TBN (free): “He was an animal” Philadelphia friends tell tales about Bills' Sean McDermott

YoloinOhio

McDermott said he isn’t treating the Bills' game against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday at New Era Field any differently than any other game on any other week. He has a process, one he won’t compromise, even though he’s facing his hometown team for the first time as a head coach. Even though the Eagles are the franchise that allowed him to break into the NFL, hiring him as a scouting administrative assistant in 1999, promoting him to defensive coordinator in 2009 then firing him after the 2010 season. Even though he knows it’s not just any other game.

This story is unlocked from the TBN paywall fyi

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I think we can all picture coach in the midst of a post game speech with the team huddled around "start ripping into it a little bit."

‘One of the best dancers in the world’

Brady: “This is legit. McDermott, he is a pasty, white, red-haired Irish guy, and yet he is one of the best dancers in the world. That dude can cut a rug, man.

“He’s just one of these guys, if you just looked at him standing still, you wouldn’t think that guy could go out on the dance floor and tear it up. But it’s, like, funny to watch him. I would laugh every time. He can tear it up on a dance floor, man. Anywhere. Any time. He was great.

“If we were at a high school dance or something or at a party, he would just start ripping into it a little bit. It’d be hysterical. The guy had great rhythm.”

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

I think we can all picture coach in the midst of a post game speech with the team huddled around "start ripping into it a little bit."

Brady: “This is legit. McDermott, he is a pasty, white, red-haired Irish guy, and yet he is one of the best dancers in the world. That dude can cut a rug, man.

“He’s just one of these guys, if you just looked at him standing still, you wouldn’t think that guy could go out on the dance floor and tear it up. But it’s, like, funny to watch him. I would laugh every time. He can tear it up on a dance floor, man. Anywhere. Any time. He was great.

“If we were at a high school dance or something or at a party, he would just start ripping into it a little bit. It’d be hysterical. The guy had great rhythm.”

• Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

I think McDermott is going to hear about this from the team.

• Haha (+1) 1

Straight-edged

Ormond: “Off the field, he was quiet, calm, reserved. He wouldn’t ruffle any feathers. He wouldn’t do anything to get in trouble. He walked the line. He was straight-edge. He was very easy going. Didn’t get in any trouble. He wasn’t a risk-taker or anything.

Too conservative. Doomed. :devil: