Joe B. All-22 Review of Bills-Eagles : Star was best Bills player on the front 7

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, GG said:

Just for kicks what makes you believe that I’m not interested in the answer given the back and forth in these threads.

Because this all started when I explained that Lotulelei is not, in fact, the weak link on the d line. I showed you how he's actually the focal point of how they operate. I gave you video, history, game film, coaches tape, play and assignment breakdowns...the whole 9. And instead of considering an adjustment to your very clearly incorrect takes on the defensive line in general, you doubled down behind a wall of misdirections and bon mots. 

Here-

Q4_tired.gif

Lotulelei not on the field...you'll notice they don't feel compelled to double anybody. So: no Star means they don't have to double which means RG gets on Edmunds immediately. Peko wiped out 1v1. Ends up on his back 20 yards upfield. One of the many reasons Peko is an enormous drop off. He's smaller, doesn't have as strong a base, and gets moved too far off his spot when engaged by two blockers. He's simply a vastly inferior player to Lotulelei. 

32 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Because this all started when I explained that Lotulelei is not, in fact, the weak link on the d line. I showed you how he's actually the focal point of how they operate. I gave you video, history, game film, coaches tape, play and assignment breakdowns...the whole 9. And instead of considering an adjustment to your very clearly incorrect takes on the defensive line in general, you doubled down behind a wall of misdirections and bon mots. 

Here-

Q4_tired.gif

Lotulelei not on the field...you'll notice they don't feel compelled to double anybody. So: no Star means they don't have to double which means RG gets on Edmunds immediately. Peko wiped out 1v1. Ends up on his back 20 yards upfield. One of the many reasons Peko is an enormous drop off. He's smaller, doesn't have as strong a base, and gets moved too far off his spot when engaged by two blockers. He's simply a vastly inferior player to Lotulelei. 

Nearly identical lineups, except that LBs are in a better spot in the first, and in the second the G falls down in trying to get to Edmunds (who doesn't look good at all on the tackle) . But the main point is that Star was just as easily moved off the play as Peko by a single blocker. 

9 minutes ago, GG said:

Nearly identical lineups, except that LBs are in a better spot in the first, and in the second the G falls down in trying to get to Edmunds (who doesn't look good at all on the tackle) . But the main point is that Star was just as easily moved off the play as Peko by a single blocker. 

Wait...

Do you not know what a trap block is? 

You can’t possibly think a trap block is the example of your point that you think it is.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GG said:

See...this is where it's getting tedious with you guys. To repeat: YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. This isn't 'nearly indentical lineups'. In fact, it isn't even close. This is a completely different blocking scheme, Eagles here are running inside power wham with the TE coming across an unbalanced DT...he got picked off because he didn't recognize the concept early enough, not because he got 'easily moved off the play'. 

This is the exact same concept the Dolphins tried to use at the goal line when Phillips shot his gap, the major difference being Ertz is a way superior blocker than whoever that Miami TE was. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Wait...

Do you not know what a trap block is? 

You can’t possibly think a trap block is the example of your point that you think it is.

Telling you I've been back and forth with this dude for days now and I'm starting to think his kid got a hold of his keyboard or something. How tf you rack up 27k posts on a football messageboard and know zero about the game...blows my mind

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GG said:

There are two separate plays in the shot.  

That is true, but even in that second play he is shooting the gap. He isn't moved out of the play, he is performing his assignment. That doesn't prove he gets "moved out of the play."  

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Telling you I've been back and forth with this dude for days now and I'm starting to think his kid got a hold of his keyboard or something. How tf you rack up 27k posts on a football messageboard and know zero about the game...blows my mind

GG is tough to read. 

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

That is true, but even in that second play he is shooting the gap. He isn't moved out of the play, he is performing his assignment. That doesn't prove he gets "moved out of the play."  

Then how is it different from Peko being ridden out above?  The main difference is the backside support was nonexistent in the Peko play.

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Then how is it different from Peko being ridden out above?  The main difference is the backside support was nonexistent in the Peko play.

Peko didn't fill his gap. 

GG, this is sort of basic stuff. If you can't see the difference between those plays, then you are so far from having even a fundamental understanding of DLine play that there is just nothing left to discuss. 

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Peko didn't fill his gap. 

GG, this is sort of basic stuff. If you can't see the difference between those plays, then you are so far from having even a fundamental understanding of DLine play that there is just nothing left to discuss. 

How's Peko supposed to fill that gap when it's a moving gap about 4 yards from his presnap position?  The fault on that play seems to be more on Oliver than Peko.

3 minutes ago, GG said:

How's Peko supposed to fill that gap when it's a moving gap about 4 yards from his presnap position?  The fault on that play seems to be more on Oliver than Peko.

Peko let the blocker on his left shoulder get all the way around him to his right shoulder and turn him away from the play.  That is horrendous play. Peko's job there is to not let the blocker do that.  

13 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This is the same guy that seriously argued McDermott made a mistake not drafting a QB in the 1st round in 2017, after being here for all of 3 months. And that he should have used Carolina's QB scouting work to make his decision even though we hadn't hired a GM yet. This conversation isn't going anywhere.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Post that quote from the article from your subscription.  I have a strong feeling you are completely misinterpreted it.  I don’t think you read the article.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sean-mcdermott-calls-out-charles-clay-and-kelvin-benjamin/ar-BBNfnXN

I think it's quite possible he chose to call out KB and to a lesser extent, Clay, because he perceived a lack of effort/commitment. I don't think anyone's questioned Star's effort. Just his ability.

This is one snippet from one week. McD RARELY calls players out in that manner. Not never. Still rarely.

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think it's quite possible he chose to call out KB and to a lesser extent, Clay, because he perceived a lack of effort/commitment. I don't think anyone's questioned Star's effort. Just his ability.

This is one snippet from one week. McD RARELY calls players out in that manner. Not never. Still rarely.

Called out Zay