Cardinal (??) bernard law

Plain and simple......this pedifile enabler should have been placed underneath the casket of Pope John Paul II and sealed away for all time. He is a total disgrace to the Catholic faith, and the fact that he allowed to even be seen in public says more about the state of Catholic Church then any other instance or subject.

When you cannot stand up and protect and defend the children and other innocents of your faith, then as a leader you have failed them and the world. Elimination by any means is the only fate that this bastard deserves. :(

I'll stand by what i originally said: I'm glad i'm not a member of the roman catholic church. But i'm also glad i'm not an orthodox jew, a moderate muslim, a hard line muslim, a pagan, etc. I'm perfectly happy with my own faith. I just don't agree that a guy who rapes boys gets to sidestep a country's legal system only to receive a promotion to go work in the vatican.

I'll stand by what i originally said:  I'm glad i'm not a member of the roman catholic church.  But i'm also glad i'm not an orthodox jew, a moderate muslim, a hard line muslim, a pagan, etc.  I'm perfectly happy with my own faith.  I just don't agree that a guy who rapes boys gets to sidestep a country's legal system only to receive a promotion to go work in the vatican.

301903[/snapback]

To be clear, "Bernard Cardinal Law" has neither been accused of or charged w/ molestation or sexual assault.

He has been accused of knowingly shuffling now-convicted pedophile priests around the country from the Pervert's Paradise that is the Boston Archdiosece. The only reason he hasn't been charged is b/c the state can't subpoena church records (in the off chance they weren't used to make the dots on Ash Wednesday) just like a priest can't be forced to testify about a confession.

Is that better or worse? :P

I know he was not accused or charged with rape or molestation, but knowlingly letting someone participate in crimes like that is almost as bad. So, to answer your question, actually raping someone is worse, but allowing someone to rape someone else is pretty close.

I know he was not accused or charged with rape or molestation, but knowlingly letting someone participate in crimes like that is almost as bad.  So, to answer your question, actually raping someone is worse, but allowing someone to rape someone else is pretty close.

302063[/snapback]

Ahh yes, I love this country where the rich and powerful are convicted without charges or evidence. What a great country we live in. :P

Yeah thanks. We are all secure in our knowledge that you favor your own religion over others. Congrats.

Carry on as you choose, but imo, your posts on this topic are out of place and I'm sorry, bordering on juvenile.

well said.

In a few days someone will come along and write ..."you know, I just got back from temple, and you really gotta give it to us jews. We do it right. There is something to be said for our wonderful faith that puts it above your faith".

Ahh yes, I love this country where the rich and powerful are convicted without charges or evidence.  What a great country we live in.  :doh:

302076[/snapback]

Please...if you knew anything at all about this bastard even you would not defend him. He hppens to be from my area and I can tell you the ONLY reason that he is not behind bars for the rest of his life is because of his position in the church. He is GUILTY beyond even the most remote doubt. He is a criminal of the highest order, and what he allowed to happen to the children of th parishes that he was over is something that he wil surely burn in Hell for. He alone could have ended the abuse that existed under his watch....instead HE choose to simple play musical priests and move those monsters around.

His GUILT is not GUILT by association...it is GUILT in the most direct way. Please simply check the facts before you defend such a evil bastard as has ever existed.

Again the only punishment that is worthy for him is to either be buried alive (so he can think about his actions for a good long time as he rots. Or he could be burned at the stake.....this would be fitting just because this way we know that there would be no possibility that any of his flesh remains here on earth.

Again RIO, glad to see you being judge, jury and prosecutor.

I know the facts. I know a lot off what happened there. But until he is given a trial by a jury of his peers, he is not guilty.

This is not Rich's little witch hunt were everyone you or anyone else thinks is guilty just because the media, or hearsay says he is. If you want to convict him fine, bring charges and settle the way this country intended it.

But to say he is guilty without evidence is wrong and slanderous.

As far as his judgement on the next level that is between God and him. I am sure he will have plenty to answer for, and without the right answers and sorrow, he will pay dearly for a long time more then the punishment you wish to give him here on earth.

Just remember though "Do not judge, lest you be judged." Prejudging him is wrong on every level as well.