This weeks injury report

TigerJ

Buffalo only has Maurice Alexander listed as out Corey Thompson is not even on the injury report, so he will be the first reserve in to give Milano (and probably Lorenzo Alexander) a breather or be available in case of injury.  Washington lists these starters as out:  Montae Nicholson at free safety, Vernon Davis at TE, and Case Keenum at QB.  In addition, Chris Thompson, Adrian Peterson's primary backup at running back is out as well as Deshazor Everett, a backup strong safety.  Buffalo lists four players as questionable: Nsekhe, Kurt Coleman, Cody Ford and Levi Wallace.  From the sounds of it (Chris Brown's practice report on One Bills Live) Ford and Wallace are more likely to play than not.  The one I find curious is Nsekhe.  He was reported as not practicing on Wednesday, but it was labeled as a rest day.  He practices fully on Thursday and Friday, yet is listed as questionable.  They are not telling us something, but I don't know what.

https://www.redskins.com/team/injury-report/   (the Redskins site has injury reports for both teams.  The Bills' site only lists Buffalo.)

Edited by TigerJ
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Buffalo only has Maurice Alexander listed as out Corey Thompson is not even on the injury report, so he will be the first reserve in to give Milano (and probably Lorenzo Alexander) a breather or be available in case of injury.  Washington lists these starters as out:  Montae Nicholson at free safety, Vernon Davis at TE, and Case Keenum at QB.  In addition, Chris Thompson, Adrian Peterson's primary backup at running back is out as well as Deshazor Everett, a backup strong safety.  Buffalo lists four players as questionable: Nsekhe, Kurt Coleman, Cody Ford and Levi Wallace.  From the sounds of it (Chris Brown's practice report on One Bills Live) Ford and Wallace are more likely to play than not.  The one I find curious is Nsekhe.  He was reported as not practicing on Wednesday, but it was labeled as a rest day.  He practices fully on Thursday and Friday, yet is listed as questionable.  They are not telling us something, but I don't know what.

https://www.redskins.com/team/injury-report/   (the Redskins site has injury reports for both teams.  The Bills' site only lists Buffalo.)

OK as a thread, but for future reference stuff like this is often in the pinned weekly thread.

4 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Nsekhe has been in and out of the lineup since our joint practice with the Panthers usually knee and/or ankle.

He was one of those high risk/high reward players and has had a checkered injury history. I think he keeps trying to go, but I cannot imagine trying to kick slide out to block speedy defensive ends on a bum ankle or knee.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

This team is pretty healthy seven weeks in.  Harrison Phillips has been our only big loss.

Indeed. And yet, what a loss it was! He was arguably the best player on our defensive line before he got hurt. A real shame.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Indeed. And yet, what a loss it was! He was arguably the best player on our defensive line before he got hurt. A real shame.

He appeared to be coming on strong (you know, flashing on tape) in the game or two before his injury, for sure. 

Your arguable claim might be a bit overstated, however...

Either way, his loss has been felt. True 1-technique guy who was coming on in a rotational role...and now the team is increasingly trying their 3-techs there to plug the leak that's been exposed. 

Bills are most definitely NOT a physically dominating front-7 on defense. They rely on the secondary to set the tone, and slow down/limit opposing offenses just enough to help them get home. Hope it works well moving forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, WideNine said:

Nsekhe has been in and out of the lineup since our joint practice with the Panthers usually knee and/or ankle.

He was one of those high risk/high reward players and has had a checkered injury history. I think he keeps trying to go, but I cannot imagine trying to kick slide out to block speedy defensive ends on a bum ankle or knee.

Nsekhe was the perfect signing to compliment Ford. Nsekhe was never going to be able to play a 16 game season every snap. 

Now losing Ford and Nsekhe both would mean Bates has to step up big. If Ford and Nsekhe are questionable it may mean Bates gets the nod to be active. 

At this point, the only value to these reports is to see who is actually "OUT."

It's one thing that McD is good at (because he took a page from Bill Belichick) ... other than those who are OUT, no one really knows exactly how questionable the others are.

I personally love it.

• Like (+1) 1