated a couple weeks ago because it would be his redemption (which everyone seemingly is looking for on the island).

Still, my guess is as good as anyones. The only ones who really know what the hell is going on is Fury and Abrams lol.

301135[/snapback]

Utilitarian ethics at its finest, don't you know.... I don't think that theory is right. Locke isn't a good guy, but he's probably not ultimately going to be as bad a guy as a lot of people are thinking he is (including me).

Actually, the show is written week to week. And sometimes, day to day. When it was the hit it's turned out to be, I think Abrams' previous bible for the show turned into Genesis. It was originally designed for one season, and now JJA is talking six.

Does anyone know when the next new episode is? I just heard "April". lol

301146[/snapback]

The preview on TV said Wednesday. So I would assume that means this Wednesday. Altho the episode guide on TvTome said no new eps 'til May. So I can't make heads or tails of it.

Surprised no one has mentioned that in the profile of Sawyer they mention that originally the character was written to be from upstate NY - and the actor that plays him decided to "F-it" and not even attempt a "Buffalo" accent when trying out for the part, which he thought would sound contrived - he actually thinks that helped him get the role.

Surprised no one has mentioned that in the profile of Sawyer they mention that originally the character was written to be from upstate NY - and the actor that plays him decided to "F-it" and not even attempt a "Buffalo" accent when trying out for the part, which he thought would sound contrived - he actually thinks that helped him get the role.

301405[/snapback]

The Buffalo/WNY accent is near impossible to nail down unless you're from the area. It's not like there's one definitive WNY accent, like the Joisey pinched-nose one. Mix among Polish, Italian, spattering of Dutch....

They've done a lot of finagling of the cast from what it was originally going to be. Charlie was going to be an over-the-hill rock star, Jack was going to be killed off in the pilot.... It's worked for the best.

Just saw that the EW cover & article is actually in issue #815.

And to clear up, there are no "new" eps until 4 May. There's a refresher special that has the flashbacks played in order on 27 April.